Having trouble with my acekard...

Hi there,

I've been trying to work with my acekard recently, but I'm having a bit of trouble. When I start the system up, I get an error message that reads "System File not found." Any idea what the problem is? What am I doing wrong? I've never gotten this message before.

Also, I've been able to extract the save file from my diamond game, but I'm not sure how to get the edited save file back onto the game. Help with that would be greatly appreciated as well.

Thanks!

I don't know what it means; I was hoping you could tell me. ^^'

The Micro SD card should have everything it needs. I can't imagine that any of the files got corrupted, but it's a possibility, I guess.

EDIT:

Okay, I've re-downloaded the follwing things:

http://www.acekard.com/download/ak2/ak2_410_20081015_release.zip

http://projectpokemon.org/mirrors/NDS_Backup_Tool_3in1_031.zip

http://projectpokemon.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=244&d=1242689079

I've added them all to my acekard2i (after unzipping them, of course), but I still get the "System File missing" error message. What else am I missing?

EDIT:

Arrgh... I can't think of anything else to do. I've downloaded both the official and unofficial firmware versions, and still nothing. What is this "system file" that I'm missing!?! Maybe it isn't working because I have multiple firmwares on the same micro sd card?

Edited by Emeraldragon
Didn't want to double-post

Well, I can't seem to figure out if your making mashed potatoes or trying to get something to work....

Take all that useless junk off your sd card, except your games, and put the __aio folder and akmenu4.nds from the link below on the root of your card. AKAIO is much better.

Once those are on the root, just plug-n-play, so to speak.

And the download will be on the right side of the website, can't miss it.

http://filetrip.net/f6570-AKAIO-1-5.html

Okay, I downloaded the link you gave me, but there was no __aio folder, just the AKAIO.1.5.rar file. I went to an older version (AKAIO 1.4.1) and downloaded that. It was a folder, and I found the __aio folder there.

Now that I have the ___aio folder and the akmenu4.nds on my sd card, I still get the error message "System File is Missing."

When you update your MicroSD Card like adding new games, cheat files, or firmware. Do you just yank the MicroSD Card out, or do you click on the little icon then click on, "Safely Remove Hardware"

I usually just yank it out, but a few guides suggest doing that, because some files may go missing, or go corrupt, maybe something like that. Though it has never happened to me.

I always "safely remove hardware" with everything I plug into the computer.

Besides, the files I added are still there when I connect the card back to the computer again.

EDIT:

Could someone just post all the files I need to run the acekard here, so I can be sure I have everything I need?

Edited by Emeraldragon

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to bump, but I still need help with my acekard. I'm sure my problem is a stupid one, but I would really appreciate help figuring it out. I've deleted and re-downloaded the files several times; I must be missing something.

Could someone just make a post and attach the files that they use in their acekard? I want to be doubly sure that I have everything that I need.

Sorry I'm such a newb at this. I'm still learning the ropes and figuring things out. I'll need help like this every now and then until I actually know what I'm doing...

Thanks!

• 1 month later...

It's me again.

I haven't messed with my AK in... well about two months now.

I thought I'd add that I only need the acekard for extracting and importing save files with my pokemon diamond/pearl/platinum games. I haven't entered into ROM hacking yet, though I will eventually. Thus I only need the files necessary for extracting the save file, and re-acquiring the edited file from the computer.

I did it successfully once, but then things started falling apart. If someone could just link to ONLY the files I NEED, that would be immensely helpful. I'm new, and not familiar with all the terminology yet.

Thanks for your patience with me!

Emeraldragon

• 1 year later...

Hey, I've been having the same problem. I figured out that anytime I add a pokemon white rom to my sd card, it gives me this error. Try formatting your card again and only putting the akaio stuff on it (don't add games yet). If it works you can load the rest of your roms, except the one causing your problem. I haven't figured out why it does that.