[Replicable Issue] Legality Issue with Qwilfish on Gen II

Burning Justice

@Kaphotics looks like the problem is with the Route it was met on.

My own copy, from left to right: Route 12, Route 13, Route 32.
image.png

According to bulbapedia, all 3 Routes mentioned can encounter Qwilfish with Super Rod @ Lv40 (ignoring Swarm at Route 32).
Wanna confirm if that info is correct or it's incorrect (hence PKHeX is right)

I haven't been able to replicate the moves issue on my own copy,
however changing the Route for OP's save to Route 32 also goes ahead and fixes the moves issues, so maybe it's related to identification of encounter.

• theSLAYER changed the title to [Replicable Issue] Legality Issue with Qwilfish on Gen II

Qwilfish can certainly be found on Routes 12 and 13, cross-checking between Bulbapedia, Serebii and my own gen II games.
It has essentially the same encounter data for 32, 12 and 13, found exclusively at level 40 alongside the more common Magikarp and Tentacool.

I'm having the same legality issue with Route 12 + Route 13 Qwilfish here, but not having the moves issue replicate on my end.
The moveset for lv40 Qwilfish will always be Minimize / Water Gun / Pin Missile / Take Down, so PKHeX shouldn't be throwing a fit about moves regardless of where the Qwilfish was found.

illegal fish.png

legal fish.png

cc_05.png

Edited by Marinebeast
Attached screencaps of legal Qwilfish, "illegal" Qwilfish, and ingame screencap of Qwilfish being found on route 12 & 13.