Shiny PID/IV

Not completely true Bert. Shininess can come with any PID/IV as long as it matches your Trainer ID and SID. SCV's generator will ask you for your ID and SID for this very reason. PID/IV only matters if you are making a chain shiny.

Oh, didn't know that :). So I can generally turn any PID/IV to shiny with just checking the Shiny button and it won't turn illegal? I refer to non-hatched pokémon btw seeing as hatched ones can have any PID/IV.

actually... hatched eggs have a PID set when the data is first assembled. if you set the PID in pokesav, the egg will hatch as what the PID is set as. There arent all that many Shiny PID combinations either, and if you want a legal shiny, i also suggest the PID Generator suggested above

i figured as much but im trying to make a legendary shiny and they cant be hatched and when i type it in the generator cant seem to find any results maybe cause i using 31 IVs ? im not sure if there is a shiny PID for a pokemon with all 31 IVs or maybe im not putting the correct nature or trainer ID and Secret ID, ill guess ill try to figure out but in the meantime what is the max integer for trainer ID and secret ID

Frankly, I find it difficult to create a shiny PID/IV. There is always that program SCV has of course, which can generate the legal PID you desire, but do not expect anything if you are running 31 IVs everywhere. However, if you are using breedable Pokemon, there is an alternate solution: make that Pokemon hatched. If you do that, then PID value does not matter in any shape or form. You can make them have 31 IVs everywhere, perfect stats, and shiny and their PID will not matter as long as they have hatched from an egg. If your Pokemon is non-breedable (read: legendaries and Ditto), then you will actually have to find the proper PID.

ok i also realized i can make any non breed such as ditto or legendaries shiny with 31 IVs across the board through chain shiny, i think thats because of the pal park feature, so the only ones i cant figure out how to make shinies with 31 IVs are the fourth generation legendaries/non breedable

i feel....so stupid... x.x *emo mode*

btw is this a legal ditto?

ditto.pkm

ditto.pkm

There is a program out there that can do that right now... For the forth Generation, it is possible to have 31 flawless IVs and Shiny now.

Well, this site will eventually hear about it anyways. It's kind of sad really, they are trying to do hack checks better, and just made it harder for themselves. But what do I care, it's just a game after all.

• 3 weeks later...