pkNX: Nintendo Switch ROM Editor & Randomizer

On 5/2/2022 at 10:40 PM, bigthebudo said:

Hello. Is there a way to change the forms of pokemon in your party? For example, I would like Zygarde to always be in his complete form without needing Power Construct

Also, I am trying to use the Move Editor to remove the charging part of Geomancy. When I set the charge flag to false and use the move in game, it just fails. How do I remove the charge on a move?

Thank you very much for providing a very useful tool, which has helped me a lot.

When I tried to modify the sword and shield game, I saw the battle tower data in the Masterdump button, but there was no area to edit. So how do I fix it?

In addition, I found that modifying dynamaxadv data in the Yuzu simulator caused the game to freeze, which was a pity. I don't know if a similar problem would occur on a physical machine.

Thank you again for

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, I've been trying to get pkNX to recognize my dumped files. I've tried with Sword 1.3.0 and 1.3.2 and it keeps saying not recognized game data. I've been loading the pokemon game file folder, the RomFS folder, and even the game in that folder. None work. Any suggestions?

unknown.png

16 minutes ago, socandrewcer said:

Hello, I've been trying to get pkNX to recognize my dumped files. I've tried with Sword 1.3.0 and 1.3.2 and it keeps saying not recognized game data. I've been loading the pokemon game file folder, the RomFS folder, and even the game in that folder. None work. Any suggestions?

unknown.png

File count needs to be correct, has to be a merged romfs with three base content and all the patch content, per the readme.

• 2 weeks later...

So I’m having trouble getting in to pknx with my romfs and exefs. I have both of them, but I still get an alert saying it can’t recognize the files. I have the dlc, I’ve tried both new and old versions of pknx, but still nothing. Would having a mod such as the 60fps mod or divine sword make this not work? Hoping to figure out what I’m doing wrong, thanks.

1 hour ago, Seviper_Stu said:

Did anyone get a fix to the could not find part of the path,  C:\Users\slync\OneDrive\Desktop\Pokemon Games\RomFS\bin\message\English\common issue yet?

Do NOT store game backups on OneDrive, as it doesn't store files on your local machine by default. The program expects the data to exist locally, not on the cloud.

Move your data to a folder that is not a cloud folder/drive.

still getting the error, i've tried moving it to a usb drive and also moved the desktop off onedrive but both new locations don't work still keep getting could not find a part of the path C:\\Users\slync\Desktop\PokemonGame\RomFS\bin\messages\English\common

This is the details it shows

Spoiler

See the end of this message for details on invoking 
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Users\slync\Desktop\Pokemon Games\RomFS\bin\message\English\common'.
   at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.IO.FileSystemEnumerableIterator`1.CommonInit()
   at System.IO.FileSystemEnumerableIterator`1..ctor(String path, String originalUserPath, String searchPattern, SearchOption searchOption, SearchResultHandler`1 resultHandler, Boolean checkHost)
   at System.IO.Directory.GetFiles(String path, String searchPattern, SearchOption searchOption)
   at pkNX.Containers.FolderContainer.Initialize(Func`2 filter)
   at pkNX.Game.GameManager.GetFilteredFolder(GameFile type, Func`2 filter)
   at pkNX.Game.GameManagerSWSH.ResetText()
   at pkNX.Game.GameManagerSWSH.Initialize()
   at pkNX.Game.GameManager..ctor(GameLocation rom, Int32 language)
   at pkNX.Game.GameManagerSWSH..ctor(GameLocation rom, Int32 language)
   at pkNX.Game.GameManager.GetManager(GameLocation loc, Int32 language)
   at pkNX.WinForms.Controls.EditorBase.GetEditor(String loc, Int32 language)
   at pkNX.WinForms.Main.OpenFolder(String path)
   at pkNX.WinForms.Main.OpenPath(String path)
   at pkNX.WinForms.Main.Menu_Open_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4510.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_B
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
pkNX
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/slync/Desktop/pkNX/pkNX/Newer%20pkNX%20(11.27.2020)/pkNX.exe
System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4488.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4488.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4395.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_B
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Configuration
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4341.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Core
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4470.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Xml
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4161.0 built by: NET48REL1
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
pkNX.Structures
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/slync/Desktop/pkNX/pkNX/Newer%20pkNX%20(11.27.2020)/pkNX.exe
pkNX.Game
pkNX.Containers

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

4 hours ago, Seviper_Stu said:

still getting the error, i've tried moving it to a usb drive and also moved the desktop off onedrive but both new locations don't work still keep getting could not find a part of the path C:\\Users\slync\Desktop\PokemonGame\RomFS\bin\messages\English\common

-snip-

Ignoring the filename saying the exe is from 2020, you need to be 100% certain that your Desktop is not also a OneDrive folder. Besides having a dedicated folder for OneDrive, it usually also eats up your Desktop to keep things in the cloud instead of on your hard drive.

The files need to be present on the computer for the program to work.

7 hours ago, Kaphotics said:

Ignoring the filename saying the exe is from 2020, you need to be 100% certain that your Desktop is not also a OneDrive folder. Besides having a dedicated folder for OneDrive, it usually also eats up your Desktop to keep things in the cloud instead of on your hard drive.

The files need to be present on the computer for the program to work.

im 100% certain its no longer on the onedrive folder, i moved the desktop out of onedrive to C:\Users\slync\Desktop\Pokemon Games so its now completely in my hard drive but i still keep getting the above issue, any ideas ?

5 hours ago, Seviper_Stu said:

im 100% certain its no longer on the onedrive folder, i moved the desktop out of onedrive to C:\Users\slync\Desktop\Pokemon Games so its now completely in my hard drive but i still keep getting the above issue, any ideas ?

A subfolder of your desktop is still inside your desktop; a subfolder of a cloud folder is still a cloud folder.

Put the dump on the root of your hard drive.

Hello, i have a bit of an odd request and wanted to know if it's possible.

I wanted to change just the starters of sword and nothing else cuz i hate them but i don't seem to be able to manually select them like you used to be able to do in the 3ds randomizer. 

Is that actually the case or is there a way? I tried changing the pokemon id but that didn't seem to change the name so i assumed it doesn't work. 

2 hours ago, plouto said:

Hello, i have a bit of an odd request and wanted to know if it's possible.

I wanted to change just the starters of sword and nothing else cuz i hate them but i don't seem to be able to manually select them like you used to be able to do in the 3ds randomizer. 

Is that actually the case or is there a way? I tried changing the pokemon id but that didn't seem to change the name so i assumed it doesn't work. 

Gift editor.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey all question that I didnt see answered in here. Im randomizing Sword on yuzu using pknx and I manually rng'd my starters cause theres no auto options but the models are still  grookey, scorbunny and sobble until I actually pick them which isnt great anyone know of a fix?

Got another issue now when I dump the rom it says I have 50494 files and when i try to open it with PKNX I get an invalid pop up isnt that the correct number of files for it I'm running the 2 dlc with update btw.

Running into 2  issues myself while using this with Yuzu.  I am trying to randomize Pokemon Sword (Version 1.3.2 with both DLC) and have randomized multiple things (Shops, wild pokemon, items, starters, static pokemon) and it seems that once I put the randomizer files in place it randomized some of the things like starters and shops but none of the wild pokemon or item placements seem to have randomized in game.  As you can see in the pic below, the wild pokemon show as randomized in PKNX. Not sure if this is an error on my part with placing the files or if it is something with the program. Any insight would be appreciated. 

image.png.88f5bc824c5b8f4e87c13c0bde468ba3.png

The other issue is when trying to open the shiny rate section, I get the following error

image.png.cd5f9e30cfd83a17b388b8fed5dfe902.png

Edited by ChrisMack

Wondering if there is a master list anywhere that states what the codes are for everything. For example there is a list that has the numbers for items so I was able to add Cherish Balls to all my shops, but if I want to modify the nature of my starter Pokemon, I don't know what the numbers mean. Right now it says "Nature 25" and I have no idea which Nature that is. Also wondering if there is a way to make specific Pokemon shiny, for example this very starter. I see ShinyLock listed and the number is 0 but I don't know if that has to do with whether the Pokemon is shiny locked or its actual shinyness, if that makes sense.

Thanks for this application, it's been a lot of fun!

2 hours ago, belllatrix said:

Wondering if there is a master list anywhere that states what the codes are for everything. For example there is a list that has the numbers for items so I was able to add Cherish Balls to all my shops, but if I want to modify the nature of my starter Pokemon, I don't know what the numbers mean. Right now it says "Nature 25" and I have no idea which Nature that is. Also wondering if there is a way to make specific Pokemon shiny, for example this very starter. I see ShinyLock listed and the number is 0 but I don't know if that has to do with whether the Pokemon is shiny locked or its actual shinyness, if that makes sense.

Thanks for this application, it's been a lot of fun!

Program is open source; code is linked at the bottom of the first post.

https://github.com/kwsch/pkNX/blob/1dad93d7c5e9dd7901930782225ba8c9caa08e6e/pkNX.Structures/Encounter/Nature.cs

Generally, if the game uses an out-of-bounds value that is -1 or 1 greater than the usual range, it implies the game to randomize it when generating in-game.

For other magic numbers that are not translated to not-numbers / "english", check other entries to see a pattern. Usually that's good enough to see what the value does. And if not, try checking for other game's usage of that type of value:

https://github.com/kwsch/pkNX/blob/e432370a407dfd15f8f4dc0463e456ba720cd154/pkNX.Structures.FlatBuffers/Arceus/Util/ShinyType8a.cs#L8

Hi there~

I'm just wondering if anyone knows how to fix the Randomized Evolutions per Level (Sword/Shield)?
So, I my randomized game is perfect, besides the evolutions per level-up. I am trying to get it so that, for example: Grookey evolves to Magmar, evolves to Rookidee, evolves to Kyurem, evolves to Charizard.

However... Looking at all of the evolutions, it seems that Stage 1 pokemon (Charmander, Grookey, etc), only evolve into other Stage 1 pokemon. Same goes for Stage 2, and Stage 3.
I've played around with various settings, and I can't for the life of me, figure out why it's not randomizing to, well, randomly evolve to other Stages of pokemon evolutions. I've seen Youtubers play with randomized evolution lines; but none ever include a 'how to', so I'm thinking that they're manually edited at this point, and I kind of don't want to go through 800+ pokemon to choose an evolution for each pokemon.

Would the evolutions be affected by "ModifyByEvolutions"? (Evolution Chain Species Randomization instead of Pure Random. Refer to the Evolution settings when using this mode.)
I have tried it both as False and as True, but still not getting anywhere.

Any help/assistance/tips would be lovely, thank you.