PGE and the Physical/Special split for Emerald

ABZB

I used PGE's tool to add more moves, but the additional moves are all being read as physical by the game.

Any pointers on what might be going wrong?

EDIT:  Ok, so what actually seems to have happened is that the patch I used for adding the split actually adds the three icons (Physical/Special/Status), and a bit of code that assigns the correct icon based on the data in the original range - it does not get repointed or have its range expanded when PGE adds move indices.

However, the actual calculation works fine, even for the new moves (tested by modding Pokemon to have 0 ATK or SP. Attack and then using moves whose types did not match their Special/Physical status.)

Edited by ABZB
  • Like 1

• 10 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 4/25/2019 at 10:47 AM, ABZB said:

I used PGE's tool to add more moves, but the additional moves are all being read as physical by the game.

Any pointers on what might be going wrong?

EDIT:  Ok, so what actually seems to have happened is that the patch I used for adding the split actually adds the three icons (Physical/Special/Status), and a bit of code that assigns the correct icon based on the data in the original range - it does not get repointed or have its range expanded when PGE adds move indices.

However, the actual calculation works fine, even for the new moves (tested by modding Pokemon to have 0 ATK or SP. Attack and then using moves whose types did not match their Special/Physical status.)

i guess it is fine