Hi, I just captured a feebas and it comes out like fishy, why is it?

dji

6 minutes ago, Kaphotics said:

@Sabresite No, it's due to the RNG calls before the PIDIV calc not lining up or something.

These checks weren't thoroughly tested so they're only 'Fishy' until they're worked on again -- there are a lot of quirks which have to be considered. If the user caught it legally, then it's safe to assume it's legal.

@dji has more that he can upload. Based on what he told me, all of them are flagged as Fishy, if that helps?

I don't know what to say, I caught one and it didn't come out fishy.
349 - FEEBAS - 7049C7B8EB92.pk3

image.png

Mine was caught on Emerald. As your's was caught in Ruby, I'll try catching one there.

edit, my Ruby one is fine too.
349 - FEEBAS - 636D7BA590E9.pk3
image.png

How did you catch yours? On a cart? On emulator? Used cheats to change overworld encounters?
Any information will help. :)

For transparency sake, I don't have my GBA/NDS right now, so this two was caught on VBA.
I found the tile using the Feebas Location Tile tool, then fished at those specific tiles.

1 hour ago, dji said:

use the vba emulator just like you, do not use anything to alter the game, just look for the feebas blocks and I got one fishing right on the shore I show a photo

Screenshot_3.thumb.png.a360271b989b18b0a5b98831b68ebe30.pngScreenshot_1.thumb.png.a2068a2ca94b5d7a50e9efa5187b4d1c.png

THats weird, maybe it’s the version of emulator? Maybe the version emulated the RNG falls slightly differently? I was using VBA RR (re-recording or something)

I’m wondering if it’s related to the Feebas seed (in this case BD8F) controlling the encounters.

my land encounters are consistently non-fishy in that seed, and water encounters are consistently fishy.

its flipped on the previous seed I used.

Don't appear to be as consistent as I thought.
I used seed BD80, with first 2 encounters being on land, and next 2 being on water,
and what I got was Fishy, Legal, Legal, Fishy, in that order.

I uploaded them as per the caught order described above.
catch order.rar