pkNX: Nintendo Switch ROM Editor & Randomizer

So I did randomize the pokemon and trainers in my game, but the i wanted to randomize the pokemon evolutions and moves so i tried and now when I try to run my pokemon Lets go Pikachu it just doesnt load, it freezes and minutes later closes out, my folder is correct but i dont know whats happening.  Just in case, these are the things I changed: Wild encounters, trainers pokemon, pokemons evolutions, and pokemons movesets.

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you for fixing the last couple of issues I reported. Here's a few more that I've found, if you're still interested:

Trainers: When editing the IV/EV/AV stats of trainer Pokémon, the changes often don't save. Sometimes I can get the stats to save if I don't edit any other properties of trainer Pokémon and actually don't click the save button before closing the window (just edit the stats for a single Pokémon then close the window without clicking the save button).

Trainers: If using the randomizer on trainers to only boost the levels of Pokémon, but not add or randomize any of the existing Pokémon, the program will still add two Pokémon to all encounters with Jessie and James (trainers 7, 8, 20, 21, 24, 25, 32, 33, 50 and 51). It also removes the Jolteon/Raichu from an encounter with the rival (trainers 30 and 31).

Trainers: When modifying trainers manually, if you select the "view" option on an Alolan Pokémon, the form value gets set to 0. So if you make any changes to that Pokémon and "set" it to save the changes, it gets changed to the non-Alolan variant of that Pokémon.

Pokémon: When modifying the Base EXP of Pokémon, the program will change the RandomGender value for most Pokémon. This value isn't visible within the program, but if you dump the tables before and after modifying, you can see the values have changed for the RandomGender column when comparing the two tables. This happens whether modifying the Base EXP manually or with the randomizer tool to scale the EXP for all Pokémon.

Edited by Dziggy

RandomGender: It's a derived property (gets a random valid gender), so the dual gendered mons may return a different random gender. Ignore that column -- I just removed it from the export by changing the inner logic (no longer a Property)

I'll investigate the others for Trainers

edit: @Dziggy thanks, all should be resolved now :)

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/27/2019 at 6:32 AM, AvatarMew said:

I've got an issue, whenever I edit the stats of a trainer's pokemon then set and save it doesn't save, it just returns back to how it was originally. 

On 2/17/2019 at 11:04 PM, Dziggy said:

Thank you for fixing the last couple of issues I reported. Here's a few more that I've found, if you're still interested:

Trainers: When editing the IV/EV/AV stats of trainer Pokémon, the changes often don't save. Sometimes I can get the stats to save if I don't edit any other properties of trainer Pokémon and actually don't click the save button before closing the window (just edit the stats for a single Pokémon then close the window without clicking the save button).

Trainers: If using the randomizer on trainers to only boost the levels of Pokémon, but not add or randomize any of the existing Pokémon, the program will still add two Pokémon to all encounters with Jessie and James (trainers 7, 8, 20, 21, 24, 25, 32, 33, 50 and 51). It also removes the Jolteon/Raichu from an encounter with the rival (trainers 30 and 31).

Trainers: When modifying trainers manually, if you select the "view" option on an Alolan Pokémon, the form value gets set to 0. So if you make any changes to that Pokémon and "set" it to save the changes, it gets changed to the non-Alolan variant of that Pokémon.

Pokémon: When modifying the Base EXP of Pokémon, the program will change the RandomGender value for most Pokémon. This value isn't visible within the program, but if you dump the tables before and after modifying, you can see the values have changed for the RandomGender column when comparing the two tables. This happens whether modifying the Base EXP manually or with the randomizer tool to scale the EXP for all Pokémon.

I'm still experiencing  all of these issues, and I'm not seeing any versions on the dl link other than 0.1.0...

• 1 month later...

Is there any specific reason as to why the first coach trainer on route 3 crashes when you randomize trainer classes. I had randomized trainer classes and when the battle was about to start it just crashed. So I went back into pknx and changed it back to Coach Trainer and the battle continued. I then thought it would be like this for all coach trainers, so I saved in front of the coach trainer on route 4 and but that coach trainer was fine with a randomized class.

• 4 weeks later...
8 hours ago, LilPuff420 said:

Hi

I am using pknx and it works? Changing shiny rate and spawn works 100% but when i edit trainer pokes and set the edited pokes then save, I get no folder with my games title ID like I do with the spawn modifier and shiny rate changes

Help?

Close the program to save / flush all changes.

40 minutes ago, Thetubbs99 said:

I am trying to increase the level of Trainers Pokemon by 1.5 but it isn't working. My rivals Pokemon isn't level 9 like it should be. Instead it is 45. 

Restore backups and only randomize/bump levels once. If you keep repeating the action, it'll compound their levels.

• 5 months later...
12 minutes ago, Kobazco said:

Hi, I just built the latest version pkNX that is supposed to have Sword/Shield support. However, when I try to open the folder with the romfs/exefs, it says invalid game/the game can't be recognized. Any reason why?

Double check the file count in the rom folder. If you've dirtied it by unpacking game files inside of it, the file count won't match the expected count.

41,702 is the magic number for sw/sh!

11 minutes ago, Kaphotics said:

Double check the file count in the rom folder. If you've dirtied it by unpacking game files inside of it, the file count won't match the expected count.

41,702 is the magic number for sw/sh!

Thanks this fixed it! I had some backup files that were auto made by HxD when I was doing some trainer editing on my own a few days ago lol. Thanks for all your hard work.

I tried building the newest build and i get the following error in Visual Studio 2019: 

A numeric comparison was attempted on "$(MsBuildMajorVersion)" that evaluates to "" instead of a number, in condition "($(MsBuildMajorVersion) < 16)".    pkNX.WinForms                

Also the following Warnings:

Warning        The referenced component 'System.Drawing' could not be found.    pkNX.WinForms                
Warning        The referenced component 'System.Xml' could not be found.    pkNX.WinForms                
Warning        The referenced component 'Newtonsoft.Json' could not be found.    pkNX.WinForms                
Warning        The referenced component 'System' could not be found.    pkNX.WinForms                
Warning        The referenced component 'System.Windows.Forms' could not be found.    pkNX.WinForms                
Warning        The referenced component 'Costura' could not be found.    pkNX.WinForms                
Warning        The referenced component 'System.Data' could not be found.    pkNX.WinForms                

Edited by Mindinfinity

Here's my build of what was on github as of this posting.

But anyways, I have a bug report I guess? Opening "Wild_SW" or "Wild_SH" works once, but then after closing, even without saving, reopening only shows blanks for all areas. Deleting the folder created after opening it fixes this, but I assume that's not intended.

pkNX.zip

2 minutes ago, Shadowth117 said:

Here's my build of what was on github as of this posting.

But anyways, I have a bug report I guess? Opening "Wild_SW" or "Wild_SH" works once, but then after closing, even without saving, reopening only shows blanks for all areas. Deleting the folder created after opening it fixes this, but I assume that's not intended.

It wasn't fully finished; the flatbuffer re-encoding wasn't thoroughly checked as we were more focused on reading rather than writing.

3 hours ago, Kaphotics said:

It wasn't fully finished; the flatbuffer re-encoding wasn't thoroughly checked as we were more focused on reading rather than writing.

Sry, I assumed because it said Sword & Shield update in the Github logs it was some what ready. Did not want to make it sound like I was trying rush. Thx for all your hard work.

Edited by Mindinfinity

Hey i  getting Errors while Randomize the Trainers, it mostly only randomize the first trainer and then stops

Error log : 

************** Ausnahmetext **************
System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Der Index war außerhalb des Arraybereichs.
   bei pkNX.Randomization.MoveRandomizer.GetRandomSTABMove(Int32[] types)
   bei pkNX.Randomization.MoveRandomizer.GetRandomMoves(Int32[] Types, Int32 movecount)
   bei pkNX.Randomization.MoveRandomizer.GetRandomMoveset(Int32[] Types, Int32 movecount)
   bei pkNX.Randomization.TrainerRandomizer.RandomizeEntryMoves(TrainerPoke pk)
   bei pkNX.Randomization.TrainerRandomizer.Execute()
   bei pkNX.WinForms.BTTE.B_Randomize_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in L:\Documents\GitHub\pkNX\pkNX.WinForms\Subforms\BTTE.cs:Zeile 548.
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Geladene Assemblys **************
mscorlib
    Assembly-Version: 4.0.0.0.
    Win32-Version: 4.8.4018.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C.
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll.
----------------------------------------
pkNX
    Assembly-Version: 1.0.0.0.
    Win32-Version: 1.0.0.0.
    CodeBase: file:///G:/Switch/Pokemon%20Schild%20Randomizer/pkNX.exe.
System.Windows.Forms
    Win32-Version: 4.8.4001.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C.
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll.
System
    Win32-Version: 4.8.4001.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C.
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll.
System.Drawing
    Win32-Version: 4.8.3752.0 built by: NET48REL1.
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll.
System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll.
System.Core
    Win32-Version: 4.8.4018.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C.
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll.
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll.
System.Windows.Forms.resources
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_de_b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.resources.dll.
pkNX.Structures
pkNX.Game
pkNX.Containers
pkNX.Sprites
pkNX.Randomization
System.xml.resources
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_de_b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.resources.dll.
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll.
System.resources
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_de_b77a5c561934e089/System.resources.dll.
mscorlib.resources
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/mscorlib.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_de_b77a5c561934e089/mscorlib.resources.dll.

may anyone can help ?

ROMSFS has 41.702 Files

EXEFS has 6 Files

Randmize PKMNS works

Is Randmize Starters coming too ?

Edited by Sc0uty