Sign in to follow this  
dji

[Answered] Any region block for trades?

What generations had a regional blockade? for example the 2 if a Japanese wanted to pass a celebi from their Japanese version to mine which is Spanish

1 hour ago, dji said:

What generations had a regional blockade? for example the 2 if a Japanese wanted to pass a celebi from their Japanese version to mine which is Spanish

If you're referring to trades:

Cart / VC Gen 1: (ENG FRE GER ITA SPA) <-/-> (JPN)
VC Gen 2: (ENG FRE GER ITA SPA) <-/-> (JPN) <-/-> (KOR GS)  [includes Time Capsule]
Cart Gen2: (ENG FRE GER ITA SPA KOR GS) <-/-> (JPN) [includes Time Capsule]

[Note: While Korean GS can communicate with the international games, the trades aren't 100% perfect, due to characters used in names]

Gen 3: No regional lock for trades (note: No KOR Gen 3 games)

Gen 4: Every language can connect with each other, with the exception of Korean games.

Gen 5 and onwards: No restrictions for multi-regional trades

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

If you're referring to trades:

Cart / VC Gen 1: (ENG FRE GER ITA SPA) <-/-> (JPN)
VC Gen 2: (ENG FRE GER ITA SPA) <-/-> (JPN) <-/-> (KOR GS)  [includes Time Capsule]
Cart Gen2: (ENG FRE GER ITA SPA KOR GS) <-/-> (JPN) [includes Time Capsule]

[Note: While Korean GS can communicate with the international games, the trades aren't 100% perfect, due to characters used in names]

Gen 3: No regional lock for trades (note: No KOR Gen 3 games)

Gen 4: Might have some restrictions with Gen 4 games (specifically connectivity to Korean games), need to check back.

No restrictions on other generations.

if I understand you can not transfer a celebi from the Japanese version to the Spanish one, no?