1998 Nintendo Power 'MARIO' Mew Distribution

Gridelin

On 3/24/2020 at 10:25 PM, Allegedly137 said:

Ok guys! Here they are! Both of the Mews in this one file! Box one. I was stubborn and wanted to do the use the save data transfer stuff myself, mostly because it sounded like a fun thing to mess around with and I wanted to backup my gameboy camera stuff too~

I traded the mews off the the blue and yellow they were originally in onto this file. I did back up both that blue and yellow before doing this, if for whatever reason this file is a problem (missingno did briefly visit back in the day but was promptly deleted after realizing he wasn't safe. Didn't mess with him much.)

I have searched high and low for my certificates of authenticity. I really really doubt I got rid of them, but alas they aren't where I expected them to be. I swear I will return to this forum if they ever show up, even if it's a few years from now. I may have higher quality pictures of my photos on a floppy they gave out, if preservationists want them and the files aren't corrupted yet.

pokemon_red_dex_2mews.sav 128 kB · 125 downloads

*ALMOST 2.5 YEARS LATER*

I'm back with the certificates for the Mews! Mostly. I actually may have thrown them out (Shameful, I know) but not before snapping photos of them! And also the HQ versions of me possibly at the same event. I still am not 100% sure which event these were and if they were from the same event, but it was totally in or near Orange County, California no later than 1999. 

DSC01382.JPG

DSC01383.JPG

MVC-001X.JPG

MVC-002X.JPG

Edited by Allegedly137
  • Like 3

13 hours ago, Allegedly137 said:

*ALMOST 2.5 YEARS LATER*

I'm back with the certificates for the Mews! Mostly. I actually may have thrown them out (Shameful, I know) but not before snapping photos of them! And also the HQ versions of me possibly at the same event. I still am not 100% sure which event these were and if they were from the same event, but it was totally in or near Orange County, California no later than 1999. 

Legendary update, thank you so much for following up :D

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Hey everyone. Sorry for bumping this thread without as cool of an update as above, but I've been on a search, and I've hit a wall. When I was a kid, I won a Mew from a Nintendo Power contest. Unfortunately, only maybe 20 or 30 minutes of playing with  it, I decided to look at it in Pokemon Stadium, and then play at the GB tower. My transfer pak decided to corrupt my Pokemon Yellow cart. 

I was Devastated.

So I've been looking for a way to recreate it after watching Nick Robinson's video about the Blastoise. Bulbapedia made it pretty clear that all the Gen 1 Mew's had the same IVs, but I can't for the life of me remember which OT it had. I feel like it was NINTEN, but MARIO seems equally likely based on my foggy memory. I've been searching for a list of contest winners for both the 1998 and 1999 contests (I'm 95% sure I was in the '98 one though) in hopes of narrowing it down.

Any information you guys could provide to help would be awesome.

Thanks!

• 8 months later...
11 hours ago, CrazyCompSci said:

I'm getting an error when I try to use the PK1 file from the OP in PKHex. Do we have a clean PK1 or a SAV file that can be used for this one?

The Mew is ok, PKHeX just doesn't recognize it. This is an issue with many event Pokemon from Gen 1/2 and even Gen 3. We would need a serialized format with all the relevant data of all of them to get that fixed. https://github.com/projectpokemon/EventsGallery/issues/261
Until then, if you trust the source, just ignore the message.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 11/30/2018 at 2:05 PM, Gridelin said:

That SpaceWorld Mew would be incredible, but I can relate all too well to that struggle. I've been in contact with another redditor that had an Australian Cart with an event Mew, but they haven't gotten back to me in a while. 

I really enjoy preserving all Pokemon/Video Game related history, it's how I got involved in the redump project :)

I know it been awhile but has the person with Australian Mew event responded or have update. 

Does anyone have a copy of .sav file instead of pk1. I can’t find anything online and I can’t do anything with pk1 file, the save editor does nothing for me. Plz thank you