pkNX: Nintendo Switch ROM Editor & Randomizer

Hey I wanted to tell you that when I go into the Trainers tab and set "TrainerMaxAI" to "True" the game starts a new save and crashes after 20 sec selecting language and setting name.

When its set to "False" everything runs perfect.

Im playing on Yuzu Emulator I dont know how it works on the Switch but just wanted to tell you hope you could fix that :)

Ty for the great mod

Edited by turkeynaruto
I Found out what causes the Problem

On 2/4/2020 at 3:39 PM, Kaphotics said:

Yeah, it's not an issue with pkNX, but instead an issue with the operating system.

The program is trying to get a list of files within the folder "C:\Users\geral\Desktop\Sword Rom\RomFS\bin\message\English\common", but the operating system (Windows) rejects the request by saying "that folder doesn't exist"!

I still suspect it's some type of OneDrive issue where the files (and folders) aren't being stored locally. I'd try moving the entire folder to a USB stick; beyond that, I have no clue.

is there a fix?

Edited by fballester02

I am able to use everything after compiling it just fine, but with the addition of Galarian Slowpoke, the learnsets all shifted from wherever Slowpoke starts. Mons before that learn moves just fine whereas ones after learn crazy shit, like low amp Toxtricity learning Giga Drain and Shadow Ball. How do I fix this when new mons come with DLC? The trainer editor works fine with this though...

Hello everyone, I am using SXos in my console and I already have some files of a page that are already randomized, but I don't know in which folder I have to put the file or if I simply have to paste it in the first page of the switch sd, can you help me?

• 1 month later...

Since I couldn't figure out how to download from the changed page, I tried to create it from the source via github. However it seems I'm missing the bin folder. i attached a screenshot of my folder. Visual Studio had no errors when creating the source. Any idea what went wrong?

E: figured out how to download from the linked site directly. So issue temporary solved.

pknx.png

Edited by Raring@

5 hours ago, IDK22 said:

So i finished editing the things i want and I put the title id in the titles folder of atmosphere but when i launch the game nothing is changed . What is wrong ??

The title id now needs to be in a folder named "contents" not the title folder 

Would it be possible for someone with access to LGPE to take a screencap of the move editor info for Sappy Seed and DM it to me?

There are some bugs that crop up if I try to make a move like Seed Bomb have a chance to inflict Leech Seed on the target in the Gen VI and VII 3DS games, I'm curious if there is some field they have in the move data that I could just copy over (like how Toxic poisoning is induced by setting the turn-count fields to 15).

I may be dumb but I cant find where to download this. I try and follow these steps: (click on latest run at the top, then click Artifacts - published, and download the folder) but I do not see anything that says Latest Run anywhere, and I don't see Artifacts anywhere either.

22 hours ago, Dublicious said:

I may be dumb but I cant find where to download this. I try and follow these steps: (click on latest run at the top, then click Artifacts - published, and download the folder) but I do not see anything that says Latest Run anywhere, and I don't see Artifacts anywhere either.

Click on the first item (which is the run itself) then click on job and you will see the artifact tab appear on the right hand side , click that then that will take you to the page to download the latest build , hopefully that has helped

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, the program is working flawlessly except for text editing. When i click on Common, then edit something, click on Save and close PkNx, everything i've done is canceled. If I re-open PkNx the text displayed is the same as the text before any edit. 
Maybe i'm doing some mistakes but i really can't find a solutions to save the text edit.

Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks!

my game keeps crashing after i was done i took the main file from the exefs and replaced my sword main file with that one but now the ryujinx emulator keeps crashin did i do somthing wrong?

Edited by Guest

On 2/4/2020 at 1:24 PM, Dub420 said:

Need some help here. I am getting this error when trying to load my dump. I have checked that path to make sure its there and it indeed is. My RomFS folder has over 41,702k files as seen in the pictures i uploaded.  I used NX Dump Tool for my dump with any problems or errors. Any help would be much appreciated on this! 

pknxpic.png

pic2.png

pic3.png

pic4.png

Hi,I got same error, I found out I should creat two file folder named ExeFS and RomFS on pc and drag dumped files to them,not drag folders.

Edited by murphyis

On 11/24/2019 at 12:08 PM, kurayamiyousei said:

I really wish I could get this to work, but over the past 3 nights of redumping, verifying I have that magic number mentioned in the thread of 41,702 files in the roms folder, trying dumps from both my xci file and my nsp files, I cannot get this to work at all. It always fails at this screen right here. I really have no clue what I'm doing wrong at this point. Am I just overlooking something super simple at this point?

explorer_2019-11-22_15-25-06.png

Exact same issue >.<
I even dumped update perfectly too with hactool and pknx meadow doesn't recognize T_T

6 hours ago, christianwidjaya said:

Exact same issue >.<
I even dumped update perfectly too with hactool and pknx meadow doesn't recognize T_T

Try not having capitals in the romfs and exefs folders , it could be something that small.

Long time lurker of this site, just joined to let you know and maybe give an option for it. I wanted to randomize my Shield game and pkNX made the correct files.... For Sword. I renamed the folder to shield's ID and it worked flawlessly. Can we by chance have it save a layeredFS folder for both versions to prevent the program making the randomizer for the wrong version of the game? If this isn't feasible, can we have an option to choose which version to save the folder as?

Edit: to be clear. I pulled RomFS and ExeFS from my shield cart, so I don't know why pkNX would save a sword file instead of shield.

Edited by Uzephi
Clarification

Quick question for SWORD and SHIELD games. Having a look through all the files with this I came across the script files, well, text files anyway. I was wondering, would it be possible somehow to change what each gym badge entitles you to catch? I don't care really about dialogue changes but would do them as well if a larger mod would require it. Basically...I just wanted to change each badge to allow you to unlock the "potential" catching higher level pokemon, whilst keeping the "control" limits the same (like older pokemon games). So for example, to be able to catch a level 50 pokemon at 30, but it be hit or miss whether it would listen to you properly until the required gym badge was collected. Either that, or just for fun, to find a way to circumvent it completely. This looks like it would be possible but it's where to look in pkNX. Any help would be great.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2019/1/27 at PM8点32分, AvatarMew said:

我遇到一个问题,每当我编辑培训师的宠物小精灵的统计信息然后设置并保存时,它就不会保存,它只会恢复到原来的样子。 

When I edit pokemon sword shield, this problem will appear. Click Save, pknx will pop up an error window, and then pknx will exit. The trainer cannot edit normally, and hopes to fix this problem.

I have a problem...I randomized the game and everything seems to work fine but during my first grunt battle and afterwards with Hop, they send the same Pokemon as me and i automatically win the battle ? What did i do wrong?