I'll be in Japan at the time of the Tanabata festival

Destati

I'll also be very close to a Pokemon store. Hopefully. In other words, I might be the one to upload projectpokemon's 2009 Tanabata Jirachi (gleee!).

Random question. If I accept it with my real cartridge and transfer it to my flashcart, will any data be lost?

inb4 "why not just get two, one with the real cart and one with the flashcart?"

Just in case its a one-per-person deal and they shoo me out as soon as I get it.

Uhm... if by transfer you mean trade Pokemon... then no. However, if you're going there, we need the wonder card which would require a backup of your SAV. If you backup your SAV no data will be lost. Don't bother going there if you're going to waste the wonder card though :S The PKM will be relatively easy to find, but the WC will not. Also, if I recall correctly, the tanabata distributed last year was only distributed to some lucky lottery winners, so you may want to check if it's available to everyone or only those who win the lottery.

oh, snap. That would be impossible then. But wondercards are given via wireless... How do you restrict wireless to certain people?

Ok, lets say that there's no lottery. I will try to grab it with my original game and my flashcart. Should I recieve the Jirachi on my flashcart, or get it from the pokemart guy? Or does it matter as long as the wondercard is one of the three cards on the flashcart?

oh, snap. That would be impossible then. But wondercards are given via wireless... How do you restrict wireless to certain people?

Ok, lets say that there's no lottery. I will try to grab it with my original game and my flashcart. Should I recieve the Jirachi on my flashcart, or get it from the pokemart guy? Or does it matter as long as the wondercard is one of the three cards on the flashcart?

Do not get it from the Pokemart guy. Download the wonder card, but dont get the Pokemon. First dump your SAV, post it and then do whatever you want :P

But wondercards are given via wireless... How do you restrict wireless to certain people?

In Japan they tend to distribute using a slot-2 device similar to this one:

s1-NEC_1244s.jpg

How do you think they release pre-order movie events without making them available to everyone? :P

• Like 1

Uhm... if by transfer you mean trade Pokemon... then no. However, if you're going there, we need the wonder card which would require a backup of your SAV. If you backup your SAV no data will be lost. Don't bother going there if you're going to waste the wonder card though :S The PKM will be relatively easy to find, but the WC will not. Also, if I recall correctly, the tanabata distributed last year was only distributed to some lucky lottery winners, so you may want to check if it's available to everyone or only those who win the lottery.

Only 10.000 (I think) people can get the Jirachi every year. They have to write a letter to "Jirachi" (Nintendo) and hope that they win.

a letter? You mean one of the ingame letters, or an actual letter you send via mailboxes?

Also, how did we get all the past Jirachi then?

Or did we? Actually, come to think of it I only see 2008 and 2007 up there.

The others were GBA events :B

ah, so you obviously can't download the wondercard then... seeing as they didnt exist.

But still, I don't see any up there for any Japanese pokemon.

wait, I just realized something. This is the first Tanabata event where most people will be using the DSi. Nintendo wouldn't make this a DS Lite exclusive.

Edited by Greencat