Pokémon Renegade Platinum

Drayano

Hey, so i love this hack. I also love how you included a patch to make the game run faster, as it was sorely needed in the original. However, running the game in 60FPS makes EVERY animation and movement run twice as fast, making the game difficult to play accurately at best, and at worst may cause script errors. Is there a way to fix this? I am on an O3DS with CFW, running TWIMenu++.

On 12/4/2019 at 10:02 AM, Maraudo said:

Matched file and patch, still getting the error. Have tried both patches and neither work.... I might just be missing something because I'm tired. Can someone point me in the right direction here? 

image.thumb.png.6a68535255f57005b4917b33c6a92ad1.png

try unceheck the option (i forgot the name) at the right side of "apply  patch"

• 1 month later...

Hi, I am actually experiencing a little but pesky bug on your hack. I am running it on the latest version of Twilight Menu and the bug causes the screen to glitch out a little bit on the bottom few millimeters of both screens. See screenshot. Hope you can help because it is bothering me and it makes some text very difficult to read. I tried running some other pokemon games and they didn't seem to have that bug. Think the first time I fired up your hack this wasn't there and today when I started it up again it was there all out of a sudden.15788607165856167230703349582888.thumb.jpg.4c57af551e872da8ac5e484cd315c658.jpg

Edited by Primal Reign

35 minutes ago, Primal Reign said:

Hi, I am actually experiencing a little but pesky bug on your hack. I am running it on the latest version of Twilight Menu and the bug causes the screen to glitch out a little bit on the bottom few millimeters of both screens. See screenshot. Hope you can help because it is bothering me and it makes some text very difficult to read. I tried running some other pokemon games and they didn't seem to have that bug. Think the first time I fired up your hack this wasn't there and today when I started it up again it was there all out of a sudden.

Try going in and out of sleep mode. This is a Nintendo bug.

Edited by Guest

• 1 month later...

This comment is for V1.30.  I love the game and all of it's improvements.  It's been nothing but a blast planning for future battles and figuring out what works well and finding out what doesn't.  While not game breaking, I've noticed that some eggs (haven't had the chance to get all of them) hatch at the same friendship level as a caught wild pokemon (70), instead of the normal (130).  Also, in the pokemon changes, it states that Togepi's base friendship is 180, but it also started out with 70 friendship.  This was noticed though using the friendship checker while raising their friendship for evolution.  I've noticed it with Togepi, Mime Jr., and Riolu.  Hopefully it's just a glitch for me and doesn't affect others.  Not a huge deal, as Drayano has given us PLENTY of TM's to use to raise their happiness.

Edit/Update:  I caught a wild Azurill that started at 180 happiness, so maybe it was one time only, or maybe it's only eggs?

Edited by CheeseDaFlam
Update

• 1 month later...

I just started the game and in trade changes text document i found that you can trade regular magikarp for a german magikarp. So i have a question: Is there a masuda method breeding?

If there is then what are the chances of a shiny pokemon hatching?

do you know if its possible to edit the textures of the poketch im thinking of making a rom hack of platinum and I have tried a bunch of different tools but cant get it to work, I wasnt really sure where to ask be because this is a page for a platinum hack I figured I could ask here

• 2 weeks later...

(found solution) 

I have a big problem with the game.

Whenever I open the menu, there's a slight chance my game crashes. You're probably thinking about the worst scenario case that could happen. And yes, that has happened to me twice.

I've encountered and caught two Shiny Pokémon, caught them, then the damn game crashes when I open the menu to save. Though, I will admit I had the version with 1/512 odds of Shiny Pokémon.

I've tried patching the games with and without Checksum Validation to see if there's any way of stopping the crashing, but to no avail.

I hope someone has a solution, because I've had it with the crashing.

Ps. This is on PC using No$GBA. And I am 100% sure my Platinum cartridge is 3541 and patched with the proper base patch.

I played it on DeSmuME and it worked fine. I believe that this Rom has an incompatibility with No$GBA.

Edited by Noct'urna

• 4 weeks later...

hello, I came across this remake which is just incredible but being French I do not understand the whole story knowing what is to modify and I would like to know if there is a French version of pokemon renegade platinium

Sorry guys i have a big problem that ruining this beautiful hack. When i try see all base items, game freezes. It's very annoying cause i cant fish now, just for that. I could use them at the beginning, but after i obtained good road i noticed this bug. It's so strange cause the game was so perfect until this point. Anyone can help me?

• 3 weeks later...

I would love it if you made Gyarados a water / dragon type instead of water / flying. It makes no sense that it is flying type when it CAN'T FLY, doesn't use flying moves, uses dragon moves, and even looks like a dragon. I love how you have adjusted some types to make more sense but I think Gyarados has been left behind.

This game is amazing btw, you can tell when my only complaint is such a minor one.

Edited by Namkcaps

I have found a couple of minor issues 

(by the way I have been playing on the complete 1.3 version of this game) 

Mainly surrounding the new typings to pokemon e.g milotic

So far Milotic and meganium have not had the fairy type added to them even though the pokemon changes page said they were fairy type 

Also some pokemon aren't learning the new moves that the document says they will learn

E.g roselia not learning sludge or sludge bomb by level up

marshtomp and larvitar not learning bulldoze

Chikorita line not learning any fairy type moves

Was I supposed to add another patch when patching the game because I am very confused

Please can someone help explain why the document may be wrong

also for some reason I can't find the move deleter even though they are supposed to be in orbourgh city next to the pokecenter

Edited by Smashbros69

I am doing a catch em all challenge and I have nearly got the second badge

For example I have grinded up five linoones to level 41 before even getting the second badge

The levels of the wild pokemon are perfect for grinding to obscene levels

I love it

Edited by Smashbros69

I have a question regarding shiny odds. I have applied the 1/4096 patch (1/512 is too much for my liking), and I was thinking: can you do Masuda Method on this game? If so, the odds would be the same as Gen 6 and above or it works like Gen 4?

Edited by Ale64

• 2 weeks later...

I just downloaded this but it won't work on my ds lite...I'm using a R4 SDHC flashcard with the latest firmware (already tried formatting the sd card and re-downloading the firmware). Oh and I'm pretty sure I patched it correctly since it works fine on DeSmuME.

The issue: When I enter the menu the game kinda "forces" the original menu instead. However there's no text, Rowan appears along with a white box. It doesn't go away no matter what I do. Does someone have an idea what's happening? Any help is appreaciated! It kinda looks like this btw:

Spoiler

95b97e43-8ba8-4a62-b8db-11cd8f5f0b79.thumb.jpg.643da3808d557bee37742d6bea99f465.jpg

Edited by lunamuffin

For some reason whenever I apply a patch to my Platinum ROM with DeltaPatcherLite, it successfully applies, and then automatically deletes both DeltaPatcherLite and the ROM before I even get a chance to add secondary patches or play the game (using PC and Desmume). Anyone have any advice?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think I found a bug. In Iron Island, I encountered a Nosepass and a Graveler, (I was with Riley) and I couldn't flee due to the Magnet Pull ability. However, when I killed the Graveler and tried to run again, the game still didn't let me run, saying "The wild Bad Egg prevents escape using Magnet Pull!" It's a pretty small bug, but I thought I'd mention it.

On 8/12/2020 at 12:20 AM, WindowsBlueScreen said:

I ran into this glitch and now my game is frozen. I am using DeSmuME and I was just curious if there was any way to get it unfrozen. Otherwise, I am gonna have to restart which isn't fun.

RenPlatGlitch.png

Gen4 games are known to freeze if you encounter two Shiny Pokémon in one single battle.