How can I tell if my Switch is hackable and can use PKHeX?

38 minutes ago, Darthy09 said:

Can I check the model number in the system settings?

AFAIK No.

How can tell if my Switch version is compatible with PKHeX? 

The Switch is not directly compatible with PKHeX, ie: PKHeX is not installed on your Switch.

You need to install CFW/homebrew onto your Switch, and then dump your save, then transfer the save from the Switch’s SD to your computer, to use PKHeX to modify your save. 

Semantics, I know, but I want to make it clear to anyone else who may come upon this thread.

Please give me a detailed explanation.

If I’m not mistaken, you’re the user who already bought a Switch.

Go to this page https://gbatemp.net/threads/switch-informations-by-serial-number-read-the-first-post-before-asking-questions.481215/ , and check the serial number on the bar code on the bottom of the switch. 

The page itself is pretty clear: if it’s green: it’s hackable, if orange: maybe, if red: not.

Also, can you get banned for hacking your Switch and using PKHeX?

Yes, for hacking your switch. Not related to PKHeX usage. 

20 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

AFAIK No.

The Switch is not directly compatible with PKHeX, ie: PKHeX is not installed on your Switch.

You need to install CFW/homebrew onto your Switch, and then dump your save, then transfer the save from the Switch’s SD to your computer, to use PKHeX to modify your save. 

Semantics, I know, but I want to make it clear to anyone else who may come upon this thread.

If I’m not mistaken, you’re the user who already bought a Switch.

Go to this page https://gbatemp.net/threads/switch-informations-by-serial-number-read-the-first-post-before-asking-questions.481215/ , and check the serial number on the bar code on the bottom of the switch. 

The page itself is pretty clear: if it’s green: it’s hackable, if orange: maybe, if red: not.

Yes, for hacking your switch. Not related to PKHeX usage. 

Where exactly do I check if it's green, orange or red? The serial number on my Switch is printed in black.

5 minutes ago, Darthy09 said:

XAW10079274462

image.png

So yours might be patched.

There's a tutorial on gbatemp to test if the Switch has been patched.

Follow the instructions, at your own risk (as usual)
https://gbatemp.net/threads/a-definitive-way-to-test-if-your-switch-is-patched-or-not-purchases-after-07-2018.512018/

To enter RCM, I recommend buying a cheap plastic jig on ebay. (that's where I got mine.)

• Like 1