How do I use New JKSM?

So I know it's weird to be talking about the 3ds at this day and age, but for some reason, none of my PkHex pokemon are showing up when I follow the directions clearly, mainly because all of the tutorial videos use the old JKSM, and I guess I'm using a newer one. 

For starters, there is now import save, or export save which is leading me to believe that that is what's causing the problem.

I thought I was doing everything correctly in PkHex, I had a completely legal Shiny Celebi, then I exported the Save, and overwrote my first one, and then I went back to JKSM, and that's when I just clicked on my pokemon file, and it asked if I should overwrite the first save. Now in all the videos, it shows a different menu, with the option to import the file, but that's not there. So I clicked yes, and it loaded for a split second, and then said "Complete". After that, I open up my Ultra Sun game, (eshop version on home menu), and nothing was there. 

Idk if I'm doing something wrong, but it didn't work for my Game Cartridge either, leading me to believe that it's the new JKSM, and there are no videos on youtube about the new JKSM, so I'm confused.

I know that no one uses the 3ds anymore, but I do, and I need help!!!!

Thank you,

• Like 1

@HenboBaggins as opposed to following video tutorials, I say read one that we have.
In any case, throw everything you think you've watched so far out the window.

Here's an alternative take, if you're displeased with the one we already have:
1. Play game on 3DS, save twice in-game.
2. Enter JKSM, Refresh Titles/Refresh Games (if the option is there); This only needs to be done if game title doesn't appear.

Note: I'm not sure if you trying to edit the e-shop version or cart, since you mentioned both,
so I'm listing it as e-shop/cart version. Stay consistent with which option you choose.

3. Go to the e-shop/cart version (depending on which one you want to backup)
4. Export save (it dumps the save from e-shop/cart version), and give it a recognizable name. For this example, I'll be referring to it as My save 01
5. Open your SD card on your Computer
6. In the JKSM folder location for the game, copy the folder of My save 01 and paste it there. If you did that, it should show something like My save 01 - Copy
7. Open My save 01 - Copy 's main in PKHeX. Make a simple edit (give yourself Shiny Celebi, for example).
8. Export Sav in PKHeX, overwrite My save 01 - Copy's main. (note. the file MUST be called main. Make sure there's no other file in the folder.)
9. Re-insert SD card in your 3DS, open JKSM, Import Save back into e-shop/cart version

With this:
(i) You have a backup of an unedited save (My save 01) [can be imported back into the games at any time]
(ii) You have a modified save (My save 01 - Copy)
(iii) You have imported the modified save into e-shop/cart version.
(iv) As a word of caution, never Export Save over an existing file. Thus, name a folder/create a new file.

Also, in your next reply, if it doesn't work, specify what CFW you're on, and what's the entrypoint used to enter the CFW.
Also show screenshot of what's in the folder for My save 01 - Copy

• Like 1

@theSLAYER Thank you for the very detailed response, but It wasn't an e-shop or cart game, it was a CIA file (Sorry for mistaking that). In videos, it showed that the old JKSM was compatible with CIA files. Also, there isn't an import save option. I did everything else correctly, I overwrote the save, it was called main, and there wasn't anything else in the file. There wasn't an export save or import save option on the JKSM application, which is what I need help with. Do you know any links that could bring me to a download file for the old version of JKSM?

10 hours ago, HenboBaggins said:

@theSLAYER Thank you for the very detailed response, but It wasn't an e-shop or cart game, it was a CIA file (Sorry for mistaking that). In videos, it showed that the old JKSM was compatible with CIA files. Also, there isn't an import save option. I did everything else correctly, I overwrote the save, it was called main, and there wasn't anything else in the file. There wasn't an export save or import save option on the JKSM application, which is what I need help with. Do you know any links that could bring me to a download file for the old version of JKSM?

CIA version is basically the e-shop version (it’s what the e-shop installs). Saying cia version would let people think you’re pirating, and that’s not okay.

Take a screenshot of your JKSM. I don’t think the issue is with old or new versions. Show various screenshots of your JKSM.

additionally, you haven’t told me what CFW you’re using and what entrypoint you’re using.

IMG_3687.thumb.jpg.fdc5b646301a707e9279f0e983ca3ac6.jpg@theSLAYERIMG_3688.thumb.jpg.acb0779154ffc6af4f1b02acdd75a2f3.jpg1562937998_3dsphoto1.thumb.jpg.87a0418aecb4bfda8ea9b3bf791f92b7.jpgIMG_3690.thumb.jpg.fa7fb5584c42d3e031f4c74bd543ab4f.jpgIMG_3694.thumb.jpg.6cece96f383479b7edce0c1113d0a725.jpgIMG_3699.thumb.jpg.f7fc80022b2d484cf446ab9915ea71bf.jpg Here are the photos in order, (The last one is really cool because I took the photo before the light could fade...) but anyway, as you can see there is no import or export save option, and all seems well when I click the Ultrasun save file I made, and then it asks if I want to overwrite it, and then it loads, and said overwrite complete. Then I opened my game and nothing was there, (I expect you don't need a photo of that). I can't find any videos on this new version. 

Edited by HenboBaggins

@HenboBaggins at the very least that is indeed your save in that image.
But yeah, there doesn't to be an import option. This page (latest JKSM) was in the link I sent previously.
Did you go there and grab the latest JKSM?

ALSO, when you launch your 3DS, immediately hold the Select button (even before the screen lights up), and take a photograph.