Let's Go Eevee save corruption

munkyhead86

Registered to report it :)

Tried the new version of PKHeX on Let's Go Eevee.

So far, every change I did, no matter how minor, ended up in corruption.

Whenever I tried "major changes", the game didn't load at all (namely, didn't found my save file).

More strange is that when I tried making "minor changes" - like only changing the amount of money I have - the game loaded just fine, but announced 'corruption' when I tried to save in-game.

Other changes I've tried: adding items, changing the number or type of Pokeballs I have... No matter what change I make, the game's unable to save.

Please assist me :)

1 minute ago, Kaphotics said:

You're probably doing something wrong when you're restoring the save data. If something was (simply) wrong with PKHeX, there'd be a flood of reports.

I assume... 

What I'm doing is to backup my save with Edizon and Checkpoint (tried with both), edit my money for example, copy it back and restore with the app I used. 

I load the edited save just fine, but when I try to save it in-game, it "dies". 

What can I do/check? 

Just now, munkyhead86 said:

Me too. 

Again, restore works and I'm seeing my changes in-game, but when I try to save anything - it gives me a corruption message.

That's weird, maybe it's the changes you've made, or the CFw you're using, or the version of Checkpoint you're using.
I'm able to save in-game just fine.

How about you start over.
Load an unmodified save file, make sure you're able to save properly.
Then make a copy of that save, and ONLY change the items (like increase Master Ball to 2).

Load up that save, and make sure you're able to save properly in game.

If it works, it writes off the CFW and Checkpoint as the problem.
It's keeps open the possibility that your previous edits were probably too drastic for the game (perhaps illegal),
so it didn't allow it to proceed.

Test those 2 scenarios, then report back whether it works.

6 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

Load an unmodified save file, make sure you're able to save properly.
Then make a copy of that save, and ONLY change the items (like increase Master Ball to 2).

Load up that save, and make sure you're able to save properly in game.

Did that last night, only change I've made was to increase the money I have by 1. That's all.

Using latest Checkpoint & Edizon on SX OS 2.2.1 - both programs produce same error in-game.

Tried to eliminate all I could think of before posting here, which is mostly starting fresh each test, and trying with only one, minor change.

By the way, I'm able to restore a working save each time - which I believe that eliminates the possibility of me doing the backup&restoration process wrong (meaning, I'm able to load my backed-up save and continue playing unmodified, save again, test again).

Redownload PKHeX, try again with the modications.
Reinstall checkpoint/update to latest versions.

Are there any kind of modifications that don't cause that weird issue for you?

So far, the things I've done (and work fine):
1. Change OT TID SID
2. Import GB1 files
3. Clear away tons of Pokemon in my box
4. Increase items (Golden Razz, Master Ball, Premier Ball)

As you noticed, I've done a lot, but I didn't touch money.

Also, ensure the folder only have the savedata.bin (there's no backup file or whatever).

I have not had any error either, I have only added a couple of pokemon from other generations (that have appeared as eggs) and I have filled the pokedex, but it has not corrupted my save file. I do not touch the money part, so i dont know.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, munkyhead86 said:

I'll try going for just Pokeballs, and report back :)

By the way, what is the meaning of "unable to match an encounter from the origin game"? This is what had stopped me from adding Pokemons.

it means don't drag on Pokemon files that this game clearly doesn't support.

You can try changing the species of an existing Pokemon, but can't drag in PK7s