Totally new pokemon game

Nitu

I have been thinking about this for a long time, but i would like to see, instead of always a new region, or a remake of an older region, a pokemongame, which holds ALL of the regions, namely Kanto, Johto, Hoenn and Sinnoh. With that I mean like in the gsc-series (and off course the new hgss-series) where you can first go through Johto, and after completing Johto you can go to Kanto. And also where all pokemon are catchable, and where you aren't bound by trades or special wi-fi-events and stuff to fully complete the game.

That last part is doable, since there are already a bunch of hacks which will do that.

My questions, is the first part, about all the regions in one and the same game, even possible, because with the amount of knowledge of hacking that I have (which isn't all that much) that seems like a neverending nightmare to do.

Thanks in front for your help :biggrin:

Space is only an issue on retail cartridges with limited amounts of built-in memory. This would be perfectly possible, but very difficult. To begin with editing maps (or any 3d models) is out of the scope of most people for the time being. The format is well documented but tools that utilize it have yet to be written.

Well. Your not the first to think of this.

But just to recap - we simply don't have the tools right now to complete such a thing, which sucks.

I wish we knew someone in the Nintendo/Gamefreak company to lend us a hand but thats impossible. =(

Space is only an issue on retail cartridges with limited amounts of built-in memory. This would be perfectly possible, but very difficult. To begin with editing maps (or any 3d models) is out of the scope of most people for the time being. The format is well documented but tools that utilize it have yet to be written.

i feared as much :frown:

well thx for all the replies, too bad it can't be done atm

To begin with editing maps (or any 3d models) is out of the scope of most people for the time being. The format is well documented but tools that utilize it have yet to be written.

Also there are new things in HG/SS that use the 3d differently.

E.g.:When you go into sprout tower and the pokethon biulding. It changes the camera view on the 3 dimensions.

• 1 month later...

That is posible but not w/ only 1 rom.

My hack requires you to save in a certain building and load the save onto the next rom. Allowing you to discover the new maps on that rom and ect.

Im the very first to think of this idea and have tested it and works great, as long as the second rom your using is related to the first.

---------- Post added at 09:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:17 PM ----------

Well. Your not the first to think of this.

But just to recap - we simply don't have the tools right now to complete such a thing, which sucks.

I wish we knew someone in the Nintendo/Gamefreak company to lend us a hand but thats impossible. =(

Thats why im such a rom hacker :D

My bro rom maps for nintendo and I get the newest games :D:bidoof:

• 1 month later...

EDIT:

What I meant to say is,

Whether is it possible to do this entire thing part by part,

And releasing the patchs/updates by stages as beta.

Let's say

Stage 1 of this project can be importing maps from Platinum into HGSS.

It will also include adding a "magical door" at a certain location, as a "special portal",

Just to test if linking and entering Sinnoh maps, would it be as easy as it seem

This should require only little editing I suppose, plus the music files and everything from D/P/P is already carried forward into HGSS at the first place,

So I don't see issues with the bgm loading and such.

Stage 2 can be proper linking of maps and such,

than Stage 3 be storyline et cetera.

If its possible :/

Thats a really cool idea! Ive been wondering the same thing too in fact. If you guys come up with a beta version ROM, I would love to see it! Also, do any of you know how to edit the 4G maps? I hear that its hard to cause theyre 3D but if theres any way, could you tell me? Thanks!

Thats a really cool idea! Ive been wondering the same thing too in fact. If you guys come up with a beta version ROM, I would love to see it! Also, do any of you know how to edit the 4G maps? I hear that its hard to cause theyre 3D but if theres any way, could you tell me? Thanks!

You have to use Crystal Tile 2.

here's a nice tutorial i found :) :

I've watched that before,

and there are many small problems.

Firstly,

I can't seem to find the data file for HGSS maps, and the video doesn't show that.

Next, it doesn't show how to import other map files into another rom,

And the hex part is confusing,

As we won't know how to link new maps and such.

Too bad there isn't a program which edits maps easily. T.T

But what would be a really cool Idea on a retail side is to come out with 1 final generation of games where you start out in the new country then work your way around the rest of the countries and it could work memory wise we have flash drives the size of the top section of my pinkie that can be up to 8gb this should be doable

• 3 weeks later...

Now that people are playing ROM on VBA,and the VBA is opensource,it is totally possible to make a new ROM much more than 16MB.

But the real problem is that making a hack is difficult,making a new ROM is also difficult.

I can program GBA ROM and DS ROM,but why not a PC one?

This is an endless problem,at least for myself.

• 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I was wondering if anyone has thought of re-making R/S/E using one of the latest games D/P/P/HG/SS? Do you think its even possible to make? would be cool to play the old games with the newest graphics.

The graphics must be the biggest problem. DPP HGSS BW maps can't be edited (completely) yet.