Can't Open PKhex Update

A Shadow

'Sup?

I'm a newer user of PKHex. I've been using it for the past month or so and have been enjoying it greatly with OR and now currently Y ROMs. 
This evening I noticed a hyperlink in the software window to an update so I clicked it and was led to this:

I installed it but am unable to use this version. 
1. It was intercepted by my antivirus, Avast:

2ilGSCi.png

2. I get a pop-up that says I don't have sufficient permissions to access the file:

ShvFTap.png

I'm annoyed at myself for my tendency to be hasty. It did not occur to me to check how current this "update" is and somehow I didn't keep the page where I downloaded my previous version, the one I was able to use without issues. Now I can not find it. 

What can I do? 
I use a Lenovo Flex 14 Laptop with Windows 10.

Edited by A Shadow

I don’t use AVAST, but you could try to scan the zip with AVAST (so that it pops up), then proceed to add PKHeX to the exceptions?

or maybe have a folder location set up and scan excluded, then save the zip straight to there?

You’re gonna need someone who uses AVAST to give you the exact procedure, but in the mean time try to figure it out based on what I said.

(I mean, despite anti-virus systems being different, they probably do have an exception or exclusion setting somewhere)

16 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

I don’t use AVAST, but you could try to scan the zip with AVAST (so that it pops up), then proceed to add PKHeX to the exceptions?

or maybe have a folder location set up and scan excluded, then save the zip straight to there?

You’re gonna need someone who uses AVAST to give you the exact procedure, but in the mean time try to figure it out based on what I said.

(I mean, despite anti-virus systems being different, they probably do have an exception or exclusion setting somewhere)

Thanx for the response. 
I tried scanning it and it instantly popped up an Avast window that came back clean. Not sure what exactly that means. 
Fortunately, it turns out that I didn't delete the old version from my downloads folder so I was able to get that back. 

4 minutes ago, A Shadow said:

Thanx for the response. 
I tried scanning it and it instantly popped up an Avast window that came back clean. Not sure what exactly that means. 
Fortunately, it turns out that I didn't delete the old version from my downloads folder so I was able to get that back. 

It’s weird that it comes back clean, yet you can’t paste it out from the zip.

I say delete the zip and redownload it into an excluded folder.

a quick google search gave me this: https://www.getavast.net/support/managing-exceptions

I added it as an exception WITHOUT having to delete it and reinstall it, there aren't instructions for that from what I could understand but it had no effect. 
I appreciate the effort @theSLAYER but I don't mind just sticking with the previous version I was using. 

On 5/16/2019 at 3:01 AM, ReignOfComputer said:

avast has a pretty hyperactive real-time scanner. It'll probably get cleared in 1-2 days.

Either add it as an exception, temporarily disable avast and unzip, or continue to use your old version and update later.

It was cleared and then could be run but it wouldn't open my game file. 
I've returned to using my old version. 

Last night I moved on to something else, I tried to get homebrew on my 3DS to import a cartridge file for use with PKHex but it didn't work. 
Most access points were supposedly patched and no longer usable and the internet browser QR code methods errored. 
I just wanted to shiny-ify a Rowlet in Moon because I've been soft-resetting without success (or screwed it up at least one of the several times I dropped my 3DS in the middle of scrolling through the cut scene which gets me the 'the game card came out' error even though it never actually does) since I got the game about two years ago (I know I'm absolutely ridiculous but I MUST have the shiny Rowlet, it's just so beautiful!). 
I didn't get around to checking my 3DS software version and read it doesn't work with some so perhaps it was that. 

I think I'm gonna give in and get Powersaves for this one. I'd been holding back not wanting to pay $20 for one cheat but I'm gettin' tired of this. 

Edited by A Shadow

36 minutes ago, A Shadow said:

@theSLAYER Color me intrigued. 
Could you explain this further? Sorry, I'm not savvy.  

https://3ds.hacks.guide/ has a full guide with instructions on how to get it done, use at your own risk.

Once you get past Get Started and decide to go with ntrboot as the option (for the guide),
you'll eventually land on a page that has a full list of NDS flashcarts, and it's compatibility (this way you'll know if you own one that is compatible, or which one to buy).

ntrboothax was originally known as magnethax, which is a hardware entrypoint that could not be patched.

1 hour ago, theSLAYER said:

https://3ds.hacks.guide/ has a full guide with instructions on how to get it done, use at your own risk.

Once you get past Get Started and decide to go with ntrboot as the option (for the guide),
you'll eventually land on a page that has a full list of NDS flashcarts, and it's compatibility (this way you'll know if you own one that is compatible, or which one to buy).

ntrboothax was originally known as magnethax, which is a hardware entrypoint that could not be patched.

Thanx, I'll keep this in mind. 

1 minute ago, A Shadow said:

Thanx, I'll keep this in mind. 

No worries! Anyway when you get time to read the guide and check your firmware version, you should be able to know for sure what method to follow. If your firmware is low enough, you may not even need to pay anything (in terms of buying necessary hardware).

In any case, this isn’t going to fix the antivirus hypersensitivity. I don’t think there’s anything in our end we can do regarding that :/