Archived Sticky: Distant Land collection project

Guested

Thanks to everyone for your contributions.

Especially DanteKoriyu, that's a pretty impressive collection and a pretty impressive victory streak at Mt. Battle.

I hope to get the collection compiled very soon, but unfortunately I have to work on a Saturday for a special seminar ... in which I have to lead a section..... ugh.

These contributions will definitely make my work easier, though.

• 2 weeks later...

Semi-update.

Expect a real update real soon.

I'm almost done here.

I've chosen the Pokemon that will be used in the final collection and I'm just now in the process of organizing them and the extremely tedious process of checking and double checking everything. This should be finished within the week.

That's probably about the time I'll finish xD's main story. I recently got some money for the 4th of July, so I broke down and bought it yesterday because of my OCD of having uniform OTs. Though 300 fights at Mt. Battle isn't exactly something I'm looking forward to.

It'll be nice to see the project up though. besides WC contributions, it feels like there hasn't been an update to the event Pokemon in forever.

That's probably about the time I'll finish xD's main story. I recently got some money for the 4th of July, so I broke down and bought it yesterday because of my OCD of having uniform OTs. Though 300 fights at Mt. Battle isn't exactly something I'm looking forward to.

It'll be nice to see the project up though. besides WC contributions, it feels like there hasn't been an update to the event Pokemon in forever.

Haha, good luck.

I know how you feel, though.

Thanks to you, the Colosseum Pokemon are all the same OT, except for the special ones.

And the xD Pokemon are 98% the same player (Gallade), but two different OTs, and then the three Mt Battle Pokemon were graciously contributed by SolaDept, who plays through Mt Battle occasionally anyway in order to get the Earth Ribbons.

Haha, good luck.

I know how you feel, though.

Thanks to you, the Colosseum Pokemon are all the same OT, except for the special ones.

And the xD Pokemon are 98% the same player (Gallade), but two different OTs, and then the three Mt Battle Pokemon were graciously contributed by SolaDept, who plays through Mt Battle occasionally anyway in order to get the Earth Ribbons.

Now that you start talking about that, I almost forgot that I still needed to give you totodile. Here it is.

Nice to hear the project is finally "done". Also, dantekoriyu, great that you also have put so much time in it, I know how irritating it is to keep them untouched, purify them, trade them over etc. Nice job!

G.

XD Battle Mountain Totodile.pkm

XD Battle Mountain Totodile.pkm

Its a huge pain. lol

I'm currently destroying Citadark Isle, and so far I've gone through the game with nothing but Pokeballs. I've caught every Pokemon up to Lugia (WHO WON"T STAY IN HIS BALL! -.-) except the Solrock I accidentally killed with a critical hit. These legendaries with catch rates of 3 are a pain in the Gamecube games. I'd have had him by now on a GBA or DS. I'm not looking forward to Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres now either.

Um, Dante, I don't mean to be a pain, but I have the Ho-oh from that game. I'll use my DS to clone it for myself then trade you the original, if you need it to Submit to the site owner for an Update. It's legit as far as I can tell, but I'd need to run it through a Legality checker, which at current I can't do.

I'm playing Gale of Darkness right now, so I'm after Lugia, not Ho-Oh. lol In the event that you did mean Lugia, its no big deal. If i really wanted him THAT bad, I would just change from using a standard Pokeball to something more effective, like a Ultraball, Timerball, or my Masterball. (Its my own fault that I'm not catching him, I know that. =P)

Thanks for the offer, but this is just part of the fun of the capture. A legendary is something that should be difficult to obtain. (Frustrating as he is, the last ball I threw before posting rocked 3 times, then he got out -.-)

---------------

EDIT: Shadow Lugia is officially mine. He is nice and snug in his Pokeball after being skillfully captured by the Shadow Electabuzz, Shadow Salamence, and a weak littel Lv. 24 Skiploom to put him to sleep. lol The best part is that since Greevil is using all Shadow Pokemon, and my goal is to capture them and not knock them out, using the Shadow Pokemon is fine. They resist other shadow attacks, are gaining no exp since they aren't defeating anything, and most of their attacks are better. I love Shadow Half.

Onto the Kanto Trio and the other creatures... lol

Edited by DanteKoriyu

I'm playing Gale of Darkness right now, so I'm after Lugia, not Ho-Oh. lol In the event that you did mean Lugia, its no big deal. If i really wanted him THAT bad, I would just change from using a standard Pokeball to something more effective, like a Ultraball, Timerball, or my Masterball. (Its my own fault that I'm not catching him, I know that. =P)

Thanks for the offer, but this is just part of the fun of the capture. A legendary is something that should be difficult to obtain. (Frustrating as he is, the last ball I threw before posting rocked 3 times, then he got out -.-)

---------------

EDIT: Shadow Lugia is officially mine. He is nice and snug in his Pokeball after being skillfully captured by the Shadow Electabuzz, Shadow Salamence, and a weak littel Lv. 24 Skiploom to put him to sleep. lol The best part is that since Greevil is using all Shadow Pokemon, and my goal is to capture them and not knock them out, using the Shadow Pokemon is fine. They resist other shadow attacks, are gaining no exp since they aren't defeating anything, and most of their attacks are better. I love Shadow Half.

Onto the Kanto Trio and the other creatures... lol

^.^ I'd love to trade that off you. I've got a bit of a Collection going when it comes to Lugias.

Well, I'm almost done with the game. All 83 Pokemon Purified, traded for Duking's 3 Pokemon, have caught all but a female Surskit from the Pokespots (I will find you!). All that is left is for me to clone a copy of the Togepi to trade back to Hordel, find that female Surskit, and then challenge the 300 trainers at Mt. Battle for all 3 Johto starters.

Earthix, you don't have access to a flashcart or an Action Replay? I mean there is already one of the Lugia's in the database. Eventually I'll post them, or at least send them to those who want to study the Gamecube algorithms. If Guested wants them for the project as well so they can all have the same OT, then I don't mind.

If you really want him, you can have a clone, but you'll have to wait a while. He's not my first priority in trading over and Pal Parking. lol

-----------

EDIT: I do have one thing to note though. I may have terrible luck when trying to catch a Munchlax on Platinum, but I swear that little ass has eaten my Pokefood about 30 times now in 4 days. -.-

Well, I'm almost done with the game. All 83 Pokemon Purified, traded for Duking's 3 Pokemon, have caught all but a female Surskit from the Pokespots (I will find you!). All that is left is for me to clone a copy of the Togepi to trade back to Hordel, find that female Surskit, and then challenge the 300 trainers at Mt. Battle for all 3 Johto starters.

Earthix, you don't have access to a flashcart or an Action Replay? I mean there is already one of the Lugia's in the database. Eventually I'll post them, or at least send them to those who want to study the Gamecube algorithms. If Guested wants them for the project as well so they can all have the same OT, then I don't mind.

If you really want him, you can have a clone, but you'll have to wait a while. He's not my first priority in trading over and Pal Parking. lol

-----------

EDIT: I do have one thing to note though. I may have terrible luck when trying to catch a Munchlax on Platinum, but I swear that little ass has eaten my Pokefood about 30 times now in 4 days. -.-

'

A munchlax eh? I think we can work out a deal for a clone then ^.^ Pm me when you finally get him transfered to your DS version and we'll bang out a trade so you can get your munchlax.

'

A munchlax eh? I think we can work out a deal for a clone then ^.^ Pm me when you finally get him transfered to your DS version and we'll bang out a trade so you can get your munchlax.

No, you can trade me whatever you like for him, I don't need anything specific as I have ALMOST all the Pokemon I want. I could breed a Muchlax if I wanted, but I rather capture my own off my own tree...however hard that may be. (Rhyme was intentional =P)

Update:

83 Purified Shadow Pokemon

17 Pokespot Pokemon (Still missing female Surskit)

3 Duking trades completed

1 Hordel trade completed

1 Johto starter (Cyndaquil, and Totodile on the way, on battle 132 lol)

Its cool, you can do whatever you want. The only Pokemon I really have left is that stupid female Surskit, stupid Hoppip and Phanpy. -.- The Totodile is a sure thing in about 2 hours of Mt. Battle (which is much easier than the Colosseum Mt. Battle.).

Since Gallade went through the trouble of two playthroughs to get the full set, I'm going to include his Pokemon when I get this thing finished.

However, maybe we can do yours, (DanteKoriyu) as a second set after you've finished?

Its cool, you can do whatever you want. The only Pokemon I really have left is that stupid female Surskit, stupid Hoppip and Phanpy. -.- The Totodile is a sure thing in about 2 hours of Mt. Battle (which is much easier than the Colosseum Mt. Battle.).

I'm happy to hear that my pokemon will also be used, because I played through again just for that. But I also want to ask you if you can upload the second set in this thread for those who want the same ot's and for those who are unable to change natures etc. without making them fakes (like me:biggrin:)

@DanteKoriyu: For the pokespot pkmn: save your game just before the icon of a wild pokemon appears (not so simple to find that moment but if you can it works great). After saving, take the neccesary few steps, the icon shows up, go to the pokespot and see what pkmn it is. If it is the wrong one you have to reset, if it is the right one you can catch it. It worked great for me

G.

Didn't I post my surskit some time before O.o

Link : http://projectpokemon.org/forums/showpost.php?p=33444&postcount=72

We're going for all of one set to have the same OT, but thanks. Guess you missed that part.

To Gallade:

I think that's exactly what I'm going to do. Hopefully I'll get the first set arranged within the next couple days. I ended up having a really long weekend. Everything seems to check out, I just need to organize it all.

@DanteKoriyu: For the pokespot pkmn: save your game just before the icon of a wild pokemon appears (not so simple to find that moment but if you can it works great). After saving, take the neccesary few steps, the icon shows up, go to the pokespot and see what pkmn it is. If it is the wrong one you have to reset, if it is the right one you can catch it. It worked great for me

But I don't have that kind of mad awesome prediction skillz. lol Every time its completely random. I've had it go off in a half an hour, or 15 minutes, and then twice in a row basically right after I left the Pokespot. -.- I have been saving after the icon appears though, assuming that at least if I find a Surskit, I could soft reset for a female like the Honey Trees in DPPt. I maybe wrong in thinking that though.

But I don't have that kind of mad awesome prediction skillz. lol Every time its completely random. I've had it go off in a half an hour, or 15 minutes, and then twice in a row basically right after I left the Pokespot. -.- I have been saving after the icon appears though, assuming that at least if I find a Surskit, I could soft reset for a female like the Honey Trees in DPPt. I maybe wrong in thinking that though.

When you think it won't take too long before it will appear. You have to save and then walk around the city or so. See how many rounds you can make before it appears. Reset, make the same rounds again and stop about a half round earlier. Then just save every +- 20 steps or so until you find the right moment. ! be sure to save before the signal appears !.

I swear, this isn't even funny. I go through all the trouble to save every four laps around the kooky Professor's fountain, where you normally fight Chobin, so that I can soft reset for the female Surskit. So I eventually get the beep for the pokespot on the third lap of my round, one before I would have saved. So I go to check out the Pokespot, and its a freaking female Surskit. -.- I wasted all that time trying to prep to get one, and it just pops up to mock me. lol

Anyway, now all I need is Totodile from Mt. Battle, which will be done in like 2 hours, give or take my enthusiasm.

BTW, any of you have a regular 128 GBA sav for any of the games but Emerald? I don't want to have to go out and catch 70 plus Pokemon in my GBA game just to trade to xD as fodder. My Emerald has over 100 Pokemon on it, but they are all needed and in the process of being Pal Parked. Lemme know please...