pkNX: Nintendo Switch ROM Editor & Randomizer

46 minutes ago, Saimus said:

The Lockpick application gives me an error despite being the most current. I also started hekate and the lockpick_rcm peyload and dumped emmummc ...

What am I doing wrong?

IMG_5420.jpg

ok i think drumming the sysnam with lockpick_RCM. It has already let me extract the files with the XXXXX version instead of previously doing it without said option ... I hope that will solve it.

23 hours ago, Saimus said:

ok i think drumming the sysnam with lockpick_RCM. It has already let me extract the files with the XXXXX version instead of previously doing it without said option ... I hope that will solve it.

if that didnt work , inject the hekake payload and dump the aforementioned keys again 

Hi guys, I downloaded the Texts, to change the name of the rival Paul for that of a friend.

But when adding the texts again I get this error, does anyone know how to fix it ... I have not removed the code line as indicated by the error ...

textos.PNG

On 7/5/2020 at 10:11 PM, OmgItsHongxD said:

Hello, does anyone know how to get the mod working with SX OS without crashing yet?

I have not. I ended up factory resetting my switch with Hakku33 and reinstalling cfw with Atmosphere instead of SX OS and reinstalled backups.

Unfortunately Nintendo released the 1.2.1 version, which PKNX doesn't have a patch for yet. Afaik it only works with 1.2.0 w/ Atmosphere.

11 minutes ago, eppao said:

I have not. I ended up factory resetting my switch with Hakku33 and reinstalling cfw with Atmosphere instead of SX OS and reinstalled backups.

Unfortunately Nintendo released the 1.2.1 version, which PKNX doesn't have a patch for yet. Afaik it only works with 1.2.0 w/ Atmosphere.

There were no romfs changes with the latest patch. Everything works for pkNX

1 hour ago, eppao said:

The new pknx works with 1.2.0. However, when i run it through SX OS it crashes. Did you try it on atmosphere? 

3 hours ago, Kaphotics said:

There were no romfs changes with the latest patch. Everything works for pkNX

Really sorry. When I tried using pkNX with 1.2.1 and it didn't work for me, but that's the same with 1.2.0 as I never got it to work until now. Thank you for your response, had you not I probably would have waited for another pkNX patch.

2 hours ago, OmgItsHongxD said:

The new pknx works with 1.2.0. However, when i run it through SX OS it crashes. Did you try it on atmosphere? 

Yes. It took me a day to figure out how to install atmosphere, tinfoil, and get the patches for my fw, but pkNX is finally running on my Shield game.

4 hours ago, eppao said:

Yes. It took me a day to figure out how to install atmosphere, tinfoil, and get the patches for my fw, but pkNX is finally running on my Shield game.

Which version of atmosphere and tinfoil are you using? My tinfoil wont open and keeps on closing.

• 2 weeks later...

Edit/update: still works, I successfully updated to Crown Tundra DLC.

I'll list here what I did in order to update Sword randomizer from 1.0 to 1.3 so other might have less headance than me. 

0.1: Randomizer works only when booted to Atmosphere.

1. Dump keys after purchasing DLC via lockpick (not sure why or for what but mkay..)

2. Dump updated romfs+exefs ->

3. Update pkNX via Visual Studio -> 

4.0. If PKnx does have problems with recognizing folder path, check that your exefs has folder "Pok__mon Sword v327680 (0100ABF008968800) (UPD)" , 32,6mb size and romfs has 12gb of "bin" and "system_resource" 

4.1 Randomize away!

5. Put 0100ABF008968000 folder (created by pknx) to atmosphere -> contents folder (titles folder is no longer valid information)

6. QoL hack: Create new profile to Switch, play Sw/Sh to the starter selection and save. For verifying that your randomizer works, you can now load into this save and skip 6min tutorial. I did yesterday tutorial 10 times (60 minutes of pure time waste) while troubleshooting my problems. 

6.1 QoL hack #2: all above but play until the gym and save just before challenging Milo. You can experiment with things like revealing true gigantamax form after disguise ability is broken or does  hunger switch work on other pokemons than morpeko (Spoiler: both won't work.)

Edited by palikkamaa
Complete repost, solved my problems

i downloaded the thing but when i opened the zip folder not 1 program i could open was in there. all those screenshots of those programs being used dont exist in there. Is there another way to randomize 3ds pokemon games 

Edited by RH Zeno

• 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, sora10pls said:

The same way you edit all other encounters...

I did what I did and ended up with a pokemon sword xci file, I extracted it but pknx didn't show IoA encounters. I also tried updating it (+ adding dlc) using NSCB but when I extracted it I got nothing.

Hey guys,

Spent an ungodly amount of time trying to get pkNX to work for Pokemon Lets Go Eevee. I will create a condensed version of events of what I've done so far:
Downloaded latest pkNX

Dragged xci file onto hactool (should be noted that the xci file only had the base game, and that I updated it to version 1.0.2 with an nsp update file on my switch), and then selected the largest folder for pkNX (contains romfs /exfs)

Got the ecounter.data.e/p files and pasted them in the flatbuffer folder. Then I transfered encounter.data.e file onto the bin2json.bat file

Did all my pokemon editing in the program (lets assume I didn't fuck that up)

Saved everything

Got my new romfs folder that has all the right folders in it (the pathing is correct) (I also didn't copy the original romfs folder but rather the one that pkNX created with the patched files).

I copy that into F:\atmosphere\contents\01001B7003A36000\RomFs (looks identical to the tut I followed)

This is where shit hits the fan and I don't no where the error is:

Tut says to drag the ecounter.data.e.bin file on to json2bin.dat file, this intuitively doesn't make sense (you'd think it would be the ecounter.data.e.json file that you drag onto that). Regardless, I did as the tut said. I then copied the encounter.data.e.bin file into the atmosphere folder F:\atmosphere\contents\01001B7003A36000\RomFs\bin\field\param\encount

Boot up my switch with Hekate 5.3.2, launch emuMMC, try to boot Pokemon Eevee for it to say it's corrupted. I then got the new acid sigpatches which I found on online and now the game boots in hekate but no mods. I installed "simplemodmanager" and installed the mods through there as well but still nothing when I boot up the game. Whenever I re-edit my mod files that are in the patched folder they always show up as modified. I really don't know where I screwed up.

I've watched this tut several times and it's very in-depth, I didn't miss any steps and I've reinstalled Eevee several times with no avail.  Currently have a mix of the latest version of atmosphere with some deepsea files in there as well.

Notes: Game boots with fuse as well(but no mods). I have never used LayeredFS before and I can't find much information on the new version of it. It seems to be an embedded feature of atmosphere of which I have the latest version, but if there are separate files or if it needs to be turned on then that could be my problem but I can't find any info on that. Any help would be appreciated, I've easily spent 10+ hours trying to get this shit to work and I don't want to give up at this point but I have nothing left to try.

Edited by extraginger
Added some extra details