PKMN Colosseum/XD ILLEGAL :S

juanpironi

Hi, I have a doubt.
Until the version of PKHEX 2018/11/9 some pokemon from Colosseum and XD marked them as legal.
But starting from the next version of PKHEX to the present, some Pokemon marks them as illegal ... Why?
For example:
Hitmonchan
Nature: Jolly
PID: B3E077AB
5 IVS 31, DEF 30 (LEGAL) :D
Trapped in Pokemon XD

But if Hitmonlee I put the same PID, IVS etc etc.
Mark it as ILLEGAL saying: Invalid: Encounter Type PID mismatch.
This did not happen in the mentioned version.
The editing fields are fine, because I originally caught it in the game PKMN XD
But I wanted to edit their IVS and PID as Hitmonchan, but it marks it illegal.
Why?

image.thumb.png.c4cef3f025ddb95d83e487adbdd663d2.png

In generation 3 (and 4), PIDs are extremely finicky things. IVs, nature, species, encounter type, and other factors all impact the PID, and you definitely cannot copy-paste a PID from one Pokemon to another and expect it to completely work. I would instead suggest taking the Hitmonlee you caught in your save and edit it, rather than copying Hitmonchan's information and building a Hitmonlee out of it.

PKHeX in general can be a bit odd with Colo/XD. I've had PKHeX mark completely legitimate stuff from my Colosseum save with the "Encounter Type PID Mismatch" status, even though the only edits were de-evolving starters and whatnot. In a later update, that supposed illegality was completely gone. 

However, if you want a functional but not fully legal Pokemon, the Hitmonlee you built will likely be perfectly usable and legal ingame. The games rarely seem to care about minor issues like this, even if they're implausible or impossible in the games proper.

Edited by Marinebeast

35 minutes ago, Marinebeast said:

Esto es muy probable porque el PID se generó para ese Hitmonchan y no el Hitmonlee que se puede obtener en el mismo juego.

En la generación 3 (y 4), los PID son extremadamente delicados en cuanto a cómo se generan y cómo se especifican para cada Pokémon: no puedes simplemente intercambiar las especies, los IV o la naturaleza y conservar el PID original. Si sacó su Hitmonlee de ese salvado y utilizó PKHeX para convertirlo en un Hitmonchan, también se marcaría como ilegal.

Los detalles exactos de por  qué  esto está sucediendo me superan, porque sé muy poco sobre los detalles más finos de la generación de Pokémon Colo / XD, pero esto es normal. 

I do not agree with what you say.
That Hitmonchan that catches in PKMN XD I edit hes stats, PID, nature, ivs, etc.
And with the same PID and IVS of Hitmonchan edit other pokemon, but in some just this happens, which marks them as illegal.

//--posts merged--//

35 minutes ago, Marinebeast said:

Esto es muy probable porque el PID se generó para ese Hitmonchan y no el Hitmonlee que se puede obtener en el mismo juego.

En la generación 3 (y 4), los PID son extremadamente delicados en cuanto a cómo se generan y cómo se especifican para cada Pokémon: no puedes simplemente intercambiar las especies, los IV o la naturaleza y conservar el PID original. Si sacó su Hitmonlee de ese salvado y utilizó PKHeX para convertirlo en un Hitmonchan, también se marcaría como ilegal.

Los detalles exactos de por  qué  esto está sucediendo me superan, porque sé muy poco sobre los detalles más finos de la generación de Pokémon Colo / XD, pero esto es normal. 

I do not agree with what you say.
That Hitmonchan I catches in PKMN XD, I edit the stats, PID, nature, ivs, etc.
And with the same PID and IVS of Hitmonchan I edited other pokemon, but in some cases, it happens that the illegal trademark and others do not.

//--posts merged--//

For example, I catch a Rhydon in PKMN XD
and I edit his stats like Hitmonchan, PID IVS etc etc, and mark it as legal, but if I use the same stats in Hitmonlee it marks it illegal, and so with other pokemon, some legal others do not.
I do not understand why.

//--posts merged--//

For example, I catch a Rhydon in PKMN XD
and I edit his stats like Hitmonchan, PID IVS etc etc, and mark it as legal, but if I use the same stats in Hitmonlee it marks it illegal, and so with other pokemon, some legal others do not.
I do not understand why.

My best recommendation is to just not use the same PID and set of information for an assortment of different Pokemon in the first place. Depending on how XD generates its Pokemon, it may just be impossible for the game's Hitmonlee to have that specific PID while other Pokemon can have it due to their specific circumstances. Specific combinations of IVs, nature, species, and gender (if applicable) may simply not work, depending on how the RNG in XD is rigged up. 

Hypothetically, it should work as long as you're keeping everything completely accurate (met level, encounter location, etc). But gen 3 RNG + PID creation can be a bit whacky at times... and copy-pasting PID across different species is already getting into messy territory with editing.

I cannot name your exact problem here, but it shouldn't surprise that some of your results are flagged as illegal when you're making edits that range into the very implausible (multiple different Pokemon having the same PID).

• Like 2

The fact is that in XD not every PID is actually reachable: some are skipped because of the non-shadow pokemon generated before the shadow one.

As for Rhydon, there's not a non-shadow pokemon generated before it, so, in theory, any PID should be valid.

With XD, however, Pkhex is still quite inaccurate, since it flags illegal pokemon that are actually legal, and vice-versa.

In the end, my recommendation is: if you want shadow pokemon to be legal, you have to actually catch them and keep them as they are.

• Like 1

@Kaphotics,

I have to disagree with you: for example, if a pokemon is caught not in its original location, but from Miror B., Pkhex marks it as illegal, even if it's not.

We have already discussed of this issue here:

And, as I said, also the opposite is true: there are cases of illegal pokemon marked as legal; we've discussed about this one here: