Lets go partner pokemon edits

Bblurre

Read the changelog.

Okay so that must be a rare encounter. Is there a way to view a list of original NPC trainers for pokemon given by NPCs? For example alola geodude given by Higeo. I assume Laparas and Hitmonchan need a NPC OT.

Edited by pkmfan

1 hour ago, Kaphotics said:

Please elaborate.

Oh sorry. What i meant was, when you edit your partner pokemon's (pikachu or eevee) gender, their appearance does not change in game. For example female pikachus heart shape tail does not change to a male pikachu's lightning bolt shaped tail

Edited by Bblurre

Just now, Bblurre said:

Oh sorry. What i meant was, when you edit ypur partner pokemon's (pikachu or eevee) gender, their appearance does not changein game. For example female pikachus heart shape tail does not change to a male pikachu's lightning bolt shaped tail

That's probably not saved in the PKM data, it's likely in the save file which gender it is. I don't think anyone has found where that info is stored.

The game shouldn't have to dig through the pkm storage to find your starter, then to check the gender. It's likely precomputed and stored for easy reference :)

Not sure if this helps or not, but the starter's gender is determined upon that initial cutscene before you even input your name.  While you can SR for nature or characteristic, the gender is set in stone. 

If you do a future save, make sure your partner is the desired gender (tail shape for pikachu, tail tip shape for eevee.) before you save the game. 

Edited by Britty
fixed link
  • Like 1

• 3 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...