Archived Sticky: Distant Land collection project

Guested

Yeah, I think you're right.

.... haven't been getting a lot of feedback, though....

but hopefully that means no one is seeing any errors.

I talked to Fenzo, if you (Dante) and Gallade want Contributor badges, just send him a PM. ;)

• 2 months later...

Sorry if I'm beating a dead horse here, but I just found my xD Togpei's PKM file. It was male with a Timid nature and had Serene Grace as its ability-plus it is UT. Should I upload it? here's its Legality check:

Pokemon Legality Checker - by: Sabresite - vB54-10

File: C: \Documents and Settings\Rick\My Documents\Russ\Video games\Pokem

on\DPP\Pokemon Apps\Pokesav\PKM Files\Togepi xD.pkm

Checksum: 0x8002 - Valid

Pokemon ID: 240561285 - Timid, Male, Ability 2, Not Shiny

IVs: 29,17,28,27,31,31

Trainer ID: 55306

Secret ID: 34647

Trainer Gender: Male

Hidden Power: Dragon - 65

Fateful Encounter: Yes

Gender Check: Valid

Effort Values: Valid

Nicknamed: No

Home Town: Colloseum/XD

Country Originated: UK/US/AU

PalPark Country: UK/US/AU

Trash Bytes: Valid

Type: Common GBA Event (Unrestricted)

--------------------

Press the ENTER key to exit...

Oh well, looks like my Togepi will continue to gather cyberdust. Anyway, thanks for the quick response DanteKoriyu.

I went through both games just to get the complete collection, and that's all my Pokes are doing right now. About 3,000 total from all the games and events doing nothing but gathering cyberdust or just chilling on my ranch... which is upset that it hasn't gotten a Platinum update yet so that most of the rest of my Pokemon can be put there.. -.-

Though now that I think about it, while it may not help with this project, it might still be of value to the guys studying the algorithms for the GC games. Guested probably wont put it in the package, but it wouldn't hurt to post it for those who want to dissect it. =P

• 5 weeks later...

just wondering, in a few days i will be finished japanese colosseum, with all the shadow pokemon (+plusle) untouched. would the collection want the japanese .pkms? i can also get a ageto celebi, and the ho-oh, but they are already on the site. (i tried to see if you have the jap colosseum pokemon, i couldn't see them)

just wondering, in a few days i will be finished japanese colosseum, with all the shadow pokemon (+plusle) untouched. would the collection want the japanese .pkms? i can also get a ageto celebi, and the ho-oh, but they are already on the site. (i tried to see if you have the jap colosseum pokemon, i couldn't see them)

I would love to get these pokemon for my collection.

yeah i can! need to wait for my japanese emerald to come first, i beat it so hard, everything caught first time etc, only used umbreon and espeon for the WHOLE game, so everything is 100%% untouched, except them, but, i wish wish wish i could get those colosseum double battle e-cards and get the 3 extra shadow pokemon :(

if they show up as unknown, maybe there is no way of differentiating them from normal gba pokemon of the same species? ie maybe there is nothing special about colosseum pokemon?

• 3 weeks later...

(sry for my bad english i hope you undestand what i mean)

Hey ,

i´m Playing a German Pokémon Colosseum game and i´ve obtained the DUELLBE Ho-oh and GRAND Plusle

i don´t know how to make a Pkm.file or download this pokemon from my GBA to my PC for the Colosseum Collection

I hope you can help me!

Hey,

Ich spiele zur zeit Pokemon Colosseum und habe das DUELLBE Ho-oh und GRAND plusle bekommen, nun weis ich nicht wie ich diese beiden pokemon für die Pokemon Colosseum Collection downloaden kann oder wie ich diese pokemon zu einer pkm.file machen kann für diesen thread hier.

Ich hoffe ihr könnt mir helfen!

• 2 weeks later...

hey... you're english wasnt too bad! Sadly I dont know how to take game pokemon and make them into pkm files but i doknow how to make pkm files using a program called pokesav google it but for your information, it is only for 4th generation pokemon games.

don't help with bad advice :) in a nice way :)

ok, so you have the pokemon on your gamecube?

then you need a GC-GBA link cable, and you can transfer them to your gba pokemon game.

if this is already done, then you put the gba game in your ds, and in your ds pokemon game, with a flash cart or a retail (real game from a store) cart, go to palpark and catch all the pokemon from your gba game.

so you might have done all that already, after you have te pokemon you want on your ds game, you need to access your save file. if you have a flash cart, then this is easy, if you don't have any tools to get your save off your ds cart, then you are stuck :)

well, you said it was just the ho-oh and the plusle, so if you have them on your ds, then you could trade them to someone (me, next week if you want?) and then someone who can access their save can open their save file up with pokesav, the pokemon sav editing program, and save your two pokemon as .pkm, and then upload them to the site.

today, i traded all of my japanese pokemon colosseum pokemon to my japanese emerald, so all i have to do now is pal park them :) would it be better to make it as normal as possible, eg, do it over 7 or 8 days, or would it be ok if i copied my save before and after pal parking, so that i can do the whole thing in about an hour? :)

• 2 weeks later...
don't help with bad advice :) in a nice way :)

ok, so you have the pokemon on your gamecube?

then you need a GC-GBA link cable, and you can transfer them to your gba pokemon game.

if this is already done, then you put the gba game in your ds, and in your ds pokemon game, with a flash cart or a retail (real game from a store) cart, go to palpark and catch all the pokemon from your gba game.

so you might have done all that already, after you have te pokemon you want on your ds game, you need to access your save file. if you have a flash cart, then this is easy, if you don't have any tools to get your save off your ds cart, then you are stuck :)

well, you said it was just the ho-oh and the plusle, so if you have them on your ds, then you could trade them to someone (me, next week if you want?) and then someone who can access their save can open their save file up with pokesav, the pokemon sav editing program, and save your two pokemon as .pkm, and then upload them to the site.

today, i traded all of my japanese pokemon colosseum pokemon to my japanese emerald, so all i have to do now is pal park them :) would it be better to make it as normal as possible, eg, do it over 7 or 8 days, or would it be ok if i copied my save before and after pal parking, so that i can do the whole thing in about an hour? :)

id get it all in an hour :)

• 2 weeks later...
or would it be ok if i copied my save before and after pal parking, so that i can do the whole thing in about an hour? :)

This option, of course. Only altered parameter will be "Date Met", but final user usually changes it to suit their needs after downloading the pokemon from here, so don't bother with it.

Please be sure to include your AGETO and BATORUYAMA pokemon. Legit reference pokemon are always welcome.

Also, please note that all of the xD Pokemon have the fateful encounter flag ticked, so they make a nice, sparkly addition to anyone's Pokemon Ranch. ;)

Nice... But that makes them hacked.