Fateful Encounter Issues in Pokemon Colosseum

Reclaimer Shawn

So I was using PKHex to mod pokemon on Colosseum to transfer them over to my Gameboy and whenever I ticked the "Fateful Encounter" flag on Pokemon, the game would delete them upon it starting. I think for Deoxys to be legit and obey that the fateful encounter flag has to be checked, preventing a legit Deoxys from spawning in-game via PKHex. Taking off the Fateful Encounter flag fixes this issue partially, but considering Deoxys isn't legit without this flag, it isn't able to be transferred over to a Gameboy. This even occurs with the pokemon in the Encounters Database. A save file for reference will be attached. This is on the latest version of PKHex on a retail disc and a modded Wii by the way.

01-GC6E-pokemon_colosseum_04.gci

Edited by Reclaimer Shawn

The save file you attached looks perfectly fine, no issues.
What kind of Deoxys are you trying to spawn in, though? Is it a Birth Island Deoxys or an event distribution (SPACE C, etc) one? The fine details matter greatly in this case, and if you don't do it properly, then the game won't treat it as legitimate.

I personally recommend that you search the Downloads database for a gen 3 event Deoxys that fits your needs (there's two on this page), and inject it into your Colosseum save file. It's a lot easier than creating one from scratch.

Edited by Marinebeast
attached link for Easy Access to Deoxys
  • Like 1

I was trying to spawn in Birth Island Deoxys. It turns out that setting the Fateful Encounter Flag in PKHex actually sets the Invalid Pokemon flag instead, causing the pokemon to be hidden. I figured this out by opening the save file in PkmGCEditor after editing in PKHex. Fixing it there got it to appear in game but prevented it from being transferred over to the Gameboy. I documented this here: https://github.com/kwsch/PKHeX/issues/2289#issuecomment-487442379. Because PKHex did the same thing with SPACE C Deoxys I injected it via PKHex and then fixed it in PkmGCEditor. This Deoxys still isn't transferable, though I do thank you for your help.

Edited by Reclaimer Shawn