Post your Desktop!

satoshiX

Did you guys hold the buttons at the same time? Push CTRL, hold it, push ALT, then with your other hand, push the Print Screen button. That should take a screencap for you, and if not...you're doing something wrong >.>

Also, just pressing the PRT SCRN button works just the same. I've never tried that way out before this, but it works.

Sorry for the...discussion, Wraith. Just trying to help these guys out! ;)

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you guys hold the buttons at the same time? Push CTRL, hold it, push ALT, then with your other hand, push the Print Screen button. That should take a screencap for you, and if not...you're doing something wrong >.>

Also, just pressing the PRT SCRN button works just the same. I've never tried that way out before this, but it works.

Sorry for the...discussion, Wraith. Just trying to help these guys out! ;)

It's all right... but I don't see the point to Ctrl + Alt. I've always learned it as "just push Print Screen".

Mine is a little different, I'm required to press "FN" then, "Print Screen"

I'm going to post my desktop soon, I'm just trying to find an awesome background, then I'm done.

That is how it worked for me. ''Fn'' and ''PrtSc'' are the onese for me too.

Desktop.jpg?t=1247382224

desktopvhs.png

Here's my current desktop, I happen to like this one the most.

Hmm, very nice. I've never tried rocketdock. What music player do you use?

And since I use a laptop, I've always found it somewhat of a 'scary' idea to run lots of skinning tools. I have 4 gb of ram, and 2.1 ghz 64 bit processor, which... is okay, I guess, but the ventilation on this laptop is totally screwed. Does all your skinning take a lot of processing power?

Hmm, very nice. I've never tried rocketdock. What music player do you use?

And since I use a laptop, I've always found it somewhat of a 'scary' idea to run lots of skinning tools. I have 4 gb of ram, and 2.1 ghz 64 bit processor, which... is okay, I guess, but the ventilation on this laptop is totally screwed. Does all your skinning take a lot of processing power?

Not at all, Its not really custom skinning in the sense that it overlaps with your default settings, it just replaces it entirely. ( and you can switch between other custom skins and the default ones whenever you want. )

Rocket dock + Rainmeter takes up about as much space as Xfire, which is less than MSN or AIM with no chat windows open. So running the programs all at the same time has little to no effect on your computer.

On that note, I'm also running that stuff on my Laptop which has lower specs than yours ( 2gb of ram series ) and everything happens to run just as fast as it does with the default settings and skins applied.

• 2 weeks later...