New project help... Dragon Ball related.

DanteKoriyu

Dragon Ball NEO is coming.

As most of you probably know, Dragon Ball has hit a revival in Japan, and the whole "Z" part of the franchise is being reanimated for the modern age. While the animation isn't ground breaking, as they are basically just digitally retracing everything, its still nice to have a version of the anime that isn't almost 300 episodes due to filler. It's nice, but I wanted more.

After watching one of my favorite artists, Matt Frank, over the past 2 years, and seeing him completely rewrite the Godzilla canon, as well as redraw the Kaiju themselves, to his personal taste, I'm inspired. Dragon Ball is the series that brought me into the world of anime and manga, and what made me love to draw. Its a series filled with the good, the bad, and the ugly. It has earth shattering fights, SOME comedy suited for all ages, guys with wild hair, and more Puff-Puff jokes than the world should allow. The one thing it doesn't have is a full canon with all its characters and events mapped out where the plot holes cease to exist, and I think it deserves that at least.

That is where Dragon Ball NEO comes in.

I've decided to redo all of Dragon Ball into a flowing canon. it will include:

- All the original manga characters.

- Most of the important anime exclusive characters.

- All the movie characters (Retellings of sagas won't be included ie. Path to Power, Mystical Adventure)

- The video game specific characters (Soba, Tiencha, Gokule/Gotan, SS3 Vegeta, SS3 Broly, etc. will be included somehow. Though not necessarily as actual people.)

- The spin off and parody characters. (Neko Majin Z, Cross Epoch, etc. Monkey D. Luffy... you'll just have to wait.)

- A HEAVILY rewritten GT will be included as well. GOKU WILL NOT BE A CHILD.

As of right now there are no plans to include any real extra story parts, so I won't be continuing the story any further than the series has already officially been taken. There will be no NEW characters that heavily affect anything within the canon, but I will be filling in gaps of what mentioned, but unshown characters look like. Examples include Goku and Vegeta's mothers, the first Super Saiyan of Legend, Frieza's mom, etc. So don't expect any new villains for Goku to fight, as they won't appear.

No. New. Sagas. lol

I will also be including concepts of often asked for ideas, like Super Saiyan Pan. She won't become a Super Saiyan in DBN, but IF she did, this is the design for her. There will be other characters included in this area as well. Bra will be getting a Super Saiyan form, there will be some alternate Super Buu absorptions, and some of the alternate forms for Freeza's family who didn't show them.

Anyway, this is just the announcement. I'm not sure exactly how I will be doing the series, if I will do full body shots for everyone, or just mugshots for the obvious reasons. Only including Goku and Vegeta as they grow up, their different clothes and transformations, we're already looking at over 50 sketches. lol I don't know, we'll see.

Okay, so that was my introduction for me to ask for help. As you can tell, I'm more than a bit of a Dragon Ball fanboy (in addition to my Pokemon fandom), but my downside is that I don't understand a more than a lick of the series original language. I got very few romanji down, and even less kanji, and hiragana...nada. So I need some help with those who have a decent understanding of the language.

To be honest, I need more than SOME help, but this will do for now. I either need to find a buddy to be my personal translator/dictionary, or do it myself (which won't happen). Anyway, my later plans are to make a site for all the images and a database detailing all the information needed for DBN, like stuff I clarify for my take on the series, things I've changed or retconned, etc. I want to do this in a similar format to a Wiki, though only in information, not in actual layout. So for starters to get my foot in the door, I need some help translating.

To start off, for those who don't know, the original Super Saiyan transformation has 3 actual levels:

1. Super Saiyan (grade 1)
  2. Super Saiyan grade 2
  3. Super Saiyan grade 3

The romanji for each level is:

1. Sūpā Saiya-jin (dai ichi-dankai) (Super Saiyan grade 1, aka Super Saiyan)
  2. Sūpā Saiya-jin dai ni-dankai (Super Saiyan grade 2)
  3. Sūpā Saiya-jin dai san-dankai (Super Saiyan grade 3)

Similarly, the kanji for each is:

1. 超サイヤ人 (I'm actually missing the kanji for the "dai ichi-dankai" part if you feel like helping =P)
  2. 超サイヤ人第2形態
  3. 超サイヤ人第3段階

So to finish it all up this is most wiki's format:

Super Saiyan grade 2 (超サイヤ人第2形態, Sūpā Saiya-jin dai ni-dankai; Super Saiyan 1 Stage 2)

Now to get to my point (I know, it was a long time coming, huh?), I want to create these stages as a part of my "Fannon" for Super Saiyan 2 and Super Saiyan 3. So I need help translating my intentions.

Form: Super Saiyan 2

English: Super Saiyan 2 stage 1 of the second transformation

Kanji:???

Romanji:???

Form: Super Saiyan 2 grade 2

English: Super Saiyan 2 stage 2 of the second transformation

Kanji: ???

Romanji: ???

Form: Super Saiyan 2 grade 3

English: Super Saiyan 2 stage 3 of the second transformation

Form: Super Saiyan 3

English: Super Saiyan 3 stage 1 of the third transformation

Kanji:???

Romanji:???

Form: Super Saiyan 3 grade 2

English: Super Saiyan 2 stage 2 of the third transformation

Form: Super Saiyan 3 grade 3

English: Super Saiyan 3 stage 3 of the third transformation

Any help would be appreciated. Feel free to clean up anything that needs to be fixed, I know Japanese seems to be a very literal language so the removal of certain words just to include the needed information is fine, as long as it fits with the right word style (like how some kanji are different but means the same thing, or vice versa.). I know Guested could probably do this sleeping... lol

Sorry for the wall of text, I just didn't want to confuse anyone, which I probably did anyway. And also still looking for someone with experience making a website, preferably in Dreamweaver, or anyone who doesn't mind being bombarded with a ton of questions about the Japanese language.

So...basically, you want a translator and a web designer to work for free so you can put a bunch of fandom crap on the Internet?

There's a good reason why so many fan-subs of Japanese animes stop being translated, because so few people have the computer and language skills in English and Japanese to carry out the task.

Good luck, but you are naively idealistic about basically hiring two people doing work for free.

I'm far from a naive idealistic, if anything, I'm a heavily pessimistic with no expectations from anyone.

I'm not hiring anybody to work for free, I'm slowly working to accomplish the task all on my own. I've had basic web design classes way back in my early high school years, I've just gotten WAY rusty since then, and barely know what I'm doing with the massive interface overhaul from the version I worked with to CS4.

As for the translator, this is a little more complicated. I'll never have the patience to learn a whole new language, as I stopped trying to learn Spanish 20 minutes into my first class way back in middle school, and its not even that hard of a language. Japanese is a whole different story, as there is much more to learn to get a full understanding. I'm not asking for constant help right now so I can work them to the bone with a ton of translations week after week. If someone would help with the 6 basic translations up top, I'd be done for quite a while, these forms are just one of the most important parts in the Dragon Ball universe. I just know that online translator sites and gadgets butcher almost everything.

In short, I'm not hiring anyone. I'm not asking you to work 9-5 for no wages, its a volunteer job. You aren't required to do anything, and I'm not expecting anything from anyone. Seriously who would in this day and age? People rarely ever even stop to help those with flat tires on the roadside anymore. But I'm not helpless, and even if it takes me years, I will accomplish it myself.

I mean after all, its the same basic principle as this site. Building a database of event Pokemon collected by the fans for those who don't have the means to accomplish their collection on their own. I was just hoping there might be someone out there willing to help a little, if not, it's not a big deal.