AK2 AR Codes Help

Greencat

I have the AR Codes .dat and .xml from cheats.gbatemp.com, but how can I add more codes to it? I am running a Mac and I haven't found an AR Code Editor for Mac. Otherwise, can someone make a .xml from them only including Pokémon Games (all languages) and add the rebattle codes to HGSS (or at least SS) please?

Please and thank yous! ;p

that, I'm not skilled enough to dig into the ROM itself and figure out of how to re-enable the cheating on the patched games.

also, I don't know for sure it can be tricked of using cheats on patched games.

if I heard about that, I would have known about it long ago and told you all. >3>

the only two flash carts that can bypass the anti-piracy without patching, is the CycloDS and the M3i Zero with latest firmware updates from what I know of. just letting you all know.

- Soldjermon

Edited by Soldjermon

The reason that cheats stop working in a patched game is cause the Game ID changes when someone applies the patch, don't remember the exact details right now but basically the Game ID acts like an integrity check so any codes that don't use the right ID stop working

Most PC based code editors have a 'get game ID from ROM' so does that not work? find that and replace the code and maybe they will work

• 2 weeks later...

I know you can play DPPt games if you disable DMA protection on an Acekard by holding X while you boot the game, but I don't know about HG/SS since I don't have them. Besides, manually entering in game IDs isn't required if you have any of the flashcarts already mentioned in this thread. The romdumps I have, I did myself, so they are clean as could be.

the only two flash carts that can bypass the anti-piracy without patching, is the CycloDS and the M3i Zero

Does that means that by choosing CycloDS, I will be able to play it perfectly fine?

Will I really be able to play it without any problem?

Yay!

• 1 month later...
Oh, thank you Soldjermon. I would assume after, it would be tricked into allowing cheating again as it did before? :D

I do realise its been over a month since you posted this but to re-enable cheats after patches you must find the new game id thats what i had to do after patching and stuff the game id changes for some wierd reason so just use an emulator or something that checks the game id code so you can add it to the code list if u still have problems that is lol been over a month so who knows if u got it working by now