Bug (i geuss) prevents me from opening a Pokemon Platinum file.

What?!

I try to open a pokemon platinum .sav file in PKHex but it says : 'Invalid or corrupted GC memory card. Aborting.'   And it stops. I tried changing the file to just main , did not work...

(actual dump, not from an emulator)

I know this v exists but i tried it to no succes..

(https://projectpokemon.org/home/forums/topic/47713-bug-invalid-or-corrupted-gc-memory-card/)

(if my English is bad, i'm Dutch :))

53 minutes ago, What?! said:

I try to open a pokemon platinum .sav file in PKHex but it says : 'Invalid or corrupted GC memory card. Aborting.'   And it stops. I tried changing the file to just main , did not work...

(actual dump, not from an emulator)

I know this v exists but i tried it to no succes..

(https://projectpokemon.org/home/forums/topic/47713-bug-invalid-or-corrupted-gc-memory-card/)

(if my English is bad, i'm Dutch :))

Upload your save, let us take a look :D

7 minutes ago, What?! said:

Your save is too big. it should have been 512KB (check your emulator/flashcart settings)

When I manually trimmed your save down, it *kinda* worked.
It displayed your OT name and starter, but your PC was.. error'd out. (maybe because it's a save of someone who just received their starter?)
image.pngimage.png

In any case, toggle your settings so the save is of the correct size, then redump your save. This isn't a PKHeX bug.

For starters, what are you playing platinum on, and how did you get your save?

I used HxD, a Hex Editor, and used the first 0x80000 bytes and copied them into a new file, and renamed it as a new sav. Presumably cause you only saved once, the remainder 0x80000 bytes didn’t hold any save data.

(the game keeps the older save in the second half of the full file you provided.)