Archived Sticky: Distant Land collection project

Guested

• 2 weeks later...

Well I'm almost done beating xD. And you won't believe this, NONE of the Pokémon are touched. How? Simple. In the beginning of the game you know how your supposed to beat all those trainers and purify one of your shadow Pokémon? You can't go through if you don't have a shadow Pokémon, so I hatched an idea. I battle the first trainer, and made the shadow Teddiursa faint before beating any Pokémon, so it wouldn't gain experience when purified. How did I purify it? Massaged it with Oils. And whats even better is that my trainers name is MICHAEL. What makes this so good? Michael is the name of the real person, I personally like the fact that it matches the name. I also resetted the game for good genders. Now every Pokémon has a good gender! Like the Houndour you get, boy. Took me 5 tries. I'll try to beat the game and give you all my UT shadow Pokémon.

Well I'm almost done beating xD. And you won't believe this, NONE of the Pokémon are touched. How? Simple. In the beginning of the game you know how your supposed to beat all those trainers and purify one of your shadow Pokémon? You can't go through if you don't have a shadow Pokémon, so I hatched an idea. I battle the first trainer, and made the shadow Teddiursa faint before beating any Pokémon, so it wouldn't gain experience when purified. How did I purify it? Massaged it with Oils. And whats even better is that my trainers name is MICHAEL. What makes this so good? Michael is the name of the real person, I personally like the fact that it matches the name. I also resetted the game for good genders. Now every Pokémon has a good gender! Like the Houndour you get, boy. Took me 5 tries. I'll try to beat the game and give you all my UT shadow Pokémon.

wooow.. that must have taken you a lot of hours:D .. Good work!

G.

Floot, that'd be pretty sweet. Having an extra set with different ID and OT would be very helpful. It'd provide variety in the collection as well as helping give more material to those studying the GC algorithm. Especially with all the new correlations that have come to light recently.

• 3 weeks later...
I have finally obtained a cable so I have traded my pkmn from my second play through to my gba game.. I am currently pal parking, and they all will be up soon!!!!!:grog:

Gallade.

Awesome.

I was actually hoping to get the final work done on this project really soon since I'm slightly less busy than I have been recently, so this will definitely help.

Let me know if I can help with palparking again.

P.S. Umbreon, your avatar is pretty sweet.

Awesome.

I was actually hoping to get the final work done on this project really soon since I'm slightly less busy than I have been recently, so this will definitely help.

Let me know if I can help with palparking again.

P.S. Umbreon, your avatar is pretty sweet.

Too late:biggrin:

OHHH,

I see what you mean.

Man, I didn't even see that post from Gallade. He must have posted it at the same time. I didn't even know he had uploaded them already. I better get to work.

In answer to your question, Duking Plusle was a Colosseum Pokemon.

Now that the collection has been basically fully assembled, I will be organizing it into the batch and it will be released soon. Those of you who have uploaded files/submitted them (or a mod could do this) please remove the download links in your posts so that we can keep everything organized.

Those of you who still want to contribute, feel free to submit what you have because the more data we have, the better it will be for those who are studying the GC game algorithms.

• 3 weeks later...

Dont know how old this is or still if it's still active. I have all the xD but 11 pokemon. I have those 11 but they are not UT

I haven't went through my save but I have the Coliseum pokes as well. Probably missing a few because of them not being UT. Here is the Togepi if it's still needed.

Togepi XD.pkm

Togepi XD.pkm

Dont know how old this is or still if it's still active. I have all the xD but 11 pokemon. I have those 11 but they are not UT

I haven't went through my save but I have the Coliseum pokes as well. Probably missing a few because of them not being UT. Here is the Togepi if it's still needed.

This project is nearly completed. I think that, unless you can upload a lot pkmn at once (because that can be usefull for research), that your pkmn are not needed very much.

G.

I am almost done with Colosseum for the second time. I'm "Duking" it out with the what, 4 trainers before Evice? Though my team isn't all that great and I keep getting my arse kicked during the Evice fight, since I don't want to capture his Tyranitar until it is the VERY last Pokemon. Whats the point of capturing it if I'm only going to lose the fight and have to fight 6 Pokemon the next time instead of 5?

Though I can't promise how many of the Pokemon will be untouched without a little bit of Pokesav editing, because purifying Shadow Pokemon in Colosseum is more of a pain in the arse.

Edited by DanteKoriyu

Gallade is correct.

The project is essentially done, all I have left is some organizing and double-checking. The problem is that I've been extremely busy lately (last week especially) and have some extra (real) work to do this upcoming weekend. My spare time lately has been used helping out with translations for content for the main site.

However.

Please feel free to submit any Pokemon you wish to submit, UT or not. The more we have, the more it will provide material for those who are studying the GC game algorithms. I'm sure anything you have would help. Thanks!

Okay, I just defeated Evice. So after I track down the one Shadow Poke I missed (Ran outta Pokeballs and hadn't saved for a while) and the other 3-4 post game shadow Pokemon, I'm done.

So I guess now begins the pain in the arse task of purifying every Pokemon that I haven't already gotten to. I'm thinking of just leaving the game on for the next week and letting "WES" walk in the corner for hours upon hours to purify them, cause I know I don't have the money to keep buying colognes.

Afterward, on to Ho-Oh!

---------------------------------------

EDIT:

8 Left: Skarmory, Houndoom, Metagross, Tyranitar, Smeargle, Ursauring, Shuckle, Togetic. Half of them are already around halfway purified. Then Ho-Oh awaits.

Edited by DanteKoriyu

Since there are so many people saying they are close to the end and will submit a bunch, I've made a decision here...

The collection of Colosseum pokemon I have now is mostly one OT, and about five or six pokemon of other OTs. If you can submit an entire collection (Ho-oh is not needed) in the same OT (touched is okay, if it's only a few Pokemon) then I will probably include THAT set as the Colosseum set.

Let me know if it's something you can do.

I'm finished, just on the way to obtain my Ho-Oh. Even if you don't need it, I want my own. =P

These are my touched Pokemon that were in and out of my team:

Umbreon - Leveled, new attacks =P

Espeon - Leveled, new attacks =P

Typloshion - Evolved, leveled, new attacks

Hariyama - Evolved, leveled

Ampharos - Evolved, leveled, new attacks

Misdreavus - Leveled, new attacks

Hitmontop - Leveled, new attacks

Now most of those, as well as a few others that I had that gained a little bit of experience from having to be sent out in a double battle early on, I can easily fix with Pokesav, no problem. The only one that I'm not to sure about would be Hariyama. Since he and Makuhita have two abilities, if I take him back down to a Makuhita, will I have to change the class and possibly the ability, or will it stay the same?

------------------------------

UPDATE: 24 Pokemon migrated to Platinum, Mt. battle trainer 62. Mewtwo, Lugia, Ho-Oh, Kyogre, Groudon, and Rayquaza are just tearing through them. I've only had one Pokemon be defeated in 60ish battles so far, and that's cause my Groudon got caught by a Wobbuffet's Counter.

I plan on stopping at trainer 70 to trade so I can migrate some more Pokes to Platinum. I won't be trading over all of them till I get the Ho-Oh, as I find it redundant to go through all the linking, connecting, and switching just to transfer the one Pokemon.

Edited by DanteKoriyu

Don't change the class, but change the ability to match the class it already has. Ie, if it has class 1, change the ability to the Makuhita class 1 ability.

I can do the Pokesav stuff if you don't want to. It's your call.

Naw, I got it under control. That way I have the the versions that will be going into the collection instead of waiting like everyone else. =P I'll PM them to you when I'm done.

Well, Ho-Oh is officially mine. 100 battles and not a single loss, though there were a few close calls with losing my Groudon to some instant Solar Beams. I will now transfer the last 4 Pokemon from Colosseum to my GBA and will begin Pal Parking the rest and editing what needs it. Shouldn't take more than 2 hours if I get distracted. =P

--------------

EDIT: Done. All 52 Pokemon available from Colosseum (Minus the Bonus disk Jirachi, which I don't have access to.) have been compressed and PMed.

Edited by DanteKoriyu