Pokemon Gen 4 ROM Hacking (Newbie)

Hi Everyone

I have recently got into ROM Hacking and had a lot of fun playing with Wild Pokemon Levels, Trainer Pokemon Levels and tweaking difficulties etc. in Platinum.

However the two main things I want to try and learn how to do are:

1). Change the levels of Legendary Pokemon - I cannot for the life of me find out how to change these, I have only managed to do Wild Pokemon so far.
Basically I want to change a few levels in Platinum and slightly change their movepools:
(eg. Regigigas to Lvl 70, The Regis to Lvl 40 atleast, Arceus to Lvl 100, Giratina to Lvl 50, Heatran to Lvl 70)

This is to go with the increased level challenges I am giving myself (along with changing the Pkmn Evolutions to not require trading which I have already done successfully)

2). I have just finished playing through Black & White, and I was wondering if it is possible to make the version alternate Dragon (Zekrom in Black, Reshiram in White) appear in Dragon Spiral Tower in the Post-Game?
I would set it to be captured at Lvl 70 so there is the option of catching both of the Yin & Yang Dragons. (I would do this in B2W2 as well at a later date when I finally play through that)

This I imagine will be quite advanced, as I havent got that far into Map Editting etc.

Would anyone be able to give me any tips in approaching these two ideas if possible please?

Number 1 I have a funny feeling im missing something incredibly obvious, but number 2 should be a longer term project I will do over the coming weekends - Just looking for some guidance to see if it is possible and the best tools / tutorials to look at to achieve this :)

Many thanks in advance!
Monty

• 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...

ever figure it all out? I wouldn't mind checking out them if you have them on github or somehting. I'm trying to start hacking Pearl or Planium, rather do peral and add pokemon and put all 3 legendaries in it, but gen 4 just has nothing. B?W have way more just because it was the newest DS game. It sucks really hard fining out how to do things in gen 4, I'm willing to even write my own lua code with a decomp, if I can find some starting point that is.