Did I brick Pokémon X by using pk3ds?

GAF

So when I follow the 4thgengamer's tutorial on how to randomize 3ds games, I can't make the starter randomization work properly. They do randomize but first of all the 3ds models don't match the Pokémon I actually receive. Secondly and worse, when battling Shauna, the game freezes. This doesn't happen when starters aren't randomized.

But worse yet, I can't seem to undo the faulty starter randomization. The 3ds models stay the same and I still receive randomized starters even though I don't touch the CROs and they apparently aren't part of my patched game. I've tried deleting the dumped game and dumping it again to no avail. I have no idea why the starter randomization doesn't disappear. Anyhow, as of now the game is completely unplayable, maybe even bricked.

Can someone help?

Edited by GAF

On 11/17/2018 at 8:55 PM, theSLAYER said:

Delete all the patched/edited files from your SD card, see if you can load the basic game.

I can load the basic game. Without any pk3ds edits, the game doesn't crash.

I also figured out what I did wrong before and now I'm able to remove the starter and 3d model modification without removing the romfs edits. However, the game still crashes when the battle with Shauna begins. This is weird as this didn't happen before when I hadn't edited starters. I was able to battle her with my Froakie with a randomized ability while she battled with a randomized Pokémon.

Any idea why this is changed?

And why is it that the starter modification in particular seems so glitchy? What could I be doing wrong?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

You probably did something wrong with your edits, cause you loaded the basic game just fine.
 I'm unable to help you out there.

Okay.
You assume that I made some simple mistake patching the game or randomizing it?
Are you familiar with the 4thgengamer's pk3ds tutorial? Is there some general consensus amongst you experts that its instructions are solid?

14 minutes ago, GAF said:

Okay.
You assume that I made some simple mistake patching the game or randomizing it?
Are you familiar with the 4thgengamer's pk3ds tutorial? Is there some general consensus amongst you experts that its instructions are solid?

I know that many others used PK3DS, and they were able to randomize the game.
sometimes it could be that you;re using outdated .NET framework, or didn't use latest pk3DS, but user error is the most common./

No, I'm not familiar with the tutorial as I don't randomize my games. However, I did see the Brutal Season 2 playthrough, and they ran through the game just fine (before swapping saves). So his tutorial probably works.