Catch Rate editing bug in Blank Saves

BeyondTheHorizon

Hi, I'm happy for the recent ability to choose which blank save you can load when opening the program, but I'm currently having problems with catch rate editing. I'm using the latest commit and am on a Yellow blank save, by the way.

• If you edit the catch rate to a number below 90 and click Reset, it doesn't reset to the correct catch rate and is treated as legal. I think this is a bug.
  • Even if you do edit the catch rate to a number above 90, you have to click on another editable box before clicking on legality for it to correctly report that the catch rate is incorrect. Not a bug, but confusing.

Thanks for the continued work on PKHeX, by the way.

Ah, after a bit of experimenting I see what you mean. At first, I was confused by your response, but after loading a Red/Blue blank save file instead of a Yellow one, I see that catch rate editing works there. All the same, any reason why it doesn't work in a Yellow blank save file?

I know Pikachu, Kadabra, Dragonair, and Dragonite have different catch rates in Yellow (163, 96, 27 and 9, respectively) and catch rates should be reset to those respective numbers for them in a Yellow file, but catch rate editing working for Red/Blue and having problems in Yellow feels inconsistent and confusing.

EDIT: I have since discovered that apparently Yellow catch rate editing works if you say "No" to "Allow tradebacks from Generation 2 for legality purposes?" instead of "Yes". I take it this "issue" can be dropped now.

Edited by BeyondTheHorizon
Removed EDIT 2 as Raticate did have a catch rate of 90 in Gens I and II. It was changed to 127 from Gen III onwards.