Pokémon Renegade Platinum

Drayano

15 hours ago, chocolatebunz123 said:

uhm, im in a roadblock in eterna city. i think i pathed the game a bit after talking to the mom and i didnt get the bike and now i cant get the bike either from the bike shop guy and ic ant go any further in the game. is ther anything i can do?

I'd use PKHeX, you can find the download (I think) from this site. Open your savefile using PKHeX and under the "Other" tab, there is an option to give yourself whatever items you want.

Edit: Be careful about using HeX though; when I used it to change the nature of my starter, it reset the stats on my Wormadam to that of the base game.

Edited by MishTheFish
Wanted to include warning about using PKHeX with the hack.
  • Like 1

Hey guys, I'm really excited to play this but can't seem to get the patch to go through. I've tried using 3 different versions of the rom (all US, all unzipped .nds files with 131k kb file size). I've tried the ones numbered 3541, as well as 4997, and I've tried applying both deltax patches to all of them. I keep getting back an error that says "Execution of command...(file names)... failed. (error 193: unknown error c1)". I've read the README files but don't think this particular issue came up in the FAQs. No idea what I'm doing wrong but would very much appreciate some help.

Edited by Silver6

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey! Not sure if anyone mentioned this but as I was completing the Pokedex I noticed some inconsistencies in the document. I encountered Skorupi in Great Marsh area 3/4 and Croagunk in 5/6 which should not be possible according to the document. Also maybe I haven't looked hard enough but I could never encounter Toxicroak, Breloom, and Drapion. I'm playing on version 1.3.0.

Edited by MKMain

Hi :)
I'am currently at the Moltres portal, trying to get a shiny one.
I'm trying already for 2,5 hours by fighting against it, defeating it and encountering it again.
Is it so, that defeating it means it is the same encounter everytime and does not reset the shiny roll?

Thank you in advance :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

my ultimate Pokemon game experience (since i don't plan on going past platinum) would a an open world rpg type of play with all 400+ Pokemon in their respective regions. how hard would it be or what program would you use to add all previous regions, events, encounters, etc? also because im that way, being able to change my clothes to any of the main character styles would awesome, as well as bumping into the actual previous main characters and their rivals, is any of this possible with existing and not to many additional programs?....i know Nintendo and game freak will create this, but an adventurer can try to make his dream come true.

• 2 weeks later...

hi im having issues getting the renegade platinum to actually apply. my rom and everything match and it even says it applied but it gives me errors as posted below. i dont understand what they mean or how to fix the issue as this was never stated in the instructions. 

1:38:28 AM: File 'C:\Users\cazer\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCache\IE\0IPPSO6E\3541_-_Pokemon_Platinum_Version_(US)(XenoPhobia)[1].nds' couldn't be removed (error 5: access is denied.)
1:38:28 AM: Failed to copy the file 'C:\Users\cazer\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCache\IE\0IPPSO6E\3541_-_Pokemon_Platinum_Version_(US)(XenoPhobia)[1]PATCHED.nds' to 'C:\Users\cazer\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCache\IE\0IPPSO6E\3541_-_Pokemon_Platinum_Version_(US)(XenoPhobia)[1].nds' (error 5: access is denied.)
1:38:28 AM: File 'C:\Users\cazer\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCache\IE\0IPPSO6E\3541_-_Pokemon_Platinum_Version_(US)(XenoPhobia)[1]PATCHED.nds' couldn't be renamed 'C:\Users\cazer\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCache\IE\0IPPSO6E\3541_-_Pokemon_Platinum_Version_(US)(XenoPhobia)[1].nds' (error 5: access is denied.)

Hi, first of all: this ROM hack is great, i've reached the end game and it still keeps me engaged with all the neat things available.

Regarding the end game: I'm having problems fishing with the ultra rod with the speedhack patch.

It always fails, the instant text skips the time when i would press A.

I've read in the main post that this issue was solved in 1.30 but i just checked and the problem is still there. 

Also, i'm playing it on a 3dsXL with twilight menu and i don't see any "speed down" setting to enable.

Is there any cheatcode or patch to solve this? (without removing the speedhack, it's the thing that made me start playing this ROM, platinum standard speed is atrocious)

ty

Hi guys! I'm french, and I just came across on this forum and I love Pokemon Platinum. This rebalanced edition of the game is just one of my dearest whishes come true! I come here because I would like to translate the game into French so do you know guys where can I find (if it's possible) a list of all edited texts by Drayano? 

Hope you'll can help me :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey there, love the romhack, played it to 100% diploma. Question here for the dev if this is still being updated, can you check to see if Ghost is supposed to hit Dark-types normally, or NVE? Supposedly this is literally game-breaking and probably should be noted for those playing with the current version, V130.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 2/19/2022 at 11:57 PM, Bluegem521 said:

Minor question, but after starting a save, is it possible to change patches and continue with save, or would one need to restart after patching, sorry if its dumb!

You unfortunately cannot continue an old save state. You'll have to start from the beginning

Honestly, the only thing that kills this hack for me is the "increased difficulty". It was just a level increase and now you're forced to grind, which brings the gameplay to a halt and makes it much more of a chore to play through. Every single time you're gonna fight an important trainer, you're forced to run around fighting the same trainers you fought before only to level up all your current Pokemon, thats just an unnecessary roadblock in progression, I understand giving them a small level increase, but the way it is just isn't good. It would be interesting to have an additional patch that lowers that difficulty just a little so we aren't forced to grind.

• 2 months later...

Hello! I’ve run into an issue with the files- I made a version with a patch and decided I wanted to use a different one, so I made a new patched file. However, I can’t delete the old file. I’ve tried scanning for corrupted files, viruses, booting in safe mode, and a whole bunch of things but I just can’t delete the files! It gives me an error code of error 0x80070780. Do you know how I can fix this? It’s not really a problem, it’s just annoying that it’s there and taking up space. Thanks!