pkNX: Nintendo Switch ROM Editor & Randomizer

I need some help as well, I got the latest version of pkNX that worked for me (it's from 2020) and extracted a pokemon sword xci file (which I updated using NSCB) but I can't use pkNX to access IoA encounters. It's woth noting that the extraction gave me as an output 2 separate folders - one that matches the base game XCI by size and another that matches the update NSP but only contained ExeFS files. I thought that maybe I should merge them somehow but I don't know how - can anyone help me/tell me what I'm doing wrong?

I used the following guide for all that https://youtu.be/CcCqW6jR64k only with a pokemon sword XCI that I updated using this guide: https://youtu.be/SNPRvzgKZpY

11 hours ago, extraginger said:

I updated it to version 1.0.2 with an nsp update file on my switch

We don't support any piracy here; dump contents from your own console. On top of this, your build of pkNX is severely outdated.

1 hour ago, NatureGuy45 said:

I need some help as well, I got the latest version of pkNX that worked for me (it's from 2020) and extracted a pokemon sword xci file (which I updated using NSCB) but I can't use pkNX to access IoA encounters. It's woth noting that the extraction gave me as an output 2 separate folders - one that matches the base game XCI by size and another that matches the update NSP but only contained ExeFS files. I thought that maybe I should merge them somehow but I don't know how - can anyone help me/tell me what I'm doing wrong?

I used the following guide for all that https://youtu.be/CcCqW6jR64k only with a pokemon sword XCI that I updated using this guide: https://youtu.be/SNPRvzgKZpY

Read the second post on this thread.

1 hour ago, sora10pls said:

Read the second post on this thread.

I did, but I have a problem doing that (won't work for some reason and I tried everything). Is there anything I can use to merge the NSP with the XCI on my PC and then extract them without getting them separated?

On 8/29/2020 at 3:46 AM, extraginger said:

Hey guys,

Spent an ungodly amount of time trying to get pkNX to work for Pokemon Lets Go Eevee. I will create a condensed version of events of what I've done so far:
Downloaded latest pkNX

Dragged xci file onto hactool (should be noted that the xci file only had the base game, and that I updated it to version 1.0.2 with an nsp update file on my switch), and then selected the largest folder for pkNX (contains romfs /exfs)

Got the ecounter.data.e/p files and pasted them in the flatbuffer folder. Then I transfered encounter.data.e file onto the bin2json.bat file

Did all my pokemon editing in the program (lets assume I didn't fuck that up)

Saved everything

Got my new romfs folder that has all the right folders in it (the pathing is correct) (I also didn't copy the original romfs folder but rather the one that pkNX created with the patched files).

I copy that into F:\atmosphere\contents\01001B7003A36000\RomFs (looks identical to the tut I followed)

This is where shit hits the fan and I don't no where the error is:

Tut says to drag the ecounter.data.e.bin file on to json2bin.dat file, this intuitively doesn't make sense (you'd think it would be the ecounter.data.e.json file that you drag onto that). Regardless, I did as the tut said. I then copied the encounter.data.e.bin file into the atmosphere folder F:\atmosphere\contents\01001B7003A36000\RomFs\bin\field\param\encount

Boot up my switch with Hekate 5.3.2, launch emuMMC, try to boot Pokemon Eevee for it to say it's corrupted. I then got the new acid sigpatches which I found on online and now the game boots in hekate but no mods. I installed "simplemodmanager" and installed the mods through there as well but still nothing when I boot up the game. Whenever I re-edit my mod files that are in the patched folder they always show up as modified. I really don't know where I screwed up.

I've watched this tut several times and it's very in-depth, I didn't miss any steps and I've reinstalled Eevee several times with no avail.  Currently have a mix of the latest version of atmosphere with some deepsea files in there as well.

Notes: Game boots with fuse as well(but no mods). I have never used LayeredFS before and I can't find much information on the new version of it. It seems to be an embedded feature of atmosphere of which I have the latest version, but if there are separate files or if it needs to be turned on then that could be my problem but I can't find any info on that. Any help would be appreciated, I've easily spent 10+ hours trying to get this shit to work and I don't want to give up at this point but I have nothing left to try.

You are following a old tutorial , encounters should just be able to be opened and edited without moving the json files 

7 hours ago, Shin Atomoz said:

The .bin of my old edits wont work obviously, is there a way to copy those edits over into the bin without having to hex edit? Or do I have edit everything all over again? 

Maybe I didn't understand you correctly but have you tried just replacing the files in the updated bin with the ones you already edited?

Hi im new to this but ive followed the steps on how to dump and edit the file but i have a problem when i try randomizing the moveset for when they learn my pkNX keeps crashing everything else works perfectly. so i skipped those other than that when i start pokemon sword it says gmae error.

Edited by Frosty

Any chance of having the 'Move Stats' editor added in similar to the one from pk3DS? I know a few others have asked but I haven't found any answer addressing it, so was curious if it is even planned on being implemented sometime. Nice tool so far otherwise.

On 9/12/2020 at 6:32 AM, Dreepy said:

Any chance of having the 'Move Stats' editor added in similar to the one from pk3DS? I know a few others have asked but I haven't found any answer addressing it, so was curious if it is even planned on being implemented sometime. Nice tool so far otherwise.

Same.. please give us an answer, even if it is a negative one like "No I will never implement a move editor"

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone else ran into this error? I can't seem to figure it out and can't dump the game using nxdumptool. When I say yes to dump what has been dumped up to that point nothing happens.

EDIT: I've discovered this only happens when trying to Use update/DLC. When I say no to that option it dumps just fine.20200926_152509.thumb.jpg.23346fbde64ed91ad5bb59104cb736d1.jpg

20200926_152518.jpg

Edited by Stebs

On 9/26/2020 at 6:39 PM, Stebs said:

Has anyone else ran into this error? I can't seem to figure it out and can't dump the game using nxdumptool. When I say yes to dump what has been dumped up to that point nothing happens.

EDIT: I've discovered this only happens when trying to Use update/DLC. When I say no to that option it dumps just fine.20200926_152509.thumb.jpg.23346fbde64ed91ad5bb59104cb736d1.jpg

20200926_152518.jpg

Ya when i hit no on mine it does not dump the update at all. It just goes straight to hit any button its really frustrating.

Edited by danver

On 9/29/2020 at 5:02 PM, danver said:

Ya when i hit no on mine it does not dump the update at all. It just goes straight to hit any button its really frustrating.

Since the NXdumptool update it works. I can now update and edit in PKNX but after randomizing things the game will not start. I get the error "The Software was closed because an error occurred." Felt like I was close to figuring this out too :(

As stated by others above, and sorry if this is pestering... but is there any sign to a Move Stats editor coming? Even a technical explanation would be nice, seeing as how it works for Let's Go and pretty much everything else in the game is editable just like previous games.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/5/2020 at 2:16 AM, Stebs said:

Since the NXdumptool update it works. I can now update and edit in PKNX but after randomizing things the game will not start. I get the error "The Software was closed because an error occurred." Felt like I was close to figuring this out too :(

found a way to fix the update error you have to reinstall NXdumptool for it to work properly

I'm running into an issue with Pknx's latest build for the Crown Tundra. Changes to trainers get erased when I close the exe. I save the changes and tried a clean dump as well a new pknx exe, but when I edit trainers, save the changes, and then close the application, those changes disappear.

2 minutes ago, wyc1149102695 said:

I successfully dumped the 1.30 version of the file, and used the latest pknx to generate a modified file, but an error was displayed when I opened the game. What is the reason?

Did you put an exefs folder in the folder containing the romfs of your game?

1 hour ago, wyc1149102695 said:

image.thumb.png.38fb103f0c1962d46c19fc7d16fdbffb.png

But this still doesn't work

I think I misunderstood what your issue was. After you modify the game, what did you do next? You're supposed to take the folder "0100AB..." and put it somewhere on your sd card, but I don't remember the exact path.

Also, could I ask what you used to dump the romfs?

56 minutes ago, Amusement said:

我想我误解了你的问题。在你修改游戏之后,你接下来做了什么?你应该把文件夹“0100 AB.”把它放在你的SD卡上,但我不记得确切的路径。

另外,我能问一下你过去是怎么抛弃那些小混混的吗?

I have successfully modified it before, and I did put the folder into the corresponding position of the memory card, whether it is the atmosphere or tx will report an error, so I want to ask if you have encountered the same situation as me.
Finally, the software I used for dump is called NXDumpTool