pkNX: Nintendo Switch ROM Editor & Randomizer

1 hour ago, andrewmyles said:

How the heck do I download this?! "Download the latest version here (click on latest run at the top, then click Artifacts - published, and download the folder)
" Well guess what, I click on the top run and there is no "artifacts". Just link the thing. 

Follow the image tutorial right beneath the part you quoted.

Oh. THOSE are bloody artifacts. Those things which only sometimes are called artifacts. Who makes those websites...

Okay, next question: what program do I use to extract XCI to a folder structure this program takes? XCI explorer?

Edited by andrewmyles

Hey im new, so I have dumped the correct files on my sd and then moved them to the laptop but I still can't use it, it says invalid folder or unable to recognize but the files are correct, or is it possible that dumping the file with the tool from switch causes a mistake?

Hello, thanks for your tool i really like it! i have a problem with changing moveset from Pokémon trainer in let's go, when i change and click save it dosent register the change i've made do you know why?

be9bbfb1088cf5a697817e05e8aa5e5c.png

Anyone know how to disable invalid moves? Whenever I randomize moves in Sword there is at least 1 move on a pokemon that is greyed out due to being removed in Gen 8. Is there any way to stop these moves from being selected when randomizing?

Thank you Kaphotics for such an amazing tool. It's allowed me to make some changes in PLA I always wanted while playing the game. I have one request though that I hope you'd consider.

Adding Pokemon to spawn tables is extremely tedious and time-consuming because we cant copy+paste the ones that are already there. I would love to add lots of new Pokemon everywhere, and I know you can add multiple at once, but I still have to manually set every value at least once for each table to do this, which isn't really feasible when there are hundreds of tables to modify. So here is my request:

• Is it possible to add the functionality to copy a Pokemon (or multiple) in a Area Spawn Table, then paste to duplicate the entry? Or a duplicate button that just remakes the highlighted Pokemon in a table if that is easier.

I know you are working on core functionality and adding new features may not be a priority, but it would be awesome if this could be added in the future.

Thanks again for all your work!!!

Edited by Inidar
rewording

Whenever I try to dump "Personal Stats" in Sword/Shield, it always throws this error. Everything works fine and get dumped properly except this. I have the latest version of pkNX as well so I don't really know what the issue is. If anyone could help me, I would appreciate it.

SWSH MasterDump Error.PNG

1 hour ago, TheSantix17 said:

Whenever I try to dump "Personal Stats" in Sword/Shield, it always throws this error. Everything works fine and get dumped properly except this. I have the latest version of pkNX as well so I don't really know what the issue is. If anyone could help me, I would appreciate it.

SWSH MasterDump Error.PNG

Refer to the readme, you need to dump the entire ROM in addition to all the update patch content.

On 4/10/2022 at 11:23 AM, WhimsicottTrainer said:

Yes. I did. closed all. But it reverted to the unchanged. Others are fine, except  Personal info editor and Learnset raw.

I have the same issue editing the Personal, Learnset and Evolution raws. Closing the program reverts any changes made.  I've submitted an issue to the GitHub page, there is a video included that shows the behavior. PLA "Personal Raw" changes do not save · Issue #201 · kwsch/pkNX (github.com)

Hello! I'm working on randomizing Pokemon Sword. Everything's working great, except I'm trying to randomize the moves and I'm having a small problem.

Since there's no randomize button for moves, I'm randomizing the moves manually. The changes are being implemented in game with no problem; however, after saving and closing pkNX, pkNX doesn't save the move tables.

I.e., when I reopen pkNX to continue editing the move tables, my changes aren't saved in pkNX, but they are saved in game. I'm hesitant to continue from where I left off in editing the move tables without re-editing the moves from before (since they've been reset to default,) I'm afraid that if I saved with those moves in their default state, it would overwrite my previous work. 

Is this a correct assumption? Do I need to manually edit the move tables all in one sitting? Will there be any changes to pkNX in the future that solve this problem?

Thanks for any help and best wishes.