Need clarity on trainer ID in PkHEx

Xenaer12

The TID presently displayed, is the 6 digit TID (and 4 digit SID) that Gen 6 and onwards uses. 

The one that appears when you hover is the traditional 5 digit TID and 5 digit SID used by Gen 5 and below.

Functionally, the 6 digit variant is mathematically derived from the 5 digit variant

The 5 digit variant is an immediate conversion from the data (in hexadecimal), so typically manual hex editing by users or any other tools may require that version, cause it’s easier to input and convert.

While I don’t know for sure, it is probably there so users know whichever 5 digit TID/SID to input into a file if they’re doing manual hex edits, as opposed to having to mathematically derive what the 5 digit TID/SID would be from 6 digit TID/4 digit SID.

16 minutes ago, Xenaer12 said:

Oh ok, so if i were to, hypothetically,  lets say create a gen 5 pokemon and wanted it to have the exact same TID and SID as my Ultra Sun trainer i would use the "hovered over" digits. 

Except that wouldn't work, sadly :/ . How the game chooses to display the 5 digit or 6 digit variant, is by checking the Pokémon's Origin Game.

So while a Gen 5 and Gen 7 PK file can have the same TID/SID (in terms of hexadecimal data), it'll be displayed differently due to the Origin Game.

(This stops any transported Pokémon's TID/SID from transforming.)

Ye that's exactly what I mean actually :) . If I made the gen 5 pokemon in ultra sun for example it would have the "hovered over" TID displayed ingame ie. 27927. While all the gen 7 pokemon will display the 6 digit TID ie. 767639 . Correct me if im wrong. 

23 minutes ago, Xenaer12 said:

Ye that's exactly what I mean actually :) . If I made the gen 5 pokemon in ultra sun for example it would have the "hovered over" TID displayed ingame ie. 27927. While all the gen 7 pokemon will display the 6 digit TID ie. 767639 . Correct me if im wrong. 

Yup that is right (provided you used the matching SID too)

• 3 months later...

Hello, I need help related to this topic. So I want to change my passport number to a cool one in my new Ultra Sun, let say 000142, so In the pkhex do I need to change only the TID tab from Trainer info and the program makes the rest??? What about that 4 digit SID number??? I leave it as is it or I need to change it to match the TID I want? Can be random? I'm confused cuz I googled a lot about this, in older versions of this program there was a dedicated Gen7Id tab, you know the older TID + SID × 65536 = Passport Number.