PID legality using DeSmuMe nightly

CharizardOutrage2

I want to RNG event Pokémon using the ds emulator “DeSmuMe”. I want to use lua scripts to check the frame and seed. RunAsDate will set the correct time (with the option that It won’t change, so I don’t have to hurry up to start the emulation).

Will the PID generated this way be legit? Or are they wrong like some gba emulator made invalid pids like previously reported by users?

Edited by CharizardOutrage2

3 hours ago, CharizardOutrage2 said:

I want to RNG event Pokémon using the ds emulator “DeSmuMe”. I want to use lua scripts to check the frame and seed. RunAsDate will set the correct time (with the option that It won’t change, so I don’t have to hurry up to start the emulation).

Will the PID generated this way be legit? Or are they wrong like some gba emulator made invalid pids like previously reported by users?

Legal, not legit.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sabresite said:

Legal, not legit.

Why not legal? Do you mean it’s not bit/byte correct on emulators? Real consoles genarets legal Pokémon by doing RNG.

2 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

If I'm not mistaken, for the most part, emulators work with gift/static encounters (anything that's Method 1). It's the other encounters that may cause issues once in a while..

So you wold say the match the real console if methode 1?

Edited by CharizardOutrage2

2 minutes ago, CharizardOutrage2 said:

Why not legal? Do you mean it’s not bit correct on Emulators? Real consoles genarets Legal Pokémon by doing RNG. 

Semantics. Legit refers to the carts played on official hardware with no modification or save dumping.
Once the save or mon was exposed to non-official methods (save dumping, played on emulator, viewed stats on PKHeX)

Legit refers to a very narrow category where no dumps or modification can occur.
Legal refers to creatures that look legit, but you me and your conscience for sure that it isn't done with official hardware.

For example, playing on emulators mean it isn't done with official hardware, so the creature captured would be at best legal.

6 minutes ago, CharizardOutrage2 said:

So you wold say the match the real console if methode 1? 

I doubt I would be able to convince you otherwise.

Catch all the mons you want, then check on PKHeX if it's legal.

• Like 1

I was told emulators don't emulate the vblank state or something (they skip over it), still, if PKHeX doesn't flag em, then it's fine.

Same thing with the false trash bytes; I heard the trash bytes on emulators are different, but they stay generically the same between mediums.
(official hardware has a set pattern to trash bytes, emus have a different set of patterns etc)