Action Replay DSi File Format = ARDS Media Edition

evandixon

I did not see this coming.

I got an Action Replay DSi in the store, and loved the improvments.

EVERYTHING about it was improved.

I play with the Save backup/Restore feature, and they made the touch screen usable, and also removed the comment feature.

For those of you who wish to convert save files from / to this, just know this: all the tools for the Action Replay Media Edition will work on this device. (Just make sure the save size is the proper size, for you people with flashcarts with 512KB saves for every game)

The point of this thread is to state that tools are not required for the ARDSi DUC file.

awsome!

has this been tested with pokemon saves?

I tested some, and it works on Platinum, and Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Sky (this is my only way of messing with this game's save), so I assume that it works on all my other games.

The only problem I am having is finding the right save size. However, if you don't mess with the saves with your computer (backup and restore with ONLY the ARDSi unit), you should experience no problems.

I really don't see why anyone would go out of their way to buy datel products. Okay, this one has a save feature, that much is nice. But what else have they ever done that hasn't been outdone and outclassed by a flashcart?

Some people really don't feel like buy a $15 Flashcart and a $15 Micro SDHC. But still, I prefer Flashcarts more since getting saves is easier. By the way, how many minutes did it take to rip the save file?

Some people really don't feel like buy a $15 Flashcart and a $15 Micro SDHC. But still, I prefer Flashcarts more since getting saves is easier. By the way, how many minutes did it take to rip the save file?

True, getting saves is easier, but original carts are better (gaurenteed to work, no potential legal issues, etc.)

• 2 months later...

It actually took less than a minute to rip the save which is nice

Hello all,

Sorry I'm really new to all of this. Here is my problem. I just brought action replay DSI. I want to use it to load some of the .sav files you can find on internet. I have tried several and every time when I put the game back on the flash card and try to load it in game it says something about "Wrong File size" and will not load. I have tried several different sources of .sav files (of different sizes including 512kb) and several different converters, I have taken it from .sav to .duc yet still I can not get it to load. I have tried renaming it to .duc still no luck. I guess my question is has anyone successfully loaded a save that wasn't originally .duc into thier AR dsi? and if so please give links and details of how it was done. Oh the game im mostly working with is pokemon diamond USA ver. THANX :)

1. Rip a game save (any save) from the cart

2. Look at its size

3. Use my save converter to attempt to convert it (if you can't get it to work, convert the save you have, whatever its format, to a RAW save of whatever size you need, then convert it to DSi)

4. If anything goes wrong, it is user error I am glad to help

[Edit]

Oh the game im mostly working with is pokemon diamond USA ver. THANX :)

I didn't see that. What size is the save that won't work. Upload it if you wish

1. Rip a game save (any save) from the cart

2. Look at its size

3. Use my save converter to attempt to convert it (if you can't get it to work, convert the save you have, whatever its format, to a RAW save of whatever size you need, then convert it to DSi)

4. If anything goes wrong, it is user error I am glad to help

[Edit]

I didn't see that. What size is the save that won't work. Upload it if you wish

Ok so here is the wierd thing if I use ARDStoSAV.exe to convert my ARDSI .duc file to a .sav file it reads perfectly. Although if I use the same application to convert it back to .duc it cant be read in my DSI. But if I use your application It doesnt read correctly in my pokesav but if I use yours to convert the edited .sav file back to .DUC it works perfectly...lol

PS I love your app I wish it worked for both upconversion and down.

Ok so here is the wierd thing if I use ARDStoSAV.exe to convert my ARDSI .duc file to a .sav file it reads perfectly. Although if I use the same application to convert it back to .duc it cant be read in my DSI. But if I use your application It doesnt read correctly in my pokesav but if I use yours to convert the edited .sav file back to .DUC it works perfectly...lol

PS I love your app I wish it worked for both upconversion and down.

I'll have to look into that: more extensive testing.