Ver. 19/04/02 legality issue w/ Meowth family on Let's Go Eevee route 24

DorthLous

The title pretty much says it all but version 19/04/02 flags route 24 as invalid for meowth/persian and only accept route 25. My valid meowth was caught in game on 24 and it is pretty well documented on other sites that it can be caught on those 2 routes. Hope this help :)

P.S.: This only applies to Let's Go Eevee, I think Let's Go Pikachu don't have Meowth.

I only edited my save by the time my pokémon had evolved into a Persian and want to apologize for assuming it was generalized to Meowth. I think I have a backup of that save, so I'll look it up.

-Edit-

Indeed, all the Meowth are valid, but not the Persian, submitting a picture.

InvalidPersian.png

Edited by DorthLous

... But that was a legit catch? And an unedited pokémon? Wut? I *may* have had a lure, since I was trying to catch a few shiny early on... But I'm not even sure about that. I had a warning about me removing my card while the Switch was on and Windows "repaired" it, so I guess there's an incredibly small chance that a bit of the file was corrupted exactly there, but still, that is so unlikely (still, only one bit flipped if no encryption, I guess).

-Edit-

Does route 25 have higher level? Because it allows route 25. And, if so, can one spawned in one route get caught in the other and be claimed as such?

Edited by DorthLous

Route 25 allows Meowth up to level 14 to spawn, according to serebii.net.

Because the routes so smoothly intersect without physical barriers, it's very likely that a Meowth on Route 25 may have spawned at level 14 and then moved over the threshold into Route 24, where it was then caught. I don't know if there's many routes like this-- the first that come to mind are water routes and Cycling Road + its connected areas-- but they could be worth study for future PKHX legality checks.

Edited by Marinebeast
  • Thanks 1