1st NDS Japan Distribution Cartridge Preserved - Only one Known to Exist in the Wild

YoshiMoshi

10784-087542faaea9cdf1c0a6404d11752110.jpg.97a81e7155b68499008cb8c63468149d.jpg

FYI,

The 1st NDS Japan Pokemon Distribution Cartridge has been preserved for all! Japan distribution cartridges are extremely rare. Indeed, this is the first Japan NDS cartridge that has been preserved. I had not even seen a picture of a Japan NDS distribution cartridge in the wild, until I made this purchase! Boy oh boy was this cartridge not cheap to obtain! I have seen pictures of GBA Japan distribution cartridges, but this remains the only Japanese one that we have seen pictures of for NDS. This cartridge is extremely rare. According to a Nintendo website archive, this event was distributed at under 1000 different locations in Japan. This cartridge is a true one of a kind cartridge, another one is not known to exist in private hands!

My hopes is that preservation of this cartridge, will be seen by others who have distribution cartridges that have not yet been preserved. My hopes is that that they will be encouraged to forever preserve there distribution cartridges publicly for future generations to use. If anyone knows of others having this cartridge, please let me know. Or if others has pictures of Japan NDS cartridges, let me know.

This is "Strongest Pokemon Distribution" from Japan that distributes Milotic, Dragonite, and Salamence.

Happy Holidays to All!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Amazed 2

On 12/25/2018 at 12:57 PM, King Impoleon said:

HOW MUCH DID U PAY?!

on Ebay or Private Collector?

Not sure if he wants to share the price he paid, but it was found on a Japanese auction site. We try to keep watch for these things, but it seems only by luck it may have been a one-time thing. YoshiMoshi found it back in March, and I personally haven't seen anything since.

Spoiler

Y2ioJ3R.png

Edited by Deoxyz
  • Speechless 1

On 1/1/2019 at 5:19 PM, 3DSCollector said:

Dang congrats, and merry christmas. I never thought this cartridge would be the first Japanese cart to show up. Absolutely crazy how long it has taken for this to show up. I hope this means more Japanese carts show up, but that might be wishful thinking :P

Yea I doubt we'll see another.

I have a request for people. Can someone who knows Japanese provide a translation of the text on the cartridge? Can someone please provide the text on the sticker on the cartridge in ASCII code?

ミロカロス ・ カイリュー
ボーマンダ 専用カード

The Black box looks like it says this?  I'm not sure what it translates to, as the google one doesn't make much sense. But it's probably something along the lines of "distribution use only"

Edit: Is it the names of the Pokemon that are distributed in Japanese?

Edited by Gridelin
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, Gridelin said:

ミロカロス ・ カイリュー
ボーマンダ 専用カード

ミロカロス=Milokaross=Milotic
カイリュー=Kairyu=Dragonite
 ボーマンダ=Bohmander=Salamence

専用カード=Distribution Cart

Edit:
Upper letters:
ポケットモンスター ダイヤモンド= Pokémon Diamond