Can anyone help with a corrupt .bin

atriad

I didn't try to cheat or make any changes that would affect the game. I just deleted some extra 'mon and i can't load my game? I have tried all the .bins on my computers and they all come up corrupt. Am I screwed? This is for LG:P. Thanks.

I have 5 that I have collected between my computers that should've been 'clean' I ran them all through an md5hash to find all their hashes. These are all individual/different files. I have a series of others that were just copied all over my systems. i will upload them in a zip to my server. Obviously I only need one that works. When I initially imported the savedata.bin there were some with red exclamation marks and came that way directly from Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu (such as my shiny charizard and a Nidoran and stuff) it's hosted at http://fossilizedstudios.com:7285/PokemonSavedata/pmonsavedatas.zip

I have completed the game, made all the trades to get the trade only evolutions, got my shiny charm and paid the $40 for the pokeball, I don't want to lose all that stuff :(

Thanks

Edited by atriad
Added info

@atriad your save works. It loads up in my game just fine. (This is from your 1 folder). Did you load it correctly?
Was there any other kind of special step that causes it to hang?
2019031100492300-94CAAF6C83EE682D358EB6183EEF7D28.jpg

9 minutes ago, atriad said:

When I initially imported the savedata.bin there were some with red exclamation marks and came that way directly from Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu

This doesn't seem to be related to your original claim "I just deleted some extra 'mon and i can't load my game?".
I can't aim to fix what isn't broken.

As for the red exclamation marks:
1. The height/weight issues seem to be minor differences. Just checking in with @Kaphotics to whether it's working as intended.
2. As for Pokémon with invalid capture details (like the non-shiny Charizard), it shouldn't affect your gameplay regardless. It's either that encounter wasn't detailed on our end, or something is wrong with it (impossible level etc).

I did try that one, I'll do so again.

Steps I used are:

1. Turn Off Switch, take out SDCard, insert into SDMicro-to SD Card Adapter

2. Insert into my Macbook (Running Windows 10) as it's the only device I have here with an SD Card Slot

3. Copy to SDCard:\switch\DIR FOR LG:P\BigPaul Saves\savdedata.bin

4. Eject SD Card

5. Load up Switch with Jig, inject payload, start Atmosphere

6. Albums, load Checkpoint

7. Restore savedata.bin for BigPaul

8. Restart Switch normally (no jig, atmosphere)

9. Load LG:P get corrupt data file error.

Hope this helps. If there's any better way of doing so please let me know.

Thanks for all your help.

Paul

Here's what I did.

0. Back up my save on Switch with Checkpoint.
1. Load the .bin in PKHeX, then saved using PKHeX. (I just did it to fix the checksum, if it was corrupt)
2. Insert the Switch's SD card into my Windows-PC
3. Make a copy of the folder I made earlier
4. Paste the savedata.bin into the copy of the folder
5. Inserted SD back into my Switch, and launch Switch using TegraRcmSmash.exe
6. Used Checkpoint to restore said save from said copy of the folder into the game.

Thanks, I'll try using that TegraSMASH application.

Then put my KNOWN GOOD .bin on my NAS!!!!

Quick question, I use the RCMGUI for RCM Injection. Is that the same or a variation/fork?

Edited by atriad
added info

12 minutes ago, atriad said:

Thanks, I'll try using that TegraSMASH application.

Then put my KNOWN GOOD .bin on my NAS!!!!

Quick question, I use the RCMGUI for RCM Injection. Is that the same or a variation/fork?

Given that PKHeX could read all the saves in your folders 1 to 5, I would assume that none of the saves were actually corrupted.

Also, make sure that in the folder you're importing (as in, the folder inside the Checkpoint folder on your SD card), the savedata.bin is named correctly, and no other file is in that folder.

Also, if the RcmGui works, then stick with it.
At this point, I think its your injection process that is the problem, not the Switch booting process.

(I got RcmGui too, but I never used it. I just drag fusee-primary.bin onto the RcmSmash.exe and let it do it's work)
[Also take some time to check out our tutorial]

2 minutes ago, atriad said:

Ok, I'm using hekate for injection inside RCMGUI.

Should I be using something different?

rmcguiscreen.JPG

as I said, the booting process shouldn't be the problem. If you can boot your Switch and use Homebrew, I doubt that's the problem.

You're probably importing the wrong folder or have more than one thing in the folder, hence why the game comes up corrupted.

3 minutes ago, atriad said:

I know there's a .bin.bak in there, but I did assume that would've been overlooked. I'll clean out that dir and give it a shot...thanks for all your time!

No worries. I'm not entirely sure if that'll be a problem (haven't tried leaving that in on a Switch),
but I know for a fact that it's a problem on the 3DS and many people have missed it.

If the principle is the same on the Switch, the app simply imports everything into the game.
So any file that isn't part of the save structure that gets imported will lead to the "corruption screen".

In any case, I hope removing the .bak is enough to resolve your issue :)