Modern Warfare 2

Neo

It'll be interesting for a few reasons:

1) New weapons that may or may not break an arguably perfect system:

A silent sniper rifle has been confirmed. Sniper Rifles were always loud but extremely powerful and reliable. A good sniper either uses guerrilla tactics or holes himself up somewhere that is out of the way. It's easy to counter because they show up as bright dots whenever the fire off a round so you can avoid them or fire back. Now that they can be silent, it'll be much harder to sniff them out, meaning a greater amount of camping. That and the double-edged sword that a heartbeat sensor is could help or hurt things further.

2) A new location?

A drastic change in scenery, I'm hearing much more about the South American backdrops these days; they're in Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker, Max Payne 3, and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2. Fighting in the slums might be close combat heavy, but then again, FourZeroTwo has put up some nice pictures showing open South American roadways that seem strikingly similar to those of the Middle Eastern stages in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare.

3) Vehicles

Although snowmobiles would be a high risk, high return vehicle, if too many vehicles are added, gameplay will be put on a damper like in Call of Duty: World at War, where Tank Maps are usually skipped because they are dominated by who can get to the tanks first and hold them the longest.

4) Special Ops mode

With Co-op coming into bloom and zombies starting to become tedious, it's nice to see some longer Mile High Clubs. I just hope that the shields don't carry over into multiplayer.

in a level capterin price is not dead he is a price

and soap is a capterin

<abk100> Dude, you should put things like that in a spoiler... because it spoils it for the rest of those who have either not gotten CoDMW2 or have been ranking in multiplayer so that they wouldn't look like a n00b when they finish campaign... (Yes... I have friends who are like that...)

And you're spelling is *cough* a little off *cough*...

</abk100>

Anyways...

After a thorough amount of playtime with Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, I feel like I was proven wrong for every qualm that I had with it.

The new weapons, including the silent sniper rifles (Yes, every one of them can be silenced), DID NOT break the combat system, it is actually, for the time being, more balanced than ever before! Rockets are actually justified by most players having at least one aerial killstreak equipped that are countered by the rockets. If you want to use rockets, you give up either a pistol, machine pistol, or shotgun as they take up the second slot. This also helps against rocket n00bs, those who spam rockets, by making them use up their supply so they'd be harrier food. :smile:

The new locations were unique and inventive; the use of a favela and its many rooftops creates an interesting backdrop, even if it is only for two missions. The snow areas make for an interesting backdrop because, personally, I found the lack of vision a double-edged sword; your opponents can't see you as easily but you can't see them ether.

There are no vehicles. Infinity Ward didn't take a risk, and it paid-off in spades. Although this may be a disappointment to some, the combat will remain unbroken.

Special Ops is the only thing I have a problem with. No, I haven't been that in depth with it, but I have played enough to know that it is a lot of the standard submissions just slightly reskinned. Oh, but what about the Juggernaut? Big deal, a big guy that punches you... How does he fit in a first-person shooter?...

Overall, CodMW2 has exceded my expectations; I give it a 10 out of 10. Even though Special Ops was a bummer, Infinity Ward has delivered more of its jaw dropping cinematic campaign experiences and solid multiplayer action.

i have the game on my PS3, yesterday i beated the campaign on veteran mode and started doing the covert ops, i just finished alpha it's great.

maybe a funny fact to know about, i noticed in the gulag mission that a certain part is a reference to a movie called the rock. world at war had a simulair thing from enemy at the gates (the level with the bloody fountain), you guys should keep your eyes open in that mission.

i have the game on my PS3, yesterday i beated the campaign on veteran mode and started doing the covert ops, i just finished alpha it's great. (1)

maybe a funny fact to know about, i noticed in the gulag mission that a certain part is a reference to a movie called the rock. world at war had a simulair thing from enemy at the gates (the level with the bloody fountain), you guys should keep your eyes open in that mission.(2)

1. Really? What's your PSN ID? I'd like to play with you on it... (You play any MP?)

2. Where? (In both...) I've never seen the movie, ever... Maybe it was only released in Europe?... I'm guessing that because the mission name you said is different than the American equivalent; here, it's called "Vendetta"... The one where you first meet Reznov and "hunt" General Amsel, correct?...