What should not be in the Pokemon games?

Mewtwo Ex

So i just came up with this thread. What should not be in the Pokemon games? My intention in this is to post the most dimwitted or unthoughtful things in the games.

Example 1: Beldum, Metang, Porigon (2, Z) and other Pokemon without no mouths to be able to eat.

Example 2: Mewtwo, Deoxys and others can freely fly in the movies but in the games can be hit with Ground type moves.

So post the absurd and wrong things or anything that you think should not be added to the games.

• 2 weeks later...
Well, in terms of game mechanics wise, Double Team/ Minimize and OHKO moves need to be nerfed. That is the only thing that I think is retarded.

Hahaha. Right. How about all the 100% accuracy moves? Those could use some trimming for sure, especially since a lot of them end up causing a OHKO anyways. 80% as a baseline would be perfect. Or how about the lack of hit/evasion attributes along the lines of HP/Attack/Defense/etc? It makes no sense that faster Pokemon aren't also capable of dodging easier.

OHKOs and evasion boosting moves aren't broken, they're merely high risk/high reward maneuvers, something that competitive players like to label "luck" and dismiss as "cheap" because they don't like losing to something that isn't 100% predictable. (But lets ignore the fact that matchups alone contain about the same amount of "luck" considering all the viable teams you can build in the game - come on guys, this isn't Chess.)

Anyway, as far as anything else that I think shouldn't be in the games - breeding.

Yeah, I said breeding.

This mechanic, in conjunction with IVs, is the cause of the most ridiculous time sink ever invented on Pokemon. I imagine it also spawned a lot of "interesting material" on the internet, too, but I guess that would have happened either way.

Don't get me wrong - I enjoy the concept behind it, but it's application is horrible. Leave two Pokemon with a daycare and run around for a billion steps, only to come back and run around for another billion steps to hatch the damn thing? And then you find out IT HAS BAD IVS ZOMG NO? Have fun wasting as much of your life as if you were playing an MMO trying to get that perfect spread, and God help you if you want a decent Hidden Power.

Breeding wouldn't be so bad if the IV system wasn't implemented as it is, but if I had to choose one or the other to change, I'd pick breeding. IVs at least serve a good function - to make each Pokemon unique to the noncompetitive player (I'm looking at the kids, here). Breeding just adds another time sink to an already monotonous end game.

+1 to the "Mewtwo can fly but gets hit by ground moves anyways <:D".

• 3 weeks later...

I don't like how you can fly a hundred miles across a continent on the back of a bird the length of your fore arm, or ride across the ocean on a fish the length of your fore arm, or dig out of a cave on an animal the length of your forearm.

I don't like how you can fly a hundred miles across a continent on the back of a bird the length of your fore arm, or ride across the ocean on a fish the length of your fore arm, or dig out of a cave on an animal the length of your forearm.

Perhaps. I did get annoyed the first time i used FLY. It took so little and i traveled so far. I felt like i did nothing to get there...

I dislike the 1HKO moves.

LV.50 Pinsir used Guillotine. LV.100 Dialga took calamitous damage... Need i say more?

Perhaps. I did get annoyed the first time i used FLY. It took so little and i traveled so far. I felt like i did nothing to get there...

I dislike the 1HKO moves.

LV.50 Pinsir used Guillotine. LV.100 Dialga took calamitous damage... Need i say more?

Actually, those OHKO moves only work if the Pokemon that is using it is the same or higher level on the target Pokemon. But lol Guillotine? Do they even know what they are implying... that evil device that severed HEADS and took names in the French Revolution? It is a kid's game indeed >.<

So in actuality that Pinsir is level 500 right (you missed an extra 0)? I would like to see that Dialga fight without a head X_X

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...