pkNX: Nintendo Switch ROM Editor & Randomizer

I have a problem, everytime I try to load the app all I get is a blue circle by my mouse for about 20 seconds and no window appears. Checked my .NET Framework and it's the latest version. I originally downloaded a version from a link on someone's youtube and that did load up but it must of been an old outdated one because it was unable to modify den items.

On the latest version  ( #20200622.2 ) I seem to be unable to open the game folder, I get the same issue as mentioned earlier in the thread and in the attachment, which has been an issue since version #20200617.1  but is not an issue on version #20200612.1  . This is with the dump with 1.2.0 patch.

errorpkmn.png

2 hours ago, JustCallMeAlec said:

On the latest version  ( #20200622.2 ) I seem to be unable to open the game folder, I get the same issue as mentioned earlier in the thread and in the attachment, which has been an issue since version #20200617.1  but is not an issue on version #20200612.1  . This is with the dump with 1.2.0 patch.

errorpkmn.png

I have this same problem

Edited by inuivan

5 hours ago, JustCallMeAlec said:

errorpkmn.png

Did you dump the title keys again , you need to do that every time theres a patch /update

5 hours ago, zoromcc1996 said:

Did you dump the title keys again , you need to do that every time theres a patch /update

Update? Update the game? I have last update and  have same problem.

PD: I don't bought dlc.

Hello,
When I try to dump the Pokemon Sword ROM via Nxdumptool this error message appears. Appears only if I select to do it with the DLC (yes, I have the dlc installed). However I tested putting it not to go with the DLC and made the dump. However, when I opened it in PKNX, the same error appears in the photos shown above.
Note: I already ran Lockpick and generated the files, I used the first option (Sysnand 10). I do not know what else to do.

FODA.thumb.png.f2832313f9c6c73b131584a44a68eb1f.png

Edited by MaxLc
  • Teary-Eyed 1

Had title keys for the latest firmware update already, dumped the game with the update selected and the randomizer opens just fine and seems to do his thing. However when I drop the newly created game folder under titles and boot up the game I still get the SXOS crashed error I have been getting since the 1.2 game update/enabling the expansion pass.

Has someone gotten the randomizer to work yet? If so, which options did you enable/randomize? I don't mind waiting for the randomizer to be fully functional again, however a heads up if it's an error on my end and everything should work would be appreciated.

33 minutes ago, Raring@ said:

Had title keys for the latest firmware update already, dumped the game with the update selected and the randomizer opens just fine and seems to do his thing. However when I drop the newly created game folder under titles and boot up the game I still get the SXOS crashed error I have been getting since the 1.2 game update/enabling the expansion pass.

Has someone gotten the randomizer to work yet? If so, which options did you enable/randomize? I don't mind waiting for the randomizer to be fully functional again, however a heads up if it's an error on my end and everything should work would be appreciated.

It needs to go into contents folder not titles

7 hours ago, MaxLc said:

Hello,
When I try to dump the Pokemon Sword ROM via Nxdumptool this error message appears. Appears only if I select to do it with the DLC (yes, I have the dlc installed). However I tested putting it not to go with the DLC and made the dump. However, when I opened it in PKNX, the same error appears in the photos shown above.
Note: I already ran Lockpick and generated the files, I used the first option (Sysnand 10). I do not know what else to do.

FODA.thumb.png.f2832313f9c6c73b131584a44a68eb1f.png

you need to dump the title keys from lockpick_RCM again

• V-Wheeeeeel!!! 1

1 hour ago, zoromcc1996 said:

It needs to go into contents folder not titles

Pretty sure that's how it's for atmosphere only. I have other modifications for various games under titles and they all load just fine on sxos and so did Pokemon Sword prior to 1.2. Will give it a shot later tho. I assume titles/contents? 

E: As I expected, contents is for Atmosphere only and doesn't do anything on SXOS.

Edited by Raring@

I am having the exact same issue as Raring@:

Having an error with pkNX. Seems to work on versions before the dlc update, but after that its always shows this. I thought it had to do with the update not being included with the .nsp file, so I merged the dlc and update with the original nsp file using NSCB but no luck. Using yuzu currently, so impossible for me to use nxdump. Any help would be appreciated.

Figured out a fix, I recommend those who still need one to visit the post I made in regards of fixing the issue : 

Hi can somebody help me?, where can i find a guide about how to use pknX?, i have my game dump and i can open it with pknx, i tried to do a x999 raid but i failed :( also, i would like to know where i can see the new items from the dlc ids?

On 6/26/2020 at 6:19 AM, Cyntri said:

Any tips anyone has to try to get rid of the SXOS crashed error that will not let me boot the game with the pkNX mod?

Another commit was pushed, the problem persists tho. If you find a solution, kindly let me know.

Does anyone know how to edit EVs and levels of Pokémon in raid dens? 

EDIT: Or failing that, how to bring back the event Mewtwo raids and inject it into a normal den. 

Edited by Waltee

6 minutes ago, Saimus said:

#20200630.1 Fix Armor distribution raid dump... the application does not open. Any solution?

Latest commit has nothing to do with loading game data, so it's unrelated to your problem. You likely haven't built the project correctly or the program is loading an invalid ROM dump on startup.

************** JIT debugging **************
To enable Just In Time (JIT) debugging, the configuration file for this
application or machine (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging = "true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exceptions
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
instead of controlling it through the dialog box.

fallo.PNG

3 minutes ago, Saimus said:

************** JIT debugging **************
To enable Just In Time (JIT) debugging, the configuration file for this
application or machine (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging = "true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exceptions
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
instead of controlling it through the dialog box.

fallo.PNG

Your ROM dump doesn't include the Ver. 1.2.0 patch; Personal entries were resized from 0xA8 to 0xB0. Dump it properly from your console including the latest patch.

3 hours ago, sora10pls said:

Your ROM dump doesn't include the Ver. 1.2.0 patch; Personal entries were resized from 0xA8 to 0xB0. Dump it properly from your console including the latest patch.

The Lockpick application gives me an error despite being the most current. I also started hekate and the lockpick_rcm peyload and dumped emmummc ...

What am I doing wrong?

IMG_5420.jpg