Send pokémons vía GoPark with Bluetooth?

Andarer

Hello. First of all sorry if this is not the correct subforum but there used to be a feature request forum years ago and now it seems to be gone, and searching for other threads that request features the users were redirected here.

So I was playing in LGPE fairly since I don't want to hack my switch, but I'm seeing a lot of people (specially youtubers) having melmetals from the get go, when it kinda takes like 5 weeks to get one... and when sending pokes from Pokémon Go to Let's Go, I noticed that, while the phone is obviously connected to internet and checks are done in Niantic servers, the console was completely offline and connected only via Bluetooth.

Would it be possible to implement a feature to go with Bluetooth to fake a pokémon go account sending pokémons to the Go Park from pkhex? Or would the communication protocols and stuff be too costly to be implemented?

7 hours ago, Andarer said:

but I'm seeing a lot of people (specially youtubers) having melmetals from the get go

Or they had 400 Rare candies... IIRC GF/Niantic announced the 400 candy requirement a while back I think, giving people time to save Rare Candies.
Especially when we are talking about youtubers: they probably spend money for a lot of raids and bag space, so they could hoard the 400 candies within that time-frame before Let's Go release.

Additionally, ignoring the logistics on how they did it,
there was a 2x candy event in the game a few weeks back (one of the few days in the Christmas event),
which sped up the "5 weeks" timing and made it easier for everyone to get Melmetal, especially if they Pinap'd every Meltan encounter.
They also made Meltan appear more frequently compared to at launch, so people probably needed only 1-2 weeks to get it then.
(what I'm saying is.. did you not use that opportunity to get it? XD)

7 hours ago, Andarer said:

Would it be possible to implement a feature to go with Bluetooth to fake a pokémon go account sending pokémons to the Go Park from pkhex? Or would the communication protocols and stuff be too costly to be implemented?

Probably not from PKHeX.
If the Let's Go requires an actual server authentication (from Pokemon Go; Pokemon Go get's a thumbs up before being allowed to transmit the information, for example) before it allows Pokemon to be sent,
I would imagine it'll be difficult to fake the protocols. (gonna need research done into it first, and I haven't seen any public info about it)

Don't get me wrong: I'm hoping this exists, but until anyone documents any proper information about it, I doubt it'll appear..
If it took years for people to fake NDS servers connection, way past the NDS's lifespan (the servers already shut down by then),
I'll imagine this might take that much time too..

14 hours ago, Andarer said:

Technically it could be possible but modifying the Let's Go save is way easier and faster.

And Bluetooth hacking is just as its beggining even if I read week ago interesting projects about.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, jojo12100 said:

Technically it could be possible

I feel like it is important to differentiate the distinctions between possible and probable, and spell out the situation clearly.

For example, it was purportedly possible for players to get Articuno (and potentially the other legendaries) via a glitch on Niantic's part, prior to the release of any legendary; prior to the introduction of raid systems.
However in reality it was not probable. AFAIK, out of all the millions of players globally, I'm only aware of one report.
Granted, the article I linked to supposedly claims there's a few more inconclusive reports, then again, what is maybe a handful, out of millions of players?
Those odds are worse than shiny odds XD

[While I can't find the original article, this one pretty much makes people aware the initial parts of the scenario;
in any case, the guy who showed it off, got the Articuno removed by Niantic lolz
edit: second article regarding it's removal.]

Now to go back to the matter on hand:
Since neither of us actually dug through Let's Go coding, Pokemon Go's coding, tried to sniff the Bluetooth connection etc,
it is hard for us to imply that something is probable. Sure, it's possible that we might get struck by a meteorite, but how probable is that? 😜

I appreciate the optimism and enthusiasm, but I'm spreading word of caution, to prevent any unsuspecting reader from somehow misunderstanding our responses and end up unintentionally misled 😜

but modifying the Let's Go save is way easier and faster. 

I definitely agree with this. The man hours it would take for anyone to disassemble the games, understand the disassembly, get their rig working, make a simple program/hack/hardware exploit for end-users to use etc; if such an undertaking takes let's say.. 2 years, it's probably easier for the user to take a month to modify their Switch (not that it usually takes that long), and proceed to modify their saves XD

And Bluetooth hacking is just as its begging even if I read week ago interesting projects about.

That certainly is interesting, and a rather positive thing to hear. You got any links to them?

In regards to the first video, it appears to be using the Initial launches of Pokemon Go.
Has there been any improvement since then?
It's possible that Niantic made the connection more secure (lack of any progress may suggest that)

Same thing for the second one. It looks like it used the initial launch once again, and using Bluetooth to spoof movement locations,
though it's worrisome that it appears the GPS isn't really functioning.

In any case, neither of them use recent versions of the game, nor does it show Go Park faking :(
wonder if they made any progress since then...

15 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

Additionally, ignoring the logistics on how they did it,
there was a 2x candy event in the game a few weeks back (one of the few days in the Christmas event),
which sped up the "5 weeks" timing and made it easier for everyone to get Melmetal, especially if they Pinap'd every Meltan encounter.
They also made Meltan appear more frequently compared to at launch, so people probably needed only 1-2 weeks to get it then.
(what I'm saying is.. did you not use that opportunity to get it? XD)

Pretty much this.

Just to give some idea about whats been possible to date, during the candy part of the event from 18 Meltan I got 216 candy for catching with a Pinap and another 36 for transferring them.

On the December 19th I had a Melmetal with another 226 candy towards the next:

melmetal96.jpg.256251e00357bb9c03b3d262b5c1057a.jpg

Fast forward to today I now have 762 candy and should be able to get around another 108 candy after 9pm tonight, meaning I could have fully evolved 3 Meltan without even putting any rare candies in to them:

meltan-candy.jpg.e3caaa2bfa4c9e568b81bff009fb6e15.jpg

I could have probably got around 108 candy more, as i took quite a few days to unlock the Go park, then I've waited a day here and there to use the Mystery Box.

You could also get another 3x candy a day for a 100km or greater trade, however for most of my Meltan trades the distance has been less than 10k.

Anyone who got Melmetal on day one used rare candies, some people in my area are walking about with 500+ candies at the moment.

• Ditto 1