HG/SS "Met at" issue

djny4ever

I finally was able to edit my Soul Silver so that my Pokemon appear normal except one big issue...

The Met at Place is still for Platinum version, not for Soul Silver.

Has anyone else solves this problem or is it something that has to be fixed in a new release of Pokesav?

As all areas in HG/SS aren't in DP, I assume it uses a Hidden hex value plus the FarAwayPlace (decimal no. 3002). I haven't found a list with the values corresponding to the locations yet, but I think they will be implented in the next version of PokeSav. There is a possibility that they've already been implented in the japanese version, but as I cannot read a single word in japanese, I cannot check for you.

Your best bet is to capture a pokemon in the area you want your hacked pokemon to be caught in, for example route 1. You then check in pokesav what hexadecimal value corresponds to route 1, and you edit that in with your hacked pokemon. (I thought it were the 44h and 45h values, but I'm not sure)

Good luck (though it isn't that hard ;))

EDIT: I was wrong, 46h and 47h are for locations. 44h and 45h for from whom you received the egg.

True, as no location yet exceeds 00 FF, only 46h is relevant, as the values are flipped. Still, the 47h value HAS TO BE 00, unlinke the other unused values, which the game doesn't read.

47h is not always 00, in-game trade-received pokémon have 46h = D1 and 47h = 07.

Not that they matter, though.

Also I do believe that when you make Hatched pokémon the Egg received at location should be DayCareCouple and not Faraway place. But again; I'm not sure.

Also I do believe that when you make Hatched pokémon the Egg received at location should be DayCareCouple and not Faraway place. But again; I'm not sure.

For eggs, you set the "Egg hatched at" place to Day Care Couple, and then the Met At place is set to Faraway place and then you set the appropriate Hex Value.

It has worked perfectly with my egg hatched pokemon.