Sign in to follow this  
TheShadyRelapse

[DPPtHGSS] Unlimited TM's Patches and Tutorial

Posted (edited)

Hello, I have made some patches that give you Unlimited TM's on Pokemon Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, HeartGold, and SoulSilver,

With these, you should be able to get Unlimited TM's on your ROM Hacks which gives you that more modern feature that Pokemon Black and White introduced. 

Currently, I have made patches for HGSS (USA) and Platinum (USA) and Diamond and Pearl (USA) If you want patches that would work for any other region I might be able to make them. 

If you would like to do this manually here is a tutorial:

For USA Platinum:
1) Open up the ROM in a hex editor
2) Go to the address 0x8162A
3) change 49 to BD

For USA HGSS:
1) Open up the decompressed ARM9 in a hex editor
2) Go to the address 0x78452
3) change 49 to BD

For USA DP:
1) Open up the ARM9 in a hex editor
2) Go to the address 0x6EDF2
3) change 49 to BD

Also here is a video of it in action in Pokemon Platinum 

UTM (USA).zip

Edited by TheShadyRelapse
Tutorial
  • Like 2

Cool! This only made them unlimited but however countable? Can you always collect more than 1 and sell/toss them? This was exactly what I was searching for HG/SS where the Flash TM isn't unlimited like the original HM in G/S/C and this is ugly. Can I also always give them to a pokémon? I need also to make un-giveable 2 items exactly like the apricorn balls in HG/SS, do you know where is the HG/SS table that determines which items are un-giveable? I could replace sport ball and park ball whit mine if necessary, in the normal gameplay you can't have them in your bag, then if the space is limited I could replace them. Can you please tell me how do it? :D

Posted (edited)

Thank you very much for posting this!

I've been after this knowledge for ages but I had no idea how to figure this out. Thank you again, this is a simple change but such a good quality of life improvement to the games.

edit:
Ah, sorry, I don't think I can actually use this in my hacks. It looks like while it does make the TMs infinite, it makes everything else infinite too. So you can use Rare Candies infinitely, give/take items from Pokémon to duplicate held items etc. It's very abusable. But this is still good for a personal playthrough on vanilla Platinum/HG/SS so it's still great that you've shared this!

Is there any reason you chose to replace 49 with BD specifically, by the way? I tried some other bytes in place of BD to see what would happen and I got the infinite item effect with a few others like FF. 

This was all tested on Platinum, by the way.

Edited by Drayano
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Exactly there is also the strange effect that don't allow you to toss them and if you give you duplicate them...

Isn't very cool to make a great quality hack, I didn't know 'til know, 'cause I was out in traveling and I haven't my PC to verify it. There is a fix to allow us to however toss them, to have only the effect of a reusable TM like the glass flutes? I can actually sell them and re buy them like normal items, but I want only a function to avoid the consumption but only when used to teach moves, nothing else. :)

On 4/18/2019 at 10:40 PM, Drayano said:

Thank you very much for posting this!

I've been after this knowledge for ages but I had no idea how to figure this out. Thank you again, this is a simple change but such a good quality of life improvement to the games.

edit:
Ah, sorry, I don't think I can actually use this in my hacks. It looks like while it does make the TMs infinite, it makes everything else infinite too. So you can use Rare Candies infinitely, give/take items from Pokémon to duplicate held items etc. It's very abusable. But this is still good for a personal playthrough on vanilla Platinum/HG/SS so it's still great that you've shared this!

Is there any reason you chose to replace 49 with BD specifically, by the way? I tried some other bytes in place of BD to see what would happen and I got the infinite item effect with a few others like FF. 

This was all tested on Platinum, by the way.

I chose 49 because at the time I was thinking maybe If I change the the byte to any number it would do something so I tried 49 and it worked I also tried 64 which also worked so I'm glad that it works

• Like 1

Can you do something to only make them infinite but however tossable like glass flutes? And only TMs and not the other items?