Suggestiony Question: PKHeX & GO

Michael J. Caboose

Are there any plans to incorporate the gp1Editor into PKHeX? (Or at least to continue support for the gp1Editor separately?) It's currently one of my most used programs post-Let's Go release. But it's always nicer when functions are wrapped up into a single cohesive package. So just curious.

1 hour ago, Michael J. Caboose said:

Or at least to continue support for the gp1Editor separately?

GP1editor isn't made by the Devs of PKHeX. When you mean continue support, you mean what exactly?
Given that GP1 details hasn't changed (cause the game hasn't done updates to it), what else is there to add support for, really? Not sarcasm, genuinely asking.

Oh, GP1editor dev here :3

edit: Also, I agree with what is said below v

gp1ed is written in Visual Basic, PKHeX is written in c#

Although they are both .NET languages, it's not wise to mix languages. I don't want to rewrite or maintain stuff that can be easily kept in a separate program.

Mystery Gift file editors have always been separate tools; I think gp1 should be handled the same way. They're just templates!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, theSLAYER said:

GP1editor isn't made by the Devs of PKHeX. When you mean continue support, you mean what exactly?
Given that GP1 details hasn't changed (cause the game hasn't done updates to it), what else is there to add support for, really? Not sarcasm, genuinely asking.

Oh, GP1editor dev here :3

edit: Also, I agree with what is said below v

It's a little annoying that things are restricted to the 153 species in Let's Go, but also completely understandable since there's no real need for the others yet. So I don't really have any suggestions in particular, at the moment. (Unless the gp1 files for Let's Go have data space already to store the additional charge move Pokemon have been given in GO since then, maybe? IDK)

It was more a general desire for continued support. Like if Sword & Shield, or any other future games, have GO connectivity as well. I've found it to be a fairly useful tool for collection purposes in just Let's Go alone. Which is why I was curious if the features might be implemented into PKHeX in the future. Because it'd be a shame for them to potentially disappear into the aether.

Of course, it's all hypothetical for now. We'd need more games that can connect with GO for it to even become an issue.

Anyway, thanks for the answers!

30 minutes ago, Michael J. Caboose said:

It's a little annoying that things are restricted to the 153 species in Let's Go, but also completely understandable since there's no real need for the others yet.

You can't import the others anyway, and there's no guarantee SWSH will have Go connectivity, and even if it would, no guarantee it's the same format as GP1.

It does have a Calculator mode for viewing CP of the rest. (and if the GP1 format stays the same for SWSH, it won't be difficult to update it)

Unless the gp1 files for Let's Go have data space already to store the additional charge move Pokemon have been given in GO since then

I tested that when it was released; it's not stored on GP1. GP1s definitely have space for it and many more, but it appears Go Park can't be bothered..
Not that it truly matters, since Go moves aren't transferred over to the LGPE, so the moves being recorded in GP1 don't really matter.
(I just use it to check if the GP1 were legally transferred from PGo)

Of course, it's all hypothetical for now. We'd need more games that can connect with GO for it to even become an issue.

and the only way we'll know for sure what format is used, is when the games are released.

It was more a general desire for continued support. Like if Sword & Shield, or any other future games, have GO connectivity as well. I've found it to be a fairly useful tool for collection purposes in just Let's Go alone. Which is why I was curious if the features might be implemented into PKHeX in the future. Because it'd be a shame for them to potentially disappear into the aether. 

To add on, I have been doing support for it. I've added the CP bar for the new stat changes, and added new moves into the move boxes whenever a new move ID is known. Besides that, nothing much I could do really..

I understand you want it for SWSH (if GO transfers are thing), and I intend to support it, as long as I'm still around.
Even if I'm not around, I imagine someone would come along with their own tool :)