How much do you like your Pokemon?

GoldTrainer

I'm just going to go ahead and say it. I think it's absurd how you people are emotionally attached to data. Of course, I have favourite Pokemon but I've never that far to actually feel anything for them.

For example, I use bitter medicine on my Pokemon all the time. Revival Herb is so much better than a Revive. I honestly don't care if they don't like me. You might say I'm like Paul from the anime but that's just how it is.

It's just as absurd as being emotionally attached to any other invisible, non existent entity. *cough* :rolleyes:

Though really, I don't see "using bitter medicine" as "being mean". You have to take medicine in real life, and 90% of the time it doesn't taste good. Oh well? The user will toughen up eventually. :T

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

A lot. I really like my Sceptile I got in 2003 on my Sapphire (first pokemon), my hatched Shiny Pikachu (will ALWAYS be my favorite pokemon), my starters, my Toys r us Shaymin, my female Shiny Crobat, my GAMESTOP Pichu, and my Spiky ear Pichu. I wouldn't give them (or any duplicates of them) away for ANY POKEMON, though I can't speak for those 2 duplicates I made of my GAMESTOP Pichu and gave to 2 of my friends who didn't go to the event. I remember when I was little my favorite pokemon was my L33t Lv.100 Spr_1b_150.png, but many years later, he died along with the internal battery of my Silver version. His soul resides in the registered pokemon list for the prime cup (on my Pokemon Stadium 2).

I liked my Pokemon a lot more in previous generations. I used to give them nicknames and everything. My first Blaziken in Ruby was named Flamey and I used to battle with him ALL THE TIME, even when I was at a type disadvantage xD. By the time I got up to fighting Steven, he was already level 64. I played the game too much and the battery died on me though. I cried a bit when i lost him. When i found out about Pokesav, I decided to make a "duplicate" of him for my Diamond and I still use him today.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

When this sort of question comes up there's always those who think it's insane to get emotionally attached to things that, quite frankly, don't exist. But my reply to that is that fictional characters of all sorts are not things nature/God intended for humans to deal with. So it's to be expected that we might get attached to things that 'don't really exist'. It just all falls under the category of suspension of disbelief. To a certain extent the ability to set aside reality and willingly engage in fantasy is a sign of a healthy mind (I've head that some hardened criminals on death row are unable to do this even if they're just watching a play). Now, should someone think their Pokémon are truly alive and just trapped in their cartridges that person would have some... um, issues with reality. But no one in this thread so far has shown signs of that.

Getting attached to fictional characters = totally healthy in moderation.

So yeah, I am attached to a few of my Pokémon. My LeafGreen cartridge has been missing for two years now and I miss my Charizard terribly despite having raised another Charizard on FireRed :( On that game I also have a Pikachu and a Goldeen I used to beat the Elite Four because I couldn't bare to evolve them. It seems that I moved over my Bellossom from that game over to Colosseum and I was thrilled when I figured out how to clone her so I could use her in SSilver ♥ I'm more attached to Pokémon I've spent a lot of time on. I've got a Gengar I raised from a baby on his home cartridge. Took forever @_0 I like that dude LOTS.