pkNX: Nintendo Switch ROM Editor & Randomizer

Hey sorry if this is the wrong place to post this, but I've been getting these errors when trying to load my Violet and Scarlet files, has anyone else gotten these or know a fix? I have tried with the 1.1.0 update, and with no updates. I get the same thing for both Scarlet and Violet. I'm using the nxdumptool and tried redumping my Shield files, which seem to work fine - so the dump tool still seems to work.

With 1.1.0 Update:

image.png.505c84020901970940b7bf734f6c153e.png

Without update:

image.png.8cbf3c9155edda15e7e7caff941d459b.png

Any partial research/result/info on SwSh Type Chart? The source code of PKNX still shows function name as NotWorking_EditTypeChart only for SwSh versions.

I am pretty much stuck trying to find out where the type chart is stored. The pattern "04 04 04 04 04 02 04 00 02" is not found in exefs/main. I have done some scripted search in romfs folders with suspicious names such as "battle", "appli" but the pattern is not found. (I haven't done a full search on every single file as that takes forever for my script/computer for the big resource files)

PS. I don't currently have a GoPikachu/Eevee Rom so I don't know how that looks like in exefs/main looks like in those PKNX-type-chart-editable versions. However based on PKNX source code I would assume the pattern is "04 04 04 04 04 02 04 00 02" as appeared in previous generations.

On the other hand, I would say since GoPikachu/Eevee and Sun/Moon all store the type chart in exefs I have enough reason to believe it is still in exefs but stored in a different format.

Any idea/direction on how to find this out would be helpful, I can do the work.

I think I found something important for the Type Chart in SwSh. The main file in exefs is in compressed NSO format and once we decompress it to elf using the nx2elf tool, the type table that starts with "04 04 04 04 04 02 04 00 02" is indeed present and can be found. I will try later when I have time if I can edit and re-compress it successfully using the elf2nso tool and test in the game.

I have tested the above editing (decompress NSO to elf in binary -> edit the elf -> recompress back into NSO main) and at least it worked with Yuzu Emulator Layered Mod File system. So Type Chart editing actually works in SwSh. If this tool could include that functionality in a GUI interface it would be helpful.

pkNX is a great software. Thanks to the developer.

I have one question. I was able to get the correct raid data for ranks 1-6, but does anyone know where to find event raids like rank 7 Charizard?

Maybe there is no data in the update file...?

I think there is a bug in pokemon teachable TR editing for SwSh version. The source code PersonalInfo8SWSH.cs has lines

public const int CountTM = 128;
public const int CountTR = 128;

while the actual counts are clearly both 100. This causes the bug that pokemons have wrong learnable TRs in the checkbox and the wrong results are saved to the pml personal bin once edited.

On 12/20/2022 at 10:31 AM, MawileIsCool said:

It's not updated for editing files in S/V if that's what you're trying to do. Otherwise make sure you're S/V game is on the latest patch.

Do you know when it will be updated for editing sv?

hey there, i've been trying to randomize every encounter & trainer battle in PLA but whenever I try to randomize the trainer battles the Pokemon automatically start with Struggle and get basically zero moves.

image.png.4746241f031d7c67cb8aed6b9d934559.png

can I do something to prevent this from happening?

Edited by astrauh

• 2 weeks later...

I can't find any of the G-Max moves under the moves section. All of the normal max moves are there but I don't see any of the signature Gigantamax ones. My goal was to have G-Max Steelsurge effect on a normal move so I wanted to find it's hex ID number but I can't since it's not there. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm trying to dump the encounter files from Pokemon Scarlet, but when I do Master Dump > Encounters i only get several titan-related .txt files, and two encounter-related .pkl files. these are under Dump/encounters, not Dump\raw\world\data\encounters like i expected. if these .pkl files are the encounters I'm looking for does anyone know how to open them? or if they aren't the encounter files what buttons do i click to get them?

• 4 weeks later...

Can we have id list for exemple for item's shop ?

Without name i can't know what i put in mart

This kind of window is not very convenient ...

Capture d’écran 2023-05-28 030039.png

Certains windows, are too big and are out of my screen, i can't move them

Edited by Asther

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi Kaphotics,

I used pknx to change the pokemon evolutions in sword and shield.
It also saves all files in the folder. Only these are not accepted in the game.
Without having the mod activated on Yuzu, all Pokemon evolve at their normal level.
However, if I activate the changes from pkNX, the Pokemons no longer evolve. There are also those that have not been changed.
Do you maybe have a solution for me?

• 1 month later...

Can't Save text, got JIT Errors on pokemon SW,SH 1.3.2

See the end of this message for details on invoking 
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Specified argument was out of the range of valid values.
   at pkNX.Structures.TextFile.GetVariableParameters(ReadOnlySpan`1 text) in D:\a\1\s\pkNX.Structures\Text\TextFile.cs:line 420
   at pkNX.Structures.TextFile.GetVariableValues(ReadOnlySpan`1 variable) in D:\a\1\s\pkNX.Structures\Text\TextFile.cs:line 377
   at pkNX.Structures.TextFile.GetLineData(ReadOnlySpan`1 line) in D:\a\1\s\pkNX.Structures\Text\TextFile.cs:line 199
   at pkNX.Structures.TextFile.ConvertLinesToData(String[] value) in D:\a\1\s\pkNX.Structures\Text\TextFile.cs:line 159
   at pkNX.Structures.TextFile.set_Lines(String[] value) in D:\a\1\s\pkNX.Structures\Text\TextFile.cs:line 147
   at pkNX.Structures.TextFile..ctor(IEnumerable`1 lines, TextConfig config, Boolean remapChars) in D:\a\1\s\pkNX.Structures\Text\TextFile.cs:line 46
   at pkNX.Structures.TextFile.GetBytes(IEnumerable`1 lines, TextConfig config, Boolean remapChars) in D:\a\1\s\pkNX.Structures\Text\TextFile.cs:line 446
   at pkNX.WinForms.TextContainer.Save() in D:\a\1\s\pkNX.WinForms\Subforms\TextContainer.cs:line 46
   at pkNX.WinForms.TextEditor.B_Save_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in D:\a\1\s\pkNX.WinForms\Subforms\TextEditor.cs:line 347
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, WM msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Edited by Dal2kness