Color Palette Randomizer?

Bjorys

It seems like the Pokemon 3DS hacking scene is getting more advanced every day. I've seen a lot of ROM hacks that use different color palettes for characters/shinies and what not. Does anyone know of anyone working on a color palette randomizer like the ones that can be used in older generations, or is color editing on the 3DS too difficult to work with to make that happen?

15 minutes ago, Bjorys said:

That's what I thought. Do you know if anyone is working on a randomizer thst would do that? I don't have much experience with 3D modeling. 

Nope, not being done by anyone.

Such a randomizer wouldn't need to deal with 3D modeling; you just need to transform the colors of the texture, and leave the model alone. That's how the texture mods are done, just by hand and not 'randomly' :)

• 1 year later...
On 1/6/2019 at 7:30 AM, Kaphotics said:

Nope, not being done by anyone.

Such a randomizer wouldn't need to deal with 3D modeling; you just need to transform the colors of the texture, and leave the model alone. That's how the texture mods are done, just by hand and not 'randomly' :)

Dang, sorry to be posting in such an old thread, but the topic is still very relevant to me. It's been a year, I suppose there still hasn't been any "news" regarding this?
One of my favorite ways to play Nuzlockes is with randomized types, and that is so much more fun if the sprites/models actually indicate a type change much like Pokémon should.

3 hours ago, Glamurio said:

Dang, sorry to be posting in such an old thread, but the topic is still very relevant to me. It's been a year, I suppose there still hasn't been any "news" regarding this?
One of my favorite ways to play Nuzlockes is with randomized types, and that is so much more fun if the sprites/models actually indicate a type change much like Pokémon should.

and his response still applies. It isn't done by anyone. If it is, you should have been able to google it.